8 million NIL deal shiiiiiiiiiit

Advertisement
Sucks with Nico, but prefer this than him going to UO, since it seemed at one point, UO and Bama were the teams to beat. Want them to suffer since they stole Iuli from us.

Advertisement
We don’t want yet another SEC team to deal with. Tenn has been down a long time and they are grade a cheaters
True, but as of right now, are they REALLY going to compete much with Bama and UGA? Saban may not be there for another 10 plus, but Smart will. We know most of the heavy hitters in the SEC will pay to get too talent, and so far, that hasn’t stopped Bama and UGA.

Ultimately, I would love to get Nico. But once we start winning AND keep the NIL thing going, I know we’ll be fine in the end. We’ll get our share.

I didn’t read the entire thread. A coach just bought a 17 million dollar house in California. He’s being paid to build a winner. He can’t do that without the best athletes. I’m happy for him. Everyone should get paid their fair market value. I hope every kid deserving of eight million dollars gets his too. It’s a corrupt system and I’m glad it’s almost over. I love college football as much as anyone here. Fair is fair. Pay the **** kids their money. They also need things like lifelong healthcare for injuries attained in college. There’s a lot wrong with the current system. Kids getting too much money isn’t one of them.

If you could pull any recruit from the past and they could get a NIL deal, who would be the most expensive?

The hype surrounding Ron Paulus was a big as I remember. I don't think he would've been as big a recruit today due to some of the freaks we're seeing at QB these days, but hype wise he has to be near the top.

Advertisement
If you could pull any recruit from the past and they could get a NIL deal, who would be the most expensive?

The hype surrounding Ron Paulus was a big as I remember. I don't think he would've been as big a recruit today due to some of the freaks we're seeing at QB these days, but hype wise he has to be near the top.

Willie Williams. End thread.

We just have to get more creative.

USC might have their own signature line of Beats soon. The film industry is also going to give them a leg up (and not for nothing, the TV and Film industry around UGA and UT in Austin will increasingly play a role in their NILs).

Gonna be weird seeing our guys on top of taxis in ads for Tootsies and E1even.

Last edited:
Tennessee recruiting now:

1647098511438.webp

Advertisement
Zero issue with the kid taking the money, and I don’t really care if someone wants to pay it… just think it’s insane to pay that before someone’s ever done the work. That said the outrage seems a little silly, it’s not much different than throwing money into an IPO.

We don’t want yet another SEC team to deal with. Tenn has been down a long time and they are grade a cheaters
That’s fine, but if they couldn’t compete with bags against Alabama and Georgia and LSU for the last twenty years why would they be able to outbid them in the NIL era? Signing a QB for $8M is a huge, attention getting move…but they are going to have to pay inflated rates to lure the other 5 star talent that they need.

Coaches already have endorsement deals. Do you think Nick Saban just likes decorating his podium with Coca Cola products because it looks nice?
I'm not talking about head coaches. Let alone the greatest coach of all time who is obviously well compensated.

I'm talking about position coaches and coordinators.

Imagine the QB coach of this kid making $300k a year while the QB he's coaching is making $2mil+/year.

Advertisement

They struggled originally with NIL but have gotten their network together and will probably be way more involved moving forward now that they got their “counsel” setup.

We ust have to get more creative.

USC might have their own signature line of Beats soon. The film industry is also going to give them a leg up (and not for nothing, the TV and Film industry around UGA and UT in Austin will increasingly play a role in their NILs).

Gonna be weird seeing our guys on top of taxis in ads for Tootsies and E1even.

Agreed. Ruiz can only do so much. Eventually that won’t even be close to enough. Maybe someone closer to the program can let us know if there is more being worked in behind the scenes to go to the next level.

Everything can’t ride on life wallet.

Someone needs to be working corporate deals and other mainstream deals

All this money for “potential”. These guys throwing this cash around need to go back a check out why the NFL went from paying these rookies these astronomical rookie deals to basically putting them on a pay scale by round and pick number. I’m all for kids making that money but what’s the plan when all doesn’t go as thought.
Agreed. How long before those paying the money demand that "their" player who is woefully underperforming still gets to start instead of being benched, in order to guarantee more exposure for the money paid...with the threat of no future NIL deals for the team if the coaches don't comply?

This is honestly unsustainable imo. Wait till all these billionaires don't see the expected return on their investment. Eventually they'll get tired of spending those types of figures once a few of those types bust. Dumping 30+ mil a year for a class and A&M and most likely not winning the SEC anytime soon.

Exactly. I've been thinking the same since things started to explode in the last few months. Somebody is going to wake up one day and ask themselves what the eff they just spent $100M on over the past 5 or so years.

Advertisement
Back