Bold Prediction 12-0

So you think that USF team should have even been in a position to win on the last play of a game against the vaunted '08 Miami Northwestern recruiting class? A USF team that had their back up QB playing btw.

You mean like the same USF team that Golden needed a last second FG to beat?

On the road. He also whipped their asses last year at home. Randy lost to them at home.

Oh well that changes everything. I forgot how much a powerhouse That 5-7 USF team was that year.

I forgot how much of a powerhouse our 6-6 team was that was assembled by Randy.

Because Golden did so much better with practically the same team. What's really pathetic is, that you go on and on about how terrible Shannon is, but he is the only coach you're willing to compare Golden to. Because if you compare him to you know, successful coaches, he looks like ****. But as long as he's marginally better than Shannon....HE JUST GETS IT!!!

Advertisement
Lol @ us not quitting against ND. They threw in that white guy at RB, who is a CB for them btw, just trying to run out the clock, and that dude marched right down the field and scored a TD.

When players on one team publicly say the other team quit, you can bet your *** they quit. It's the ultimate insult.

On another hand I think that woke up a lot of our young players and took their game up a notch as the season wore along.

oh well this thread went to ****.. Thanks coma Randy apologists.
That's funny coming from Golden's #1 fluffer.

Shannon proven failure as a HC. Anyone still apologizing for this cat has agenda issues.
Golden is "OUR" current HC that has this team poised for a 10+ win season. Forgive me for being a fan and supporting him.
Please continue.

So a team that loses on the last play of a game is quitting, but a team that gets blown out for 4 quarters just had a bad day. Got it.

So you think that USF team should have even been in a position to win on the last play of a game against the vaunted '08 Miami Northwestern recruiting class? A USF team that had their back up QB playing btw.

Your argument is ivalid.

8-5 USF team>>>>>>>>5-7 USF team

And we were 6-6 and 7-5. We won, your argument is invalid.

Advertisement

On the road. He also whipped their asses last year at home. Randy lost to them at home.

Oh well that changes everything. I forgot how much a powerhouse That 5-7 USF team was that year.

I forgot how much of a powerhouse our 6-6 team was that was assembled by Randy.

Because Golden did so much better with practically the same team. What's really pathetic is, that you go on and on about how terrible Shannon is, but he is the only coach you're willing to compare Golden to. Because if you compare him to you know, successful coaches, he looks like ****. But as long as he's marginally better than Shannon....HE JUST GETS IT!!!

and you are trying to squash Golden's nuts after he has coached 2 seasons with a miserable roster that was put together by Randy, and an NCAA cloud over the program's head. We had what, 21-22 freshman get playing time last season? That proves how much of a joke the roster was that Randy was putting together. Attacking Golden at this point when he has had **** to work with is dumb, which is what so many people are doing. This is a 4 year re-build. If he messes this team up, then he has to be on the hot seat. If the 2014 team isn't any good either, then he has to go. Only time will tell.

Your argument is ivalid.

8-5 USF team>>>>>>>>5-7 USF team

And we were 6-6 and 7-5. We won, your argument is invalid.

Big difference there chief. You must feel real good about yourself.

Shannon proven failure as a HC. Anyone still apologizing for this cat has agenda issues.
Golden is "OUR" current HC that has this team poised for a 10+ win season. Forgive me for being a fan and supporting him.
Please continue.

Lol yea, because I'm sure you said the same for Shannon, right?

But go ahead, keep pimping up the guy who has only been marginally better.

Advertisement

Please continue.

2 years into Shannon's turn as HC he had the team on the brink of getting back. As a matter of fact, in his third year the team got into the top 25 after the great start they had, then we were pre-season 13th IIRC going into 2010. Shannon had the program on the upswing. He screwed the pooch with that 2010 team, plus his recruiting after in 2009 was awful, as was his 2011 class which had what, 5 commits before he was fired?

Golden is pretty much in the EXACT same spot Shannon was in heading into his 3rd season. Just outside the top 25 with a lot of promise and potential for the next couple of seasons. Like Shannon, if Golden wins his first big game of this upcoming season(Shannon beat FSU and G-Tech to crack the top 25, we just have to beat UF.) then we will be in the top 25. The two were in almost identical situations heading into their 3rd year with some in regards to where the program is/was heading. Shannon let the positive momentum slip out of his fingers, will Golden repeat the same as Shannon, or will he capitalize on the good hype surrounding the moment right now despite the NCAA? Time will tell, it always does.

I like where we are as a program right now. Did I like Shannon after year 2? I was 50/50 on him. After 2009 I was feeling pretty good about the program, and while I didn't necessarily liked everything Randy was doing, he had put us on the up and up. But in 2010 he ****ed up royally. Hopefully Golden's story as Miami HC turns out better.

Miami is better on paper than 10 of 12 opponents.

10 wins should be expected.

I have us at 10-4, with an ACCG loss to Clemson and a bowl win. 9-3 regular season. We split with FSU/UF and then drop two ACC games. Being better on paper means almost nothing. Florida lost to Ole Miss, Michigan to Appalachian State, Miami to BYU, the list goes on and on and on. We WILL drop 1-2 games this year that makes us say WTF. It happens. We aren't Alabama or LSU yet. Hopefully we get there, but we obviously aren't right now.

Please continue.

2 years into Shannon's turn as HC he had the team on the brink of getting back. As a matter of fact, in his third year the team got into the top 25 after the great start they had, then we were pre-season 13th IIRC going into 2010. Shannon had the program on the upswing. He screwed the pooch with that 2010 team, plus his recruiting after in 2009 was awful, as was his 2011 class which had what, 5 commits before he was fired?

Golden is pretty much in the EXACT same spot Shannon was in heading into his 3rd season. Just outside the top 25 with a lot of promise and potential for the next couple of seasons. Like Shannon, if Golden wins his first big game of this upcoming season(Shannon beat FSU and G-Tech to crack the top 25, we just have to beat UF.) then we will be in the top 25. The two were in almost identical situations heading into their 3rd year with some in regards to where the program is/was heading. Shannon let the positive momentum slip out of his fingers, will Golden repeat the same as Shannon, or will he capitalize on the good hype surrounding the moment right now despite the NCAA? Time will tell, it always does.

I like where we are as a program right now. Did I like Shannon after year 2? I was 50/50 on him. After 2009 I was feeling pretty good about the program, and while I didn't necessarily liked everything Randy was doing, he had put us on the up and up. But in 2010 he ****ed up royally. Hopefully Golden's story as Miami HC turns out better.

I'm not talking about you in that post. I'm referring directly to CA. Because I know he's full of **** and never gave Shannon any type of leeway like the slobbering he does over Golden.

Im not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to step up big this year. If he fails to win 10 games, it's because he's a garbage coach. Not because any of the excuses people wanna make for him.

Advertisement

I have us at 10-4, with an ACCG loss to Clemson and a bowl win. 9-3 regular season. We split with FSU/UF and then drop two ACC games. Being better on paper means almost nothing. Florida lost to Ole Miss, Michigan to Appalachian State, Miami to BYU, the list goes on and on and on. We WILL drop 1-2 games this year that makes us say WTF. It happens. We aren't Alabama or LSU yet. Hopefully we get there, but we obviously aren't right now.

Expectations and reality are two different things.

Going into every game aside from FSU/UF I will expect Miami to win. Whether it happens.. Well, that's why they play the game. 9-10 is about right. Anything less than 9 and I'm pretty disappointed.. This of course includes a potential ACCCG appearance and a bowl game.

Please continue.

I'm not talking about you in that post. I'm referring directly to CA. Because I know he's full of **** and never gave Shannon any type of leeway like the slobbering he does over Golden.

Im not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to step up big this year. If he fails to win 10 games, it's because he's a garbage coach. Not because any of the excuses people wanna make for him.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that he needs to step up big this year. Where you got the 10 wins though? 10 regular season wins or 10 wins overall? I feel 10 wins overall (10-4) is acceptable for next season. This season will tell us a lot, record aside. How we play against FSU and UF will go a long way in my judgment of Golden as a coach. I will say this for Golden, he gets the guys ready to go for FSU. We have given them a competitive game the past two years despite being out manned across the board. But the two games last year against ND and K-State were embarrassing-however, I am of the belief that the coaches planned well against Notre Dame, those two Dorsett drops in the endzone to start the game, plus the BS holding call bring back the Morris TD run just deflated all confidence we had going into the game- regardless, the K-State game was pathetic, as was ND no matter how you shake it.

If we beat Florida the program will be on the brink of doing huge things. But with that said, if we can perform really well against Florida but wind up losing in a tight game, I will let Golden and the coaches slide on that one.

Expectations and reality are two different things.

Going into every game aside from FSU/UF I will expect Miami to win. Whether it happens.. Well, that's why they play the game. 9-10 is about right. Anything less than 9 and I'm pretty disappointed.. This of course includes a potential ACCCG appearance and a bowl game.

If we get less than 9 wins next season plant his *** on the mega hot seat.

Advertisement

Please continue.

Actually yeah, I do feel pretty good about a 6-3 victory on the road in Golden's first year, over a team mailing it in against USF and a backup QB. I was at that game in tampa, and that was a god**** bar fight of a game. I haven't seen a game like that where a both teams were punching each other in the gut and both teams coming back from UM in ten years. If you want to turn your nose up against a win like that because it doesn't suit some agenda you have against our current coach, then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
Fri, Aug 30 vs Florida Atl Win 45 -17
Sat, Sept 7 vs Florida Lose 38 - 17
Sat, Sept 21 vs Savannah St Win 45 - 10
Sat, Sept 28 @ South Florida Win 36 - 30
Sat, Oct 5 vs Georgia Tech Win 42 - 40 Lose in OT
Thu, Oct 17 @ North Carolina Win 38 - 37
Sat, Oct 26 vs Wake Forest Win 28 - 18
Sat, Nov 2 @ Florida St Win 26 - 23
Sat, Nov 9 vs Virginia Tech Win 35 - 21
Sat, Nov 16 @ Duke Win 48 - 14
Sat, Nov 23 vs Virginia Win 48 - 13
Fri, Nov 29 @ Pittsburgh Win 35 - 14

we will not lose to GT

They played pretty well in their Bowl Game. Also, I think Shannon's players were better suited for playing option teams like GT. I don't think this 3-4, 4-3 hybrid we're moving toward is quite as good against that offense.

Please continue.

I gave Shannon 2 years. I did go on record and said that while I was not on board with the hire I hoped he proves me wrong. unfortunately he didn't.
You don't seem to be on board with the Golden hire, which is fine. Don't know why you wouldn't.. If you were on board with Shannon being hired despite no HC experience and record of success as HC then you should be on board with Golden who has both. And if you gave Shannon leeway then why not Golden? What changed?

Please continue.

I gave Shannon 2 years. I did go on record and said that while I was not on board with the hire I hoped he proves me wrong. unfortunately he didn't.
You don't seem to be on board with the Golden hire, which is fine. Don't know why you wouldn't.. If you were on board with Shannon being hired despite no HC experience and record of success as HC then you should be on board with Golden who has both. And if you gave Shannon leeway then why not Golden? What changed?

He doesn't have to be on board with anything, it's his own opinion. Everyone has one, including you even though most of your opinions suck ***. I am on board with the Al Golden hire but to be quite honest I can totally see why people aren't on board with it as well. He re-built Temple, but depending on how you look at it you could say he underachieved in the latter stretch of his tenure there. The two losses last season against K-State and ND were god awful. He was brought into a bad situation that involved a mediocre roster and an NCAA cloud over the program's head, but NO situation should excuse the two sorry *** performances against K-State and ND. Plus D'Onofrio is shaky as **** at DC, and his defensive line coach can't get a commitment from a defensive lineman outside of fat kids that have "untapped potential".

So it is a two way street. I can see why people are for him and why they aren't totally sold on him yet. I understand both sides of it. The ONLY way to know if this was a good hire or not is to wait until the end of the 2014 season and look back on the results of this upcoming season and the 2014 season. Like I have said in this thread a couple of times now, only time will tell. Things appear to be on the up-swing. Hopefully it proves to be true.

Advertisement
Back