Any word on Nesta?

Advertisement
This. I feel like he typified a lot of what's been wrong here. Way more style than substance, although I 'm not saying he had none. Dude could play, and did, but also had a chance to dominate, but never did. I don't think he got anywhere close to maximizing what he had to work with. I think that's partially on him and partially on the culture of handholding, friend making, and overall loser mentality coming down from the staff and athletics. Like Romberg said, Cristobal is bringing fear back to the head coaching position.

Nesta would be housebroken in one month under a Cristobal regime and I'm not sure he's willing to submit to the pain.
The attitude problem and outbursts on the sidelines is true but I never heard a word about him bullying people. He's always been spoken highly of by teammates and would be one of the main dudes looking out for his teammates only coming behind Gil.

Chad Thomas use to crack jokes on everyone. The moment Chad stepped on campus he was cracking jokes on literally every player. He use to crack on the shape of Duke's head. Tell Njoku go back to Nigeria, etc.. nobody ever called him a bully. He was just a kid from who would rank on folk nonstop. Lol

The attitude problem and outbursts on the sidelines is true but I never heard a word about him bullying people. He's always been spoken highly of by teammates and would be one of the main dudes looking out for his teammates only coming behind Gil.

Chad Thomas use to crack jokes on everyone. The moment Chad stepped on campus he was cracking jokes on literally every player. He use to crack on the shape of Duke's head. Tell Njoku go back to Nigeria, etc.. nobody ever called him a bully. He was just a kid from who would rank on folk nonstop. Lol
Yeah…. Nesta was absolutely a bully and the **** he says to other players isn’t in jest. Fwiw When these kids get drafted in a few years, I’m excited for Nesta to watch them on Sundays from his living room. Please don’t compare him to Chad Thomas. Chad is a great person and was a GREAT teammate. The majority of the outbursts on the sidelines were aimed at younger players and coaches about them taking “his” reps. Mean and emotionally immature.

Yeah…. Nesta was absolutely a bully and the **** he says to other players isn’t in jest. Fwiw When these kids get drafted in a few years, I’m excited for Nesta to watch them on Sundays from his living room. Please don’t compare him to Chad Thomas. Chad is a great person and was a GREAT teammate. The majority of the outbursts on the sidelines were aimed at younger players and coaches about them taking “his” reps. Mean and emotionally immature.
If what you guys say about Nesta is true then it's disappointing.

I never said Chad was a bad teammate. I never said Chad was a bad person. I said Chad use to love cracking jokes on people and nobody ever referred to him as a bully.

Nesta has a natural edge to him. His attitude isn't the best but I've never known him to be problematic in the locker or towards younger players.

Advertisement
Nesta has a natural edge to him. His attitude isn't the best but I've never known him to be problematic in the locker or towards younger players.
If “natural edge” is a euphemism for *******, ok. His attitude “isn’t the best”. Your words? What? You just compared him to one of the kindest and smartest men to ever wear the U. He’s a bonafide jerk. The younger players hate him. I’m done with this. We’ll be a closer team after him and a few others leave. Like the fans, the kids know what’s up. I think you do too. Fwiw

Football is about bullying the shlt out of other people.

He wasn’t the best locker room guy. Fwiw He was a bully to the younger kids and his outbursts on the sidelines and in the locker room were a huge part of our cultural issues. He also half assed it every other play. I’m ready for a new start without him. So…. Less ignorant and more insightful. Fact
When Manny D got named the head coach the culture was f’up right then….with real leaders in place a lot that BS is cut short or the player is cut short…

Advertisement
We got some soft players…All this Nesta bully mess…man win lose or draw we had nobody step up to Nesta & check him or at least try to…that’s problem with the culture softness….we must all hold hands & be friends to be a good team lol come on man…impossible for 85 kids to all like each other & get along everyday..sorry it ain’t happing..

Why? He had flashes but was pretty underwhelming. I bet you only watch the ball when you're watching the game. Nesta is average. He won't play in the league & we have studs at DT.
Studs???? We have LT and he hasn’t proven he’s a first rounder. He has talent but it’s not like we have 3-4 guys that have secured playing time. If anything he’s in the 2 deep. We have LT and JHH and that’s it and neither of them are “studs” just both solid players at this time. Always need depth

Why? He had flashes but was pretty underwhelming. I bet you only watch the ball when you're watching the game. Nesta is average. He won't play in the league & we have studs at DT.
In the last 18 yrs, of watching UM football, you ain't figured out yet, we have talented players come through, who never develop to their potential, till a real coach, gets them!
We have NFL players, who were not great here, because we've had no coaches here!!!
But you be you!!

Advertisement
They both played at cypress bay. Nesta started highschool there
E610F45D-2153-4560-B59F-2465F430E065.webp
FC2DBE35-4157-453C-A133-BFD6D44EF749.webp

Not saying he comes back but I hope Nesta does

Nesta is gone. No announcement needed he is a senior. And he said before the fsu game he wanted to finish 4-0 vs them
That's not correct , he has a season of eligibility left due to the Covid freebie.... Whether he comes back or not is another thing but he can if he chooses too...

Advertisement
If he’s your starting d tackle your d line isn’t very good. He’s a solid rotational d tackle. Hope he comes back to be the 3 or 4th guy in rotation. Now that Manny is gone I trust that the best players will play

Last edited:
Nesta was overrated since day 1. I'm happy for him to come back but wasnt even half the player Gerald Willis was who couldnt even get drafted
This. And he’s only a legit 5 11 which hurts him tremendously as well at the next level. I have said it many times on this board. He tries to play like Suh when his game should be modeled after a guy like geno Atkins who was also undersized. I do love nestas hustle but his play style at the point of attack isn’t what you want from a severely undersized d tackle

Advertisement
Back