2025 Ben Hanks Jr 4* CB from Booker T Commits to the Gator

I know @DMoney has said Miami has felt good here, but ive never felt comfortable with a Gator legacy signing with Miami.

Same thing with Vernell Brown, never felt we were really a realistic choice. Unlike some Miami
Legacies, Gators and Noles actually go to their schools.

If they are leaning that way now with Napier on the hot seat, then they would still sign there if he gets boot. UF would more than likely bring in a proven HC that would rally troops before NSD imo.
Adarius Hayes says hello. Highly-ranked Gator legacy and long-time Gator commit that flipped to us on signing day. A lot of these dudes are paid to commit and then bounce when it’s time to put pen to paper. Not a coincidence both UF and FSU’s classes fell apart leading up to signing day the last couple years. Mario plays the long game and doesn’t stop recruiting you.

Advertisement
Adarius Hayes says hello. Highly-ranked Gator legacy and long-time Gator commit that flipped to us on signing day. A lot of these dudes are paid to commit and then bounce when it’s time to put pen to paper. Not a coincidence both UF and FSU’s classes fell apart leading up to signing day the last couple years. Mario plays the long game and doesn’t stop recruiting you.
Ive never seen anything saying he was a legacy. He grew up closer to Gville, and claimed it was his dream school.

Ive never seen anything saying he was a legacy. He grew up closer to Gville, and claimed it was his dream school.
I’m not sure he’s a legacy either but if you want some good laughs about how ****ed up recruiting is, just follow his news

It worked out for us but he was “shut down” “recruiting for UiF”

Gator Tears

IMG_5574.jpeg

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

I’d imagine this season they try to let him pitch it around more since they babied him last year which may play into our favor because once you get to heat him up he will turn that pill over I’m talking career wise last year was them with complete training wheels on him everything was short and sweet and if that’s the plan there’s no way they’ll beat us because I know cam ward will score more points then they’ll hold us to
They tried to get more vertical in their spring game. Mertz went 15-27 (55%) 1 TD 1 INT. He threw for 240 yards but 110 came on two passes against their really weak DBs. The final score was 19-17 so even when they made a point to be more aggressive, it didn’t turn into actual points and just highlighted how inaccurate Mertz is when asked to actually throw forward passes.

They just don’t have playmakers. If you look at their individual numbers last year, you’d think they were a good offense but they were pretty much dead average in most categories. Scoring, total offense, yards per play, etc. it reinforces the idea that it’s hard to score a lot gaining 5 yards at a time. Their more explosive running back is in Athens now and the returning back is more of a plodding type. Not a game breaker. Their only explosive receiver from last year got drafted but they did bring in a productive transfer to take his spot. Their offensive line is below average at best. They’re going to have to resort to grinding it out while dinking and dunking in the passing game. Honestly I’m glad we play them early. It’s unlikely they’ll have more than a tiny package for Lagway and Mertz can’t beat us. They could be dangerous at the end of the year when they’ve thrown in the towel on 2024 and go all in on Lagway. Especially if Billy is canned and the new play caller has nothing to lose.

They just don’t have playmakers. If you look at their individual numbers last year, you’d think they were a good offense but they were pretty much dead average in most categories. Scoring, total offense, yards per play, etc. it reinforces the idea that it’s hard to score a lot gaining 5 yards at a time. Their more explosive running back is in Athens now and the returning back is more of a plodding type. Not a game breaker. Their only explosive receiver from last year got drafted but they did bring in a productive transfer to take his spot. Their offensive line is below average at best. They’re going to have to resort to grinding it out while dinking and dunking in the passing game. Honestly I’m glad we play them early. It’s unlikely they’ll have more than a tiny package for Lagway and Mertz can’t beat us. They could be dangerous at the end of the year when they’ve thrown in the towel on 2024 and go all in on Lagway. Especially if Billy is canned and the new play caller has nothing to lose.
Spot on. This describes them to a T. My Gaytor neighbors are very worried about this game and said their OL is bad.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but I swore he was a legacy and that was part of the shock they got when we flipped him. They were so overly confident they weren't losing him til a few days before the flip.

Izubee Charles is predicting Big Bank Hanks to Miami.

Stephen Wagner is predicting him to UF.

I'll reiterate what I said before, IF he's allowed to make his own decision I believe it'll be Miami. If his Pops makes the decision, it'll be UF.

I'll reiterate what I said before, IF he's allowed to make his own decision I believe it'll be Miami. If his Pops makes the decision, it'll be UF.
You think his pops is just steering him to UF for a bag to setup bag # 2 nowing when Napier is eventually canned he can just hop into the portal and cash out again ? I never trust these parents who are overly involved.

Advertisement

Wagner looks like a creeper pedophile so I'm going to roll with Mr Charles on this one Plus D$ hasn't changed his stance on Miami feeling good about him

Who is more unbiased?

Advertisement
You think his pops is just steering him to UF for a bag to setup bag # 2 nowing when Napier is eventually canned he can just hop into the portal and cash out again ? I never trust these parents who are overly involved.
I think he's a UF alum that's pushing his kid to UF.

He's gonna get a big NIL deal regardless of where he goes. All 3 schools after him are willing to pay.

Advertisement

I’ll just say a few things.

For months, I’ve heard that UGA is hard after a dade corner. No names, but I’ve seen a few UGA guys down here quite a bit since the Spring eval period opened up.

Hanks and his family really enjoyed the trip to Athens.

Then the last few days everyone has been talking about Ewald to UGA…

WTF!

He is my CB1 and a must get.

Advertisement
Back