Bat Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Any idea on why they're so high on the NJ OL?

More of an upside thing?
He’s enormous but I don’t see it. He holds a lot , has awful technique and doesn’t move that well imo . But they know way more than I do. They coach that position up and have a good track record. It’s definitely size and upside though. I guess we’ll see.

As one of the four horsemen of the mope-ocalypse, I usually have something to b !tch about. I'm not hating on these players. Cristobal can't coach his way out of a paper bag, but for now he gets the benefit of the doubt on recruiting lower ranked players since it sounds like Highsmith is doing most of the homework.
eva green dark shadow GIF
@RVACane, looks like we need some editing.

Whack-A-Mope.gif

Advertisement
As Dmoney said there’ll be a run mid commits. Even if they might not blow skirts up here
I like this approach. Get the lower ranked dogs early. We don’t want to miss out on these types while big game because we all know that takes time. Can’t afford to keep missing out on the mids that always end up haunting us the most.

Advertisement
So another 3 star?
We’re following the exact path as last year grabbing the less heralded kids early. By summer the real fireworks begin. And a couple of these kids will get 4 star bumps. A couple won’t pan out but that happens everywhere and our depth still warrants 5-7 three star type kids for now until all the cupboards are reasonably full.

As one of the four horsemen of the mope-ocalypse, I usually have something to b !tch about. I'm not hating on these players. Cristobal can't coach his way out of a paper bag, but for now he gets the benefit of the doubt on recruiting lower ranked players since it sounds like Highsmith is doing most of the homework.
The Hate is strong with this one

Last edited:
I mentioned in the Minaya thread....just to give a little background.

Does track and bball. Just started playing when he was 14 and just got to Paramus Catholic; he was at Belleville so likely got no coaching there, also Very very little camp and very very little “real training."

Playing in that league will help speed up his in game ability because he will face some big, fast DL

I like this approach. Get the lower ranked dogs early. We don’t want to miss out on these types while big game because we all know that takes time. Can’t afford to keep missing out on the mids that always end up haunting us the most.
The roster can't be filled with 4 and 5* kids. Only 2 teams had 80%+ blue chips and only 4 teams had 70%+ last year.

10 teams had 60%+

So we should be targeting 60%

That means for a class of 30, at least 12 kids will be 3* or less.

Advertisement
He’s enormous but I don’t see it. He holds a lot , has awful technique and doesn’t move that well imo . But they know way more than I do. They coach that position up and have a good track record. It’s definitely size and upside though. I guess we’ll see.
He doesn't seem very strong for his size either, I'm guessing they think a college S&C program can fix that. I liked Frankie Tinilau as a project more but like you said they definitely know more then us about OL development.

Advertisement
He doesn't seem very strong for his size either, I'm guessing they think a college S&C program can fix that. I liked Frankie Tinilau as a project more but like you said they definitely know more then us about OL development.
Well he's only 16 years old so plenty of time to get stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back