2025 Ben Hanks Jr 4* CB from Booker T Commits to the Gator

Advertisement
Everybody’s good until they get popped in the mouth

IMG_0036.jpeg

They don’t match up well with us if we actually play correctly they’re line is *** stop the run on early downs and force mertz to beat you get after his *** and make him turn the ball over

On offense run the ball for 4 yards a clip and let cam distribute the ball to open playmakers don’t be afraid to use the tight ends the middle of the field will be open with all their stupid blitzes and capitalize in the redzone and get them down early by two scores and make them have to throw the ball and don’t let up and don’t come in there trying to fight beat there *** on the field and take it to them every play
Mertz threw 3 picks last year.

He is mr check down. They aint gonna be too agressive on offense..a trick play here or there an quick stuff to wilson (have to tackle him) our coach loves those type of games.....

now if we get up 2 scores like u said it forces the hand....then we can possibly let the dogs on the dl looose.

Advertisement
Eh, their RB is an NFL guy and the WR they just added is good as well.

Exactly, and Mertz was going to the TEs last season, too. They don't need to be super stars if he's hitting them for 5-10 on dinks and dunks.

The Locked on Gators guy just had a video where he pointed to the OL and the CBs as their two biggest weaknesses. If that's true, like others posted, we got to stop their run on the first two downs, then Mertz is DOA with our fast package on offense because he needs to reset when flushed and won't have time. I have to believe Ward can pick apart their CBs.

God I hope we annihilate them. But they're much better at home than away. And people are sleeping on Mertz and that offense, IMHO.

Mertz threw 3 picks last year.

He is mr check down. They aint gonna be too agressive on offense..a trick play here or there an quick stuff to wilson (have to tackle him) our coach loves those type of games.....

now if we get up 2 scores like u said it forces the hand....then we can possibly let the dogs on the dl looose.
I’d imagine this season they try to let him pitch it around more since they babied him last year which may play into our favor because once you get to heat him up he will turn that pill over I’m talking career wise last year was them with complete training wheels on him everything was short and sweet and if that’s the plan there’s no way they’ll beat us because I know cam ward will score more points then they’ll hold us to

Advertisement
Exactly, and Mertz was going to the TEs last season, too. They don't need to be super stars if he's hitting them for 5-10 on dinks and dunks.

The Locked on Gators guy just had a video where he pointed to the OL and the CBs as their two biggest weaknesses. If that's true, like others posted, we got to stop their run on the first two downs, then Mertz is DOA with our fast package on offense because he needs to reset when flushed and won't have time. I have to believe Ward can pick apart their CBs.

God I hope we annihilate them. But they're much better at home than away. And people are sleeping on Mertz and that offense, IMHO.
Mertz is a game manager 4 sure. Limit the run game and make him uncomfortable and we're good. Our offense might have some kinks early but ultimately Cam is a playmaker and just a matter of time before he gets them to crack. My big worry in any game 1 is special teams. No botching kicks/punts or fumbles and we win IMO.

I know @DMoney has said Miami has felt good here, but ive never felt comfortable with a Gator legacy signing with Miami.

Same thing with Vernell Brown, never felt we were really a realistic choice. Unlike some Miami
Legacies, Gators and Noles actually go to their schools.

If they are leaning that way now with Napier on the hot seat, then they would still sign there if he gets boot. UF would more than likely bring in a proven HC that would rally troops before NSD imo.

Last edited:
lol. No doubt.

I was going to post this closer to the game but I worry Miami fans are getting way too ****y and sleeping on Mertz and UF. The guy is much better than CIS gives him credit for and he has a couple of stud WRs and a solid supporting cast. That’s going to be one scary game up in the swamp. I decided to go back and watch some condensed games UF v Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina. If we don’t control the LOS and stop the run like Kentucky did it will be a shootout. I think we win. But to dominate, we need to force him to throw on the run and pressure him.
I rewatched their games and I think Mertz is going to be running for his life. Plus their D is swiss cheese.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back