2018 5 Star PG Immanuel Quickley's Final 8

I live in Tennessee and there's this abomination called "a VolCat". Vol fans in football and UK fans in basketball. They're held in utmost derision locally, regarded as a Frankenstein of front runners.

Now we've got CaneCats?

Advertisement
I live in Tennessee and there's this abomination called "a VolCat". Vol fans in football and UK fans in basketball. They're held in utmost derision locally, regarded as a Frankenstein of front runners.

Now we've got CaneCats?

If you root for Colorado in football and Miami (FL) in basketball, you're a "CoCane."

Advertisement
Quickley plays for Team BBC?

:KYPOwCc::nba-kobe_bryant-ups:thumbsup_kid::lebron.jpg::nba-wade_amused-amu:madstare::11263364213_e8bdef3:clapping1::K9yuNiP::11263365343_2b1651d:dbc::canes3::shocked:

Advertisement
Quickley talked about wanting to play with his friend and fellow BBC Montez Mathis. Mathis also had an offer from Kansas. He committed to Rutgers yesterday. Hopefully that helps us in head to head with Kansas. Still looks like it's Kentucky way ahead.

If IQ wants more than just an express only train to the NBA, I think we have a shot. Cal isn't about the intangibles that matter to some kids.

Advertisement
Although Kentucky looks like they lead, the fact that we are still in his recruitment is a good sign IMO. Get the kid on campus and anything can happen. I trust coach L to keep up the elite level of recruiting.

Advertisement
I've had this discussion with some on this board but Coach Crispy Calamari has in essence built an NBA prep school. His pitch is 100% business that focuses on each 5 star kid and how they have to treat themselves like a business. It's a great model but in the end kids like IQ are still going to be lottery picks no matter where they go. Miami's pitch is we'll get you to the NBA too but you'll build life long family bonds and learn how to play unselfish, hard nosed defensive ball. Go to Kentucky and be one of a half dozen 1/done kids who are all looking out for themselves or play for a guy like L who genuinely cares about the long term and play on a team of unselfish players looking to elevate each other.

I know im getting way ahead of myself but Zion Williamson said he wanted to play with IQ in college. OH man if we get IQ, come on down zion!!

Advertisement
Back