2/7 Wake Forest @ 7:00 PM (ESPN 2)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Put Whataburger down to receive the inbounds instead of Newton. He can shoot better and is taller....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Ugly win against an atrocious team at home. Had all the makings of a letdown game but some big baskets by Sam, Lonnie and Lykes for our 3rd straight win.

The Good:

- Newton had 16 points off the bench and zero TOs. I will never understand why he gets the ball at the end of the game or is allowed to shoot outside of 5 feet.
- Sam had 12 points and 3 rebounds. Really good pass as well to Lonnie (for the 3).
- Lykes had 13 Points, 5 Assists and 2 Steals. 6-7 from the FTL.
- Lonnie had 19 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Blocks and 3 Rebounds. 6-7 from the FTL.

The Bad:

- Our defense. We allowed WF to score 81. Huell still struggles on D.
- Amp was MIA on offense.
- Newton still gets the ball at the end of the game. This is just stupid. Stop releasing Lonnie on the long pass and give it to him.
- Miller is so slow and still out of shape. He also looks really bad moving to the rim.

Our FT was not bad but not good either. 70.3% on 37 attempts and we hit 5 of our last 6. Our FT shooting has clearly improved since ACC play began.

--------------------

When Brown went down, I thought we would be in good shape if we won 2 of 3. We ended up winning them all and are in 4th place in the ACC. Now we're going on the road to BC. It would be tremendous to be on a 4 game winning streak before we play UVA at home. Just win, baby.

I expect, at a minimum, a 4-3 finish leaving the team 22-8. That would make Larranaga a 20 game winner at Miami in 6 of the 7 years he has been here. What a great hire. I think we will actually win 23 games with an outside shot at 24 games. As far as the game itself, I am kind of ****ed at the fans. There were WAY too many empty seats tonight. Since the season tickets were sold out, that means people not only didn't go to the game but they also didn't give the tickets they had away to someone who could have sat in those seats. I mean come on. If you can't make it, give them to friends or some poor kids or something. Don't let them be empty for TV games especially. The number 25 team in the country doesn't deserve not to play in front of a packed house every game. That is just ridiculous. Oh and if I were anywhere near Miami, and I had a chance to see Lonnie Walker play, I would never miss a game. He may be the best UM player in history.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I expect, at a minimum, a 4-3 finish leaving the team 22-8. That would make Larranaga a 20 game winner at Miami in 6 of the 7 years he has been here. What a great hire. I think we will actually win 23 games with an outside shot at 24 games. As far as the game itself, I am kind of ****ed at the fans. There were WAY too many empty seats tonight. Since the season tickets were sold out, that means people not only didn't go to the game but they also didn't give the tickets they had away to someone who could have sat in those seats. I mean come on. If you can't make it, give them to friends or some poor kids or something. Don't let them be empty for TV games especially. The number 25 team in the country doesn't deserve not to play in front of a packed house every game. That is just ridiculous. Oh and if I were anywhere near Miami, and I had a chance to see Lonnie Walker play, I would never miss a game. He may be the best UM player in history.

they were too busy crying over football recruiting.

Next home game should be electric, even with a 9PM tipoff. UVA will be ranked #1. BC is definitely not a gimme, especially there. Their 2 guards are really good. Robinson had 46 last night.

Rick B. will remain the best player in program history, until someone joins him in the hall of fame. That said, Lonnie is a unique talent, and fans shouldn't take him for granted. For us that suffered through the Clark/Haith years, and stuck with this program, we can't for the life of us understand why people don't support this team. The product is **** good, the Watsco Center is a great place to watch a game, and this team is nationally relevant. It's further proof that the old "Win and they will come" narrative that our fans love to push is complete nonsense. Unless Miami is playing a big name team, in a nationally televised game, fans won't care, nor will they show up.

Rick B. will remain the best player in program history, until someone joins him in the hall of fame. That said, Lonnie is a unique talent, and fans shouldn't take him for granted. For us that suffered through the Clark/Haith years, and stuck with this program, we can't for the life of us understand why people don't support this team. The product is **** good, the Watsco Center is a great place to watch a game, and this team is nationally relevant. It's further proof that the old "Win and they will come" narrative that our fans love to push is complete nonsense. Unless Miami is playing a big name team, in a nationally televised game, fans won't care, nor will they show up.

Yes and it will never change accept it. The good news is for the diehards like us, it is easy to get tickets and for a very affordable price.

Advertisement
Back