Would you change the OL lineup?

Reyrey

Sophomore
With Rivers set to make his return, would you prefer to switch up the Oline, or put back Rivers in place of Bell and call it a day?

I think there’s a few options considering both Rivers and FM could play guard.

I’ve seen a few suggestions of keeping bell at T and rivers at guard or even moving Bell to RT and FM to LG with Rivers back to LT. That would assume moving McCoy out of the rotation.

I think I would prefer to have Rivers and FM blocking cams blind side.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can’t remember MCCoy giving up a sack. Bell has several times and taken points off board multiple times. It’s an easy choice and the one that will be made. Replace Rivers with Bell and call it a day. Now if McCoy or Cooper get hurt, you could move Rivers to guard and put McCoy back in

Advertisement
LT-Rivers
LG-Bell
C-Carpenter
RG-Coop
RT-Mauigoa

No idea if bell can actually play guard but would have to think he could really move ppl in the run game from the interior

As D Money and Pete have been alluding to- Bell will still get snaps- but Rivers is getting his starting LT spot back. I think we will just have Bell come in as a 6th lineman on a handful of plays every game going forward.

EDIT: TO correct from RT to LT

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Because typically they operate in a 5 -10 yard window. Lineman aren't running 20-30 yards down field every play.
I think it is a fair question but I think the answer is more related to communication and moving as a unit instead of 5 individual players. It is hard to plug new guys in the OL during the middle of the series.

I am sure they get tired just like the DL. It is very very common now in CFB to essentially be 2 deep across the DL and have a ton of subs. The DL also operate in the same 5-10 yard window as the OL but get subbed out constantly to keep them fresh, yet Mario and Mirabel (and CFB) seem to rarely ever sub out just one or two guys. That starting 5 is stuck.

the Rivers at LT, McCoy, Carpenter, Coop and Mauigoa line is it, and frankly one of the better lines in the sport.

I’m not going to disparage Bell, but The line is going to flow better, there’s going to be less pressures, Cam will have cleaner pockets and no temptation to leave one of the TEs on the left side to help on specific passing downs when we’d prefer not to.

I’m stoked to have him back. It’s a big deal for our offense.

Oh my ******* god, we're doing this again. We are actually doing this again.

RIVERS IS AN ALL-ACC CONFERENCE LT. DON'T MOVE HIM ANYWHERE ELSE. PUT HIM IN AT LT AND KEEP MCCOY IN. STOP SHIFTING POSITIONS AROUND AS IF IT WAS A GAME OF ******* CHESS.

GOODNESS ******* GRACIOUS...

a trip to the moon futurama GIF

Advertisement
Back