2018 5 Star PG Immanuel Quickley's Final 8

Quickley just went onto Kentucky Sports Radio, Evan Daniels is the fill in host for the day "I think right now Kentucky is definitely the favorite. I think it’s an advantage because I’m getting to know Coach Calipari right now." and again said the plan is to make a decision before this season but still plans to visit each final 4 school soon. I like Miami football so I am on this board often but I am a UK bball fan...seems he is all UK. Not trolling just passing on info since rarely do Miami and UK go after the same BBall player.

I mean, Kentucky was pretty shocked Lonnie Walker picked Miami over them too. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm sure you guys will have a ridiculous class regardless of what happens with Quickley, but I think most of us Miami fans aren't going to count out Coach L. All of the recent high-level recruits we've gotten, Walker, Lykes, Brown, Huell, and Gak were pursued by bluebloods and supposed to end up somewhere other than Miami.

In general though, Miami basketball recruiting doesn't get much coverage so it's hard to know exactly where we stand for Quickley. It seems like we have a decent chance, but you're probably right in that KY is the safe bet

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, Walker is definitely not the type of kid that would find Calipari appealing.

Advertisement
I've never really understood the reasoning behind thinking if they ended the 1 and done, it will hurt Cal and Kentucky. He would still get the best players, they would just stick around longer. He would still convince top talent to come and wait. The pitch of come here and practice against the best players every single day would still be there. It would def even out the playing field, but I think the Dukes and Kentucky's would still take the top talent. And Cals best teams have been when a top guy has stuck around for an extra year.....the Championship team and the 38-1 team both had "one and done's" come back....I honestly think it would help him. But just my opinion

I've never really understood the reasoning behind thinking if they ended the 1 and done, it will hurt Cal and Kentucky. He would still get the best players, they would just stick around longer. He would still convince top talent to come and wait. The pitch of come here and practice against the best players every single day would still be there. It would def even out the playing field, but I think the Dukes and Kentucky's would still take the top talent. And Cals best teams have been when a top guy has stuck around for an extra year.....the Championship team and the 38-1 team both had "one and done's" come back....I honestly think it would help him. But just my opinion

At the end of the day, Cal will usually get what he wants. He gets his talent for a year and he prepares the talent to play at the next level. The intangibles might suffer but it is a business. And I cannot blame kids for seeing the appeal.

I think there will always be the 5 star kids that are not sold on the whole running college like an NBA AAA league.

Maybe IQ will see some of this during the U19s. Or maybe he will see its allure.

I still say he strikes me as someone to at least compare and contrast the two approaches.

Duke is a prestigious private university with a master teacher for a head coach. Kentucky is a mediocre state university with a slime ball used car salesman (albeit really good slime ball used car salesman) for a head coach. You can't compare.

Can't we all agree that they're both pieces of ****? Can we also start talking about Pitino? He's a piece of **** too.

Advertisement
Quickley just went onto Kentucky Sports Radio, Evan Daniels is the fill in host for the day "I think right now Kentucky is definitely the favorite. I think it’s an advantage because I’m getting to know Coach Calipari right now." and again said the plan is to make a decision before this season but still plans to visit each final 4 school soon. I like Miami football so I am on this board often but I am a UK bball fan...seems he is all UK. Not trolling just passing on info since rarely do Miami and UK go after the same BBall player.

You lost me at "I'm a Miami football fan but a Kentucky basketball fan."

Bandwagon? You must have missed the part about being a Miami football fan. Hasn't been anything bandwagon about that for 15 years. You might just be confused about what that word means

Advertisement
Bandwagon? You must have missed the part about being a Miami football fan. Hasn't been anything bandwagon about that for 15 years. You might just be confused about what that word means

You root for an iconic basketball brand and an iconic football brand. This isn't an argument you can win.

Be prepared for random ppl I'll never know to talk shi**? Again welcome to 2017 lmao I'll think I'll survive. Some of the shmucks on this board take themselves so serious.

How the **** can you root for Duke in bball then hate them in football. Dumbest thing ever & I'll never get it.

Advertisement
W

Lmao...bingo.

You lost me at "I'm a Miami football fan but a Kentucky basketball fan."

Can't speak on the Duke thing. I keep an eye on Miami bball and am happy when they good but it's just not the team I have a serious rooting interest in. Same with UK in football. Neither ever play each either...in either sport which makes it easier.

Advertisement
Can't speak on the Duke thing. I keep an eye on Miami bball and am happy when they good but it's just not the team I have a serious rooting interest in. Same with UK in football. Neither ever play each either...in either sport which makes it easier.

Except when they play each other in a sport

Dec. 5, 1998
# 8 Kentucky 74 Miami 65 (Rupp Arena)

Jan. 29, 2000
# 16 Kentucky 60 Miami 57 (Miami Arena)

Dec. 6, 2008
Miami 73 Kentucky 67 (Rupp Arena)

So none in football and 3 out of Kentucky's last 700ish games in the last 20 years.....you're proving my point, its a non issue for me. Don't even understand why this is a topic. Point is.....Quickley seems all UK as of now. I'll continue to share the info heard on the UK side. If you don't like it, then the posts aren't for you.

So none in football and 3 out of Kentucky's last 700ish games in the last 20 years.....you're proving my point, its a non issue for me. Don't even understand why this is a topic. Point is.....Quickley seems all UK as of now. I'll continue to share the info heard on the UK side. If you don't like it, then the posts aren't for you.

Lol its a thing round here that you have to like Miami everything. Nobody else. If you do, you're not a "real" canes fan....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back