Bat Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next step of Mario transforming the program is to solve some of these issues with players on the roster go from showing flashes to stepping up and performing. Like Chris Graves, Isaiah Horton, Moten etc players with talent. The staff needs to coach them up. We cant be looking elsewhere everytime when we have numbers at positions.
Moten looks like he's well on his way. The other two are inconsistent but ooze talent. Still early and plenty of time to turn that around.

Advertisement
Greys Anatomy GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Also @TheOriginalCane they don't realize when a HC comes in and a class is already in place the new HC has to seal that class in little time. They forget alot of that was Manny evals so that class although we got some Mario guys late, that's not his first full class. But a new HC has no choice but to bring them in the fold cause then u have to scramble. So last year is a wash with some guys peppered in from Mario.

His first real class was this past cycle. Guys he identified and targeted. I'm sure at Oregon he probably wasn't in battle with Manny for Manny's kids besides Kelly. His definition of ballers were way different than MD. It's not even close. A new HC first class coming in last minute is always a wash. This class u will see real nice stand outs day one like we have seen in the spring game.

It's basic common sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s a bit of an exaggeration. CB, WR, QB & Safety are issues. We’ll see about DT as the guys brought in and this class might change that room like OL changed.
Look where Mario’s sense of urgency aimed at…..the Oline, while those same CBs, WRs and QBs have more IFFF than a FIF

He doesn't seem very strong for his size either, I'm guessing they think a college S&C program can fix that. I liked Frankie Tinilau as a project more but like you said they definitely know more then us about OL development.

He did more bench reps as a 16 year old than a few OL that were at the NFL combine this year.

Why, Bammer... WHY???

All of these recent commits won’t move the needle. I’m waiting for a difference maker to come on board. Give me Luis Cristobal.
You could have waited and announce his commitment at the coin toss and nobody will GAF

Advertisement
He did more bench reps as a 16 year old than a few OL that were at the NFL combine this year.

Why, Bammer... WHY???
Bench reps don't always translate to on the field strength. I'm talking about on the field, even when you watch his highlight tapes which is all good and no bad you can see he struggles to move people in the run game unless he's significantly bigger then them. I do like him as a pass blocker though. He might have to kick inside at the next level and will need to get stronger in the run game if he's going to go against these giant 300LBs+ DTs. Luckily we have a top tier S&C program.

Watch the 2nd play where he goes up against someone his own size and gets manhandled.

Here's another 4-5 plays of him getting manhandled. This is why it's important to actually watch the film instead of checking box scores and watching highlights tapes. If you want to get a good look at a prospect go watch the hudl tapes of the prospects who played against them.

Here's some more clips of him getting ragdolled

Last edited:
Look where Mario’s sense of urgency aimed at…..the Oline, while those same CBs, WRs and QBs have more IFFF than a FIF
I don’t speak IFFF and FIF.

The recruiting or roster isn’t a burning dumpster fire in all positions. There’s more talent now and more needed but we’re not at zero like your post suggests.

Bench reps don't always translate to on the field strength. I'm talking about on the field, even when you watch his highlight tapes which is all good and no bad you can see he struggles to move people in the run game unless he's significantly bigger then them. I do like him as a pass blocker though. He might have to kick inside at the next level and will need to get stronger in the run game if he's going to go against these giant 300LBs+ DTs. Luckily we have a top tier S&C program.

Watch the 2nd play where he goes up against someone his own size and gets manhandled.

Here's another 4-5 plays of him getting manhandled. This is why it's important to actually watch the film instead of checking box scores and watching highlights tapes. If you want to get a good look at a prospect go watch the hudl tapes of the prospects who played against them.

Here's some more clips of him getting ragdolled

He's being recruited as an IOL and yes, Bammer, the 16 year old kid will continue to get stronger. He's strong AF for his age.

Dear lord, son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back