2024 Aydin Breland 4* DT from Mater Dei

Absolutely not.

I’m fine with one elite end but you need three elite DTs. Jones has all-world potential but you need at least two guys ready to fight for the two deep in ‘24 given what the potential depth chart looks like. I don’t think Jones will be ready - unbelievable potential, but still raw.

And I get everyone is still technically “unpolished” out of high school, but some guys are further along than others.

Put your money where your mouth is and win out for Franklin and Breland. We’ve already whiffed on everyone else, should have plenty of funds right?
I agree plus we have good ends already and there are generally more to choose from. And elite DTs are basically impossible to get out the portal

Advertisement
If y’all land Breland but lost Kam to Auburn is the feeling overall more positive?
Breland is #1 DT in the nation for me personally. Kam is a stud in his own right but it's like comparing Russell Maryland to Chad Thomas in terms of Canes comps.

Breland, for me, is just a big of a pull as Samson was last year.

If y’all land Breland but lost Kam to Auburn is the feeling overall more positive?
TintedCapitalEchidna-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Didnt D$ say Stone mom is all in on Miami? Was he at the Mother's Day BBQ with Mario? Maybe its not as over as we thought. Still wouldnt count on it though. We have to spring a surprise somewhere I
1% percent chance that kid going to Oklahoma only way he flip if we have a decent season

Not good enough Imo.

For this DLine class to be elite, you need three studs. Jones and Breland would be awesome, but need a third. We don’t even know how solid Jones’s commitment is.

I’ll be severely disappointed if we lose Franklin to Auburn…and then if you lose that, you expect A&M not to outbid us for Breland? At a bare minimum, they’ll drive that price up big time. Don’t see a world where we outbid oil money if we can’t outbid Auburn.

Setting aside the fact that was a self-serving question by a Vol fan, I would gently disagree with you here. We got Samson and Mauigoa, the other three guys weren't too highly rated, yet we correctly consider last year's OL elite. If we get Jones and one other of our top interior targets, plus Lightfoot and one other of our top exterior DL targets, that would actually be a better haul along the DL. I honestly don't think you can ask more of Mario. For me, at least, he would have met/exceeded his goal of bringing in a DL whale haul.

And just like the OL, he's going to have to go big fish hunting in the portal on interior DL this offseason. There's zero doubt in my mind we need a Lee/Cohen type (at least 1, preferably 2) even if he lands the DL class we hope coming out of high school.

Interesting to see how many people still think Stone is in the realm of possibility. Based on everything I’ve read on here, his choice has long since been determined.

If we lose out on both Kam and Breland that will hurt.

Advertisement
Mario has an long standing relationship with Breeland. Typically those are the ones he wins more than he loses. Now this is a cross country battle with big money bags SEC school.

Think back to Jayden Wayne, Riley Williams, and Francis Mauigoa. Big timers with long standing relationships with Mario.

Advertisement
IMO:

Need 2
Lightfoot (Miami)
Franklin
[BGCOLOR=initial]Breland[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial][BGCOLOR=initial]Stone [BGCOLOR=initial](not likely)[/BGCOLOR][/BGCOLOR][/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Simmons (not likely)[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Need 2 [/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Jones (Miami)[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]McCray[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]Pickett Jr[/BGCOLOR]
Rudolph

Need 2 Upside kids
Russell
Tyreek'e Robinson - watch first 3-5 games as senior
Dimitry Nicolas - watch first 3-5 games as senior
I'd potentially add a DE to this list but haven't looked much assuming we were going to land 2-3 good ones with JT coaching
Add :

Advertisement
I’m not counting on any of the top guys that way I’ll never get depressed or disappointed and can experience the joy if one of them happens to pop our way…
you can never count Mario out, so at least that’s cool.

And at the same time, the talent pool to pick from shrinks by the day. I’ll give you four legit flips max even if we win 9-10 games, and that’s likely on the high end. It’s probably closer to 2, maybe 3.

McCoy shouldn’t even count since he should be in the bag by now.

you can never count Mario out, so at least that’s cool.

And at the same time, the talent pool to pick from shrinks by the day. I’ll give you four legit flips max even if we win 9-10 games, and that’s likely on the high end. It’s probably closer to 2, maybe 3.

McCoy shouldn’t even count since he should be in the bag by now.

And after what’s happened so far I’m not getting my hopes up about landing any of the “ whales” so if we do happen to get one or two I can experience the joy without having to be depressed if we don’t land any.

Advertisement
Back