2024 Aydin Breland 4* DT from Mater Dei

Advertisement
Little FYI on Aydin Breland

Rivals is doing spotlights on top uncommitted prospects from each region and their prediction on where they are headed

For Brelend saying that Miami and 8&4 have separated from the rest. Could go multiple ways, but he has established good connections down in South Florida but they are predicting Breland to the Canes.

Alright time to nut up and close this. Reallocate those funds…

If y’all land Breland but lost Kam to Auburn is the feeling overall more positive?

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

It's LT's third year and if he has a good year, I think he bolts.

As for JHH, we'll see. He's been rumored to portal out for some time so if he gets surpassed on the depth chart, it would not surprise me if he left after this year.
Yeah I really hope we get to have that conversation about LT and the draft. It’s time for him to put it all together

Advertisement
Absolutely not.

I’m fine with one elite end but you need three elite DTs. Jones has all-world potential but you need at least two guys ready to fight for the two deep in ‘24 given what the potential depth chart looks like. I don’t think Jones will be ready - unbelievable potential, but still raw.

And I get everyone is still technically “unpolished” out of high school, but some guys are further along than others.

Put your money where your mouth is and win out for Franklin and Breland. We’ve already whiffed on everyone else, should have plenty of funds right?
Interestingly enough, I think landing Breland (or Stone) helps land Franklin because now you can truthfully sell him on lining him up all over the line depending on situation.

Advertisement
I’ll change the picture a little from @AUcane

Does this crop satisfy you?

DE - Lightfoot
DT - Jones
DT - Franklin
DT - Russell
DE - Rudolph

Yes but I'd probably hit the portal for a DT as well

I'd give that A- at DT and A at DE…Franklin brings versatility and maybe even Russell too depending on how big he gets.

I'm not yet convinced on the last two. Russell has an odd body type and I know he was productive and people love throwing around the Bain comp (in terms of size) and Rudolph is REALLY skinny (barely over 200).
Respectfully I feel fans who make that comparison to Bain (and Klancey) really haven’t watched their film side by side. Those two guys were super athletic disruptive wrecking balls who caused havoc all over the field. I know Russell is only a junior but his film shows more of a lunch pail guy who makes plenty of plays by playing disciplined assignment football.

Advertisement
He does have a covid year but I think you need to stop looking at it that way, especially for talented kids. It's his 3rd year and it's a money year for him.
That is 50/50 for 1st round DT. Lots of them are 4/5 years of college. LT has flashed so he very well could be one of the 3 and done types. I just wouldn't consider it 100%.

I know he hasn't been mentioned much recently but with Booker Pickett now OV'ing during the season wouldn't he almost be a take at that DE spot if Rudolph doesn't want in?
Depends on how he looks on his OV. A poster has said that he’s closer to 6’1 185 than his listed size. If so it would be tough for him to make that big of a physical transformation unless we see him as an LB.

Advertisement
Respectfully I feel fans who make that comparison to Bain (and Klancey) really haven’t watched their film side by side. Those two guys were super athletic disruptive wrecking balls who caused havoc all over the field. I know Russell is only a junior but his film shows more of a lunch pail guy who makes plenty of plays by playing disciplined assignment football.
My issue with Russell is that he doesn't have a bull rush which to me is odd as that is the easier move to use when you are the dominant athlete. He also will need that type of strength if he moves inside. He was a stand-up rusher for a good percentage of the snaps. It would be nice to see his hand in the ground and more bull rush with hand use as a senior.

In all honesty our “best class ever” at DL is a pretty low bar. We’ve been terrible at that spot

But I have always been a “wait and see” guy when it comes to recruiting DTs against the SEC and Ohio States of the world

I’m not criticizing anyone that got over the moon about it but it just didn’t seem like reality to me and Cribbys approach only solidified that
Definitely a low bar but there were posters (definitely NOT the Goatsider Cribby or any other insider) saying it might be better than ATMs. I was like
Hold Up Wait GIF by Martin

He does have a covid year but I think you need to stop looking at it that way, especially for talented kids. It's his 3rd year and it's a money year for him.
He doesn’t have a Covid year he signed in the Covid class.

IMO:

Need 2
Lightfoot (Miami)
Franklin
[BGCOLOR=initial]Breland[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial][BGCOLOR=initial]Stone [BGCOLOR=initial](not likely)[/BGCOLOR][/BGCOLOR][/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Simmons (not likely)[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Need 2 [/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Jones (Miami)[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]McCray[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Pickett Jr[/BGCOLOR]
Rudolph

Need 2 Upside kids
Russell
Tyreek'e Robinson - watch first 3-5 games as senior
Dimitry Nicolas - watch first 3-5 games as senior
I'd potentially add a DE to this list but haven't looked much assuming we were going to land 2-3 good ones with JT coaching

Advertisement
Back