Bat Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of these guys will be 4 stars when it’s all said and done. The NJ OL likely won’t , he needs a lot of work.
In this age, you have to balance the class and sprinkle in some lower rated, high upside guys who understand they need some time and are willing to put in the work. Cant take a grip of top 100s at the same position every class, half of them will just transfer out by year 2.

Its going to be a really important and underrated task for teams to find lower rated guys who are willing to stick around and grow. Otherwise your left struggling with massive turnover every year. Depth, scout team, long term development, culture and senior leadership will be very hard to maintain.

Obviously dont mean taking JAGs, have to identify where there is upside that needs developing and a good attitude.

Advertisement
He’s enormous but I don’t see it. He holds a lot , has awful technique and doesn’t move that well imo . But they know way more than I do. They coach that position up and have a good track record. It’s definitely size and upside though. I guess we’ll see.
Gaby said Minaya benches 225 21times already at 16 years old. He’s huge and strong as an ox. They’re betting on traits here

Advertisement
Your points are valid. The only reason I don't care for the "have been right for ages" argument anymore is that we have fundamentally changed how we scout and evaluate. Both in quanity (number of people hired to evaluate film and track player development) and quality (Alonzo is using NFL-draft-style evaluation questions and methods).

That's all. I just can't worry about "what we did for the last 20 years" any longer. Will we occasionally reach or miss on some guys? Possibly, but that doesn't mean it's 2011 all over again.

Just my 2 cents.
That's a fair point I do trust them this is different. Can't argue with this post. The only thing I can say is we do judge prospects on here good and bad but I for one trust these guys. Will they all pan out? That never happens even at top programs kids get funneled out.

So is the rumor we are landing the unranked guard today?

1681829465994.jpeg

Advertisement
Anyone questioning Mario and Mirabal on OL talent assessment needs to be questioned themselves for their lack of intelligence.
Ehhh. We have two stiffs that they recruited to Oregon and then even brought over as transfers.

Nobody bats 1.000

Last edited:
May I ask why you are here if you just constantly mope? Take your negative bs elsewhere.
Just go look at the lists of the teams we are expecting to compete with eventually and see how it lines up. If the goal is to win 8-9 games a year then fine we may develop these kids every 3-4 years who play as upperclassmen and are decent football players. But the top teams take, by majority, top talent. Maybe these kids all blow up and become top 300 talent but more than likely they remain ranked in the 700-1000 range and that’s not going to make us an elite team. Just isn’t.

Anyone questioning Mario and Mirabal on OL talent assessment needs to be questioned themselves for their lack of intelligence.
This is true however Mario acting like he’s the Oline coach and not the overpaid HC he is at Miami.

Oline is fixed in a instant while the rest of the roster burns in flames

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is true however Mario acting like he’s the Oline coach and not the overpaid HC he is at Miami.

Oline is fixed in a instant while the rest of the roster burn in flames
That’s a bit of an exaggeration. CB, WR, QB & Safety are issues. We’ll see about DT as the guys brought in and this class might change that room like OL changed.

Advertisement
Current roster issues:
- QB depth and future plan
- RB depth for this season
- WR depth and production
- OT depth for this season
- OG depth and future plan
- C depth for this season and future plan
- DE depth for this season
- DT depth for this season and production
- LB depth for this season
- CB depth and production
- S depth and future plan

I get it he still needs time but the roster is still in bad shape with now what? Half the kids being Mario kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back