2/7 Wake Forest @ 7:00 PM (ESPN 2)

GT lost to Grambling

That is an embarrassing loss for them. Like I said above, I think both the GT and NM state losses where bad.

My point is (and, seriously, I'm done after this) that NMSU will be a 11-12 seed. Not a 15 seed. They're just a conference champ. It's not a horrible loss.

Fine its just a bad loss not embarrassing. Regardless its part of the reason why the stands have not been filled. Which is the only point I was arguing. I am saying that once we start only losing to top teams(and a loss here and there to lower caliber teams) Miamis stands will be filled. I was on campus back when we went to the sweet 16 with Larkin. The beginning of the season we had quite a few hiccups and no one was talking about the basketball team. Right before the duke game we became ranked and there was some murmurs around campus about how we are turning into a basketball school(people where ****ed about the bowl ban and that we lost to VA and UNC). Then we beat Duke shot up the ranks and kids where walking around with Canes jerseys everywhere(those ones with the picture of the Ibis on the back). Everyone on campus was talking about Miami Basketball, Larkin, and Laranaga. Even when we lost to Wake, Duke, and some other awful team no one cared because we where still ranked and about to win the ACC. It just got bigger and bigger until we lost in the sweet 16. My point is if you want fans to fill the stadiums we need to be ranked. If you are a bubble 25 team fans will go, but once your ranked for a couple weeks the stadium will be packed and campus will be talking about the team.

I'm pretty sure the kids who don't go to some of the games, have no idea we lost to NM State

You are right, but they know we are unranked. That is the real issue. If we are ranked they come. Unranked they dont come.

Advertisement
Josh Pastner on thin ice at GT. Doubt he survives this scandal.

If you ever watch the games on ESPN U every half time they play the same video with the coaches talking about this season. Pastners video is literally him saying something along the lines of: we won 8 acc games last year. Thats very good for GT. Im not sure if we will ever win 8 ACC games again" That is when I knew this guy was not going to make it.

My point is (and, seriously, I'm done after this) that NMSU will be a 11-12 seed. Not a 15 seed. They're just a conference champ. It's not a horrible loss.

NMSU will be a popular 12/5 upset pick, because they are a solid team that is extremely experienced, and surprisingly athletic. Then again, when you are having a discussion about college basketball with people who think that merely because a team plays in the WAC losing to them automatically makes it a bad loss, I don't know what to say.

Barry is a flaming douche bag of the highest level.

So are 90% of the people in any sports HOF. Most elite athletes are AWFUL people. Michael Jordan, if he couldn't play basketball would be branded a sociopath. Magic Johnson recklessly cheated on his spouse, until he caught HIV. Ironically enough, it's the guys the media hates that turn out to be the most decent. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is an intelligent, decent person, but because he doesn't kiss the media's *** is seen as aloof.

Also, Middle Tennessee is a good win. They're 18-5, have an RPI of 30, BPI of 44 and are an 11 seed in Lunardi's latest projection. New Mexico State is also an 11 seed.

Advertisement
NMSU will be a popular 12/5 upset pick, because they are a solid team that is extremely experienced, and surprisingly athletic. Then again, when you are having a discussion about college basketball with people who think that merely because a team plays in the WAC losing to them automatically makes it a bad loss, I don't know what to say.

Did you read what I said? I didnt say no team in the WAC could possibly be good. I said that you cant consider them good just because they have a good record. If you stuck GT in the WAC they also would have a great record. NMSU lost to every team with a pulse besides UM.

Advertisement
Back