2024 Aydin Breland 4* DT from Mater Dei

Advertisement
Definitely a low bar but there were posters (definitely NOT the Goatsider Cribby or any other insider) saying it might be better than ATMs. I was like
Hold Up Wait GIF by Martin
Yeah that stuff all gets weird when it comes to certain people

We can only really go by history so when I give Mario the benefit of the doubt in some areas, it’s also fair to say hey if you’re going to flip a narrative then I need to see it first. Like people saying we will finish in the 20s that would be outside the norm for Mario so it feels inauthentic and more emotional, same as people claiming we will land the best DT class in the country

He did some great things last year, but he’s yet to out-recruit the blue bloods for DTs, WRs, and CBs

Not that he can’t…but until I see otherwise it’s kind of futile to think so

It’s why early on I was looking at guys like Scott, Stewart etc as potential “game changers” meaning in the past we would have no shot. Well we got a seat at the table but we didn’t land them. So…progress? Perhaps. But it doesn’t matter unless we land some of them

Not good enough Imo.

For this DLine class to be elite, you need three studs. Jones and Breland would be awesome, but need a third. We don’t even know how solid Jones’s commitment is.

I’ll be severely disappointed if we lose Franklin to Auburn…and then if you lose that, you expect A&M not to outbid us for Breland? At a bare minimum, they’ll drive that price up big time. Don’t see a world where we outbid oil money if we can’t outbid Auburn.
Lol "NEED" 3 5star DTs? come on. Want, sure. Need, no.
Like what is considered Elite? Only if we get the #1 DT class in the country? Cause make zero mistake, that's what landing 3 (including Jones) would be.

The thing you are right on is DT is a bigger need than EDGE. We are pretty stacked at EDGE currently, and Lightfoot seems like a fully solid commit.

Advertisement
2024-
DT
JHH, Moten, Horton, Collins, Gore, maybe Bain, maybe LT: 5-7
Plus- 1 portal, 2-3 freshmen

DE
Harvey, Kelly, Moss, Wayne, Williams, maybe Mesidor, maybe Bain: 5-7
Plus- 2-3 freshmen

Edit: forgot about Campbell who has 2 years to play. Either another tall 3T like Collins or SDE
We need Collins to grow into a DT!

Advertisement
you can never count Mario out, so at least that’s cool.

And at the same time, the talent pool to pick from shrinks by the day. I’ll give you four legit flips max even if we win 9-10 games, and that’s likely on the high end. It’s probably closer to 2, maybe 3.

McCoy shouldn’t even count since he should be in the bag by now.
Need to put tbe full court press on him!

You’ve been pretty steadfast on this train all summer, so I hope you’re right. Would be massive and finally a big f^ck you to Venebles.
Yeah man it’s wild how 99.999% of people are like yeah there’s less than zero chance but D$ is also one that hasn’t conceded him at all, and he was one of the only people that remained on the Lightfoot train

No clue what happens but interesting to say the least

Advertisement
Yeah man it’s wild how 99.999% of people are like yeah there’s less than zero chance but D$ is also one that hasn’t conceded him at all, and he was one of the only people that remained on the Lightfoot train

No clue what happens but interesting to say the least
I feel that's pretty consistent though. Scott was talked about until he wasn't. The last couple stewart updates were it was still being decisions being made the crystal balls might of been to early miami is still in it etc.

I feel that's pretty consistent though. Scott was talked about until he wasn't. The last couple stewart updates were it was still being decisions being made the crystal balls might have been to early miami is still in it etc.
The OSU crystal balls were too early for Stewart. Unfortunately, South Carolina was the team that finished the deal.

Advertisement
The OSU crystal balls were too early for Stewart. Unfortunately, South Carolina was the team that finished the deal.
But did they? We all know Mario is not going to stop recruiting this kid, unless you (keep it on the low) know something that we don't and can't tell; which is fine with me as long as we get the desired results.

I feel that's pretty consistent though. Scott was talked about until he wasn't. The last couple stewart updates were it was still being decisions being made the crystal balls might have been to early miami is still in it etc.
That’s fair

Advertisement
Back