2018 5 Star PG Immanuel Quickley's Final 8

Coach L seemed way more sincere than Calipari did in his segment. He came across as totally smug.

Of course, there was only about 5 minutes shown from his in home. But

Advertisement
Coach L seemed way more sincere than Calipari did in his segment. He came across as totally smug.

Of course, there was only about 5 minutes shown from his in home. But

Difference is, Calamari only recruits 5 star 1/done kids, it's all business, which for some is what they want. L is all about the bigger long term play and family.

Off topic I know, but as much as I love L landing one and done talent, I despise one and one. Implement the baseball rule for basketball.

Advertisement
Off topic I know, but as much as I love L landing one and done talent, I despise one and one. Implement the baseball rule for basketball.

I'd like to see the baseball rule in basketball too.

If you needed to stay 3 years, I think L would do even better in recruiting because he knows how to develop talent.

Apparently the NBA/NCAA are rethinking the one and done rule. Adam Silver seemed to be strongly opposed to it.

Advertisement
IQ strikes me more in personality like a Bruce Brown or a Lonnie Walker.

Hopefully that helps us.

Advertisement
Quickley just went onto Kentucky Sports Radio, Evan Daniels is the fill in host for the day "I think right now Kentucky is definitely the favorite. I think it’s an advantage because I’m getting to know Coach Calipari right now." and again said the plan is to make a decision before this season but still plans to visit each final 4 school soon. I like Miami football so I am on this board often but I am a UK bball fan...seems he is all UK. Not trolling just passing on info since rarely do Miami and UK go after the same BBall player.

Quickley just went onto Kentucky Sports Radio, Evan Daniels is the fill in host for the day "I think right now Kentucky is definitely the favorite. I think it’s an advantage because I’m getting to know Coach Calipari right now." and again said the plan is to make a decision before this season but still plans to visit each final 4 school soon. I like Miami football so I am on this board often but I am a UK bball fan...seems he is all UK. Not trolling just passing on info since rarely do Miami and UK go after the same BBall player.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2017/06/28/kentucky-definitely-favorite-2018-immanuel-quickley/

Would definitely be the consensus pick. Still, there's something about IQ that reminds me of Lonnie Walker; so I would not be surprised to see him at UM.

Advertisement

https://www.zagsblog.com/2017/06/28/kentucky-definitely-favorite-2018-immanuel-quickley/

Would definitely be the consensus pick. Still, there's something about IQ that reminds me of Lonnie Walker; so I would not be surprised to see him at UM.

I agree, Cal is all business, L is all about family.

If his priority is to play for free for an NBA minor league team for 1 year and then turn pro, he'll go to Kentucky. If he has some substance and values education (both on the court and in the classroom), like Lonnie Walker, he'll at least consider Miami (FL).

I mean, Kentucky was pretty shocked Lonnie Walker picked Miami over them too. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm sure you guys will have a ridiculous class regardless of what happens with Quickley, but I think most of us Miami fans aren't going to count out Coach L. All of the recent high-level recruits we've gotten, Walker, Lykes, Brown, Huell, and Gak were pursued by bluebloods and supposed to end up somewhere other than Miami.

In general though, Miami basketball recruiting doesn't get much coverage so it's hard to know exactly where we stand for Quickley. It seems like we have a decent chance, but you're probably right in that KY is the safe bet

Advertisement
Back