Bold Prediction 12-0

That's funny coming from Golden's #1 fluffer.

Shannon proven failure as a HC. Anyone still apologizing for this cat has agenda issues.
Golden is "OUR" current HC that has this team poised for a 10+ win season. Forgive me for being a fan and supporting him.
Please continue.

Lol yea, because I'm sure you said the same for Shannon, right?

But go ahead, keep pimping up the guy who has only been marginally better.
I gave Shannon 2 years. I did go on record and said that while I was not on board with the hire I hoped he proves me wrong. unfortunately he didn't.
You don't seem to be on board with the Golden hire, which is fine. Don't know why you wouldn't.. If you were on board with Shannon being hired despite no HC experience and record of success as HC then you should be on board with Golden who has both. And if you gave Shannon leeway then why not Golden? What changed?

He doesn't have to be on board with anything, it's his own opinion. Everyone has one, including you even though most of your opinions suck ***. I am on board with the Al Golden hire but to be quite honest I can totally see why people aren't on board with it as well. He re-built Temple, but depending on how you look at it you could say he underachieved in the latter stretch of his tenure there. The two losses last season against K-State and ND were god awful. He was brought into a bad situation that involved a mediocre roster and an NCAA cloud over the program's head, but NO situation should excuse the two sorry *** performances against K-State and ND. Plus D'Onofrio is shaky as **** at DC, and his defensive line coach can't get a commitment from a defensive lineman outside of fat kids that have "untapped potential".

So it is a two way street. I can see why people are for him and why they aren't totally sold on him yet. I understand both sides of it. The ONLY way to know if this was a good hire or not is to wait until the end of the 2014 season and look back on the results of this upcoming season and the 2014 season. Like I have said in this thread a couple of times now, only time will tell. Things appear to be on the up-swing. Hopefully it proves to be true.

whoa what's up with the personal attack?
I never said anything about Roffles having his opinion. On the contrary I said it was fine. I just wanted to know his reasoning for it. As it doesn't seem to be consistent between coaches.
But no need for the attacks dude. Trying to keep it civil.

Advertisement
That's funny coming from Golden's #1 fluffer.

Shannon proven failure as a HC. Anyone still apologizing for this cat has agenda issues.
Golden is "OUR" current HC that has this team poised for a 10+ win season. Forgive me for being a fan and supporting him.
Please continue.

Lol yea, because I'm sure you said the same for Shannon, right?

But go ahead, keep pimping up the guy who has only been marginally better.
I gave Shannon 2 years. I did go on record and said that while I was not on board with the hire I hoped he proves me wrong. unfortunately he didn't.
You don't seem to be on board with the Golden hire, which is fine. Don't know why you wouldn't.. If you were on board with Shannon being hired despite no HC experience and record of success as HC then you should be on board with Golden who has both. And if you gave Shannon leeway then why not Golden? What changed?

He doesn't have to be on board with anything, it's his own opinion. Everyone has one, including you even though most of your opinions suck ***. I am on board with the Al Golden hire but to be quite honest I can totally see why people aren't on board with it as well. He re-built Temple, but depending on how you look at it you could say he underachieved in the latter stretch of his tenure there. The two losses last season against K-State and ND were god awful. He was brought into a bad situation that involved a mediocre roster and an NCAA cloud over the program's head, but NO situation should excuse the two sorry *** performances against K-State and ND. Plus D'Onofrio is shaky as **** at DC, and his defensive line coach can't get a commitment from a defensive lineman outside of fat kids that have "untapped potential".

So it is a two way street. I can see why people are for him and why they aren't totally sold on him yet. I understand both sides of it. The ONLY way to know if this was a good hire or not is to wait until the end of the 2014 season and look back on the results of this upcoming season and the 2014 season. Like I have said in this thread a couple of times now, only time will tell. Things appear to be on the up-swing. Hopefully it proves to be true.

If I'm being perfectly honest, the first words out of my mouth when I saw Golden was hired was "who?". I like Shannon and thought he deserved one more year, but the guy failed in his time here plain and simple. Golden has done a lot more good than bad while being here under some REALLY ****** conditions. People will always nit pick. DT has been a low point but at least we have guys on the roster. Shannon had years when guys had to go from RB to CB out of necessity. Golden is organized, well spoken, and is accessible to the fans and media, which is the bottom basics of being a head coach. People who want to nit pick Golden and down play his accomplishments have an agenda, or need to find another hobby.

u guys are tripping. Randy is a DC....thats it, in all his years here he never had a defense as bad as D'no had last season. The worst we finished under Randy was #35 in 2007 at 5-7 and we remember how bad that team was. 2 players drafted or something like that. Golden is standing by No'D which is puzzling but give him the benefit of the doubt i think for now.

On the other hand randy was a terrible head coach, he was not a CEO, didnt delegate well nor did he hire the right people. And even tho he hated Shapiro he obviously wasnt in control when we see how many players were breaking the rules. He also fell off the cliff recruiting and there was always one or two positions with glaring holes going into the season...something we dont see under Golden. We have good numbers everywhere we just need players to step up and become difference makers now. Inside the U had a article where only 5 scrub defensive players left from our defensive class of 15 from 2010 from Shannon's last class. That is crazy.
In saying that Golden will have to own this soon enough, this is his third year and after year 3 its his team. with 3 1/2 recruiting classes, sanctions and all. Its yours now.

I could see us going 12-0, we dont need to become Bama great on defense...the most important thing will be to get TOs....we did a decent job last season and if we keep improving we could have a team like OK St had 2 years ago. magnificent offense and opportunistic defense and they went 12-1 i think. We could do it.

u guys are tripping. Randy is a DC....thats it

Who can't get a DC gig?

Its funny because when RS was the HC what was his best defense in terms of scoring?

Not sure why people bring him up anymore his tenure is done and we moved on.

Who can't get a DC gig?

Its funny because when RS was the HC what was his best defense in terms of scoring?

I hate when people do that. he was a bad.....no terrible head coach. That doesnt mean u go back and say the guy wasnt a good DC, he was a good DC plain and simple. Before he became the HC we had great defenses. Anyone says otherwise is being childish and picky.

Advertisement
WELL THEN I GUESS IT'S A GOOD THING RANDY SHANNON IS "FAMILY", I'D HATE TO SEE HOW SOME OF YOU SUNDAY MORNING = HEAD COACH = COUCH MASTERS TREAT STRANGERS.... :ohlord:

Last edited:
u guys are tripping. Randy is a DC....thats it, in all his years here he never had a defense as bad as D'no had last season. The worst we finished under Randy was #35 in 2007 at 5-7 and we remember how bad that team was. 2 players drafted or something like that. Golden is standing by No'D which is puzzling but give him the benefit of the doubt i think for now.

On the other hand randy was a terrible head coach, he was not a CEO, didnt delegate well nor did he hire the right people. And even tho he hated Shapiro he obviously wasnt in control when we see how many players were breaking the rules. He also fell off the cliff recruiting and there was always one or two positions with glaring holes going into the season...something we dont see under Golden. We have good numbers everywhere we just need players to step up and become difference makers now. Inside the U had a article where only 5 scrub defensive players left from our defensive class of 15 from 2010 from Shannon's last class. That is crazy.
In saying that Golden will have to own this soon enough, this is his third year and after year 3 its his team. with 3 1/2 recruiting classes, sanctions and all. Its yours now.

I could see us going 12-0, we dont need to become Bama great on defense...the most important thing will be to get TOs....we did a decent job last season and if we keep improving we could have a team like OK St had 2 years ago. magnificent offense and opportunistic defense and they went 12-1 i think. We could do it.

Didn't last year's team just have one guy drafted and they went 7-5?

A couple of things factor in to why our defense was so horrific last year. 1.) Obviously inexperience. We were playing a lot of sophomore's and freshman, and even the junior's we were playing hadn't been on the field much in their careers. 2.) D'Onofrio's/Golden's defensive scheme is tough to figure out and play within, for anyone. But for guys who have taken minimal snaps in college football? It turns into what we had last season. 3.) Our roster sucked *** last season on the defensive side of the ball. The freshman and sophomore's we had playing were brought in by Golden. A team full of freshman and sophomore's isn't going to lead you places in college football-especially defensively- as a matter of fact it's quite opposite. We had to play a bunch of young guys because we had no choice. Our senior class was historically bad both talent wise and depth wise (wasn't there like 5 seniors on the team?) and our junior class isn't much better if you exclude Allen Hurns, Stephen Morris, Brandon Linder, and Curtis Porter. So out of four good seniors on the roster, only one plays defense. So last year we had one good defensive player that was an upperclassmen, and he was hurt almost the entire season.

So to simplify it, last season just a perfect storm coming together and kicking our defense in the ***. It all starts with having a poor assembled roster. Last season our junior and senior classes were horrible, which is a direct result of terrible recruiting by Randy Shannon. That forced Golden and D'Onofrio to play all of the young guys they brought in their first two seasons which turned out terribly because from everything I read and hear you can't expect freshman and sophomore's to pick up that scheme. Certain guys can like Deon Bush, but he is the rare exception. We can't put together a defense full of guys like Deon Bush. Most freshman need time to develop physically and mentally when they get to college before they can consistently contribute positively on the football field. They should have made variations to the scheme to help the younger guys adjust better, and the roster was pure *** because of Randy's inability to land highly ranked guys, so then he turned his focus to "hidden gems" from the god knows where and got them to come to Miami, and then we have the this senior class, and last year's senior class.

Who can't get a DC gig?

I hate when people do that. he was a bad.....no terrible head coach. That doesnt mean u go back and say the guy wasnt a good DC, he was a good DC plain and simple. Before he became the HC we had great defenses. Anyone says otherwise is being childish and picky.

Right, he had success here as a DC and now he can't get a DC gig. Did he want to coach LBs at Arkansas or any of the other short stops but was offered BCS DC gigs? If he did, good for him.

I find it funny that you did not answer my question in Bold.

I am done with RS, you brought him up and I responded.

I remember Ray Lewis being on the sideline for a game.
He walked off early on calling the team "pussies".
Pretty much summarized the Shannon era teams I thought.

I also remember the story about our last championship team which pretty much summarized their commitment to winning. The story was that some players were told by their peers to not come on the field no matter what the coaches told them or else. They played for each other and didn't need to be told how to perform in order to win.

I think this team is starting to get it.

Things are getting much better.
GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement

Didn't last year's team just have one guy drafted and they went 7-5?

A couple of things factor in to why our defense was so horrific last year. 1.) Obviously inexperience. We were playing a lot of sophomore's and freshman, and even the junior's we were playing hadn't been on the field much in their careers. 2.) D'Onofrio's/Golden's defensive scheme is tough to figure out and play within, for anyone. But for guys who have taken minimal snaps in college football? It turns into what we had last season. 3.) Our roster sucked *** last season on the defensive side of the ball. The freshman and sophomore's we had playing were brought in by Golden. A team full of freshman and sophomore's isn't going to lead you places in college football-especially defensively- as a matter of fact it's quite opposite. We had to play a bunch of young guys because we had no choice. Our senior class was historically bad both talent wise and depth wise (wasn't there like 5 seniors on the team?) and our junior class isn't much better if you exclude Allen Hurns, Stephen Morris, Brandon Linder, and Curtis Porter. So out of four good seniors on the roster, only one plays defense. So last year we had one good defensive player that was an upperclassmen, and he was hurt almost the entire season.

So to simplify it, last season just a perfect storm coming together and kicking our defense in the ***. It all starts with having a poor assembled roster. Last season our junior and senior classes were horrible, which is a direct result of terrible recruiting by Randy Shannon. That forced Golden and D'Onofrio to play all of the young guys they brought in their first two seasons which turned out terribly because from everything I read and hear you can't expect freshman and sophomore's to pick up that scheme. Certain guys can like Deon Bush, but he is the rare exception. We can't put together a defense full of guys like Deon Bush. Most freshman need time to develop physically and mentally when they get to college before they can consistently contribute positively on the football field. They should have made variations to the scheme to help the younger guys adjust better, and the roster was pure *** because of Randy's inability to land highly ranked guys, so then he turned his focus to "hidden gems" from the god knows where and got them to come to Miami, and then we have the this senior class, and last year's senior class.

I wont get into a back and forth about Shannon and Golden. The fact is people who hated Shannon and love Golden or vica versa simply refuse to acknowlege any right the other person has done. i dont care how that defense got that way. Thats the worse defense i have ever seen in my lifetime and Golden and crew coached it. Is that me saying Shannon was a good head coach....absolutely not....but when he was the head coach we never had a D that bad.....and we had some bad games under him. But never over a period of a season giving up that much yardage and points and not creating any pressure at all, all at the same time. There was not one single to thing we could hang our hats on and said we did that good. Name any category on D and we were in the 100s. Debate it, look it up, whatever. Never happened under Shannon......and thats bad, because he was a horrible head coach.

I think Golden is doing a great job! but im not gonna just sit there and give him credit for all the good things and blame all the bad on someone else. There is bad defense and there is what we had....which is indescribable

Last edited:
How the defense got that way is a big part in why the defense was the way it was. Ignoring how the roster turned into **** and blaming it on the people that had no attachment in creating that roster is retarded and unfair. If your friend ***** on your floor and then leaves without you knowing he **** on the floor, and then your mom finds it and blames it on you the next morning, is that fair? No, because you didn't **** on the ******* floor. Golden didn't assemble the god awful senior class he was given last year, therefore he shouldn't be blamed for it.

In my post I didn't just blame Shannon. A large part of the problem is because Shannon was a poor recruiter and bad at evaluating talent, but I also acknowledged that Golden/D'Onofrio's defensive scheme was not beneficial at all to the underclassmen on the field.

Last edited:
We're either going to beat the living daylights out of UF or they're going to win a nailbiter.

I don't see them pounding us on our field.

FSU couldn't even do it and that was with a team full of freshmen.

Advertisement
we may talk alot of **** to eachother. but were all one big family here at canesinsight.com. we all love the U

were going 12-0 :neonu::stormwarning:

31-21 vs duke? Duke who just lost Conner Vernon and Sean renfree? child please we beat the by 40 at least

Shannon was a great DC. That's why he was snapped up the moment he was available........oh, wait.

Seriously, if he was that good, why wouldn't some have hired him post-haste?

Advertisement
...the roster was pure *** because of Randy's inability to land highly ranked guys, so then he turned his focus to "hidden gems" from the god knows where and got them to come to Miami, and then we have the this senior class, and last year's senior class.

It sounds like you're describing Al Golden's recruiting.

Advertisement
Back