Week 6 Rankings - AP #17, Coaches #17

Advertisement
Colorado being ahead of Miami is complete horse s***. Going to double overtime with a team that was 3-9 last year, at home.

These polls are meaningless and an absolute popularity contest at best.

Peeon will Pee on himself in short order and blame everyone & everything else for him smelling like his own urine.

Dj Khaled GIF by 2022 MTV Video Music Awards

Boom Pound It GIF by TipsyElves.com

Not a fair comparison of what we did against teams from last yr vs. what we're doing this yr; teams lose their best players to the draft or the portal (so they are not the same). Yes, we have looked good, so far. But who you are competing against does matter. Execution can look great against inferior coaching and talent, then you start feeling yourself and get punched in the mouth. Now you disappointed cuz you thought you were better than you really are. After 20 yrs, I'm just enjoying the ride and hoping for the best. We're trending up but I wouldn't say we belong until we get into the meat and bones of the schedule.

we have executed well as any team in the nation. The only reason u man are saying this stuff is because of the past. That simple. The opponent, does matter, i did say that but its not the only thing. And if we wanna talk about opponent, one of our opponents has the 5th best odds to win the SEC up till thursday of last week and probably went up. Why would i watch Bama and Tennessee and say yup them better than Miami? Nothing but recent history.

Advertisement
I believe the reality is the polls are just tools of the networks to garner more eyes on the product than anything. Why do bad SEC, SEC, SEC teams get the benefit of the doubt or there's a massive overreaction to a run-of-the-mill win? Ratings! Why can the media not get enough of a bottom-dwelling CU team with a really famous, outspoken head coach? Ratings! The higher the teams that can be promoted, the better the ratings.

As it relates to preseason polls and early-season polls, I wouldn't say that they "don't matter". I look at it like a Nascar or F1 race...the closer to the front you are, the less traffic you have to navigate. There a plenty of examples of non-ranked teams having a magical season and ending up amongst the elites, but a lot of things have to happen in front of them and it's not a certainty that they will still get the reward they deserve.

Sorry for the long post.

we have executed well as any team in the nation. The only reason u man are saying this stuff is because of the past. That simple. The opponent, does matter, i did say that but its not the only thing. And if we wanna talk about opponent, one of our opponents has the 5th best odds to win the SEC up till thursday of last week and probably went up. Why would i watch Bama and Tennessee and say yup them better than Miami? Nothing but recent history

we have executed well as any team in the nation. The only reason u man are saying this stuff is because of the past. That simple. The opponent, does matter, i did say that but its not the only thing. And if we wanna talk about opponent, one of our opponents has the 5th best odds to win the SEC up till thursday of last week and probably went up. Why would i watch Bama and Tennessee and say yup them better than Miami? Nothing but recent history.
I'm making my stance based on we haven't played but 3 games and 2 were heavily overmatched. You're judging Ta&m on odds; whose odds, Vegas? We have done what we should have this far, that's expected when you have the better coaching and/or talent. If you want to crown us, go right ahead, imma let it play out and see where it takes us. Way too early to worry about polls and rankings

I believe the reality is the polls are just tools of the networks to garner more eyes on the product than anything. Why do bad SEC, SEC, SEC teams get the benefit of the doubt or there's a massive overreaction to a run-of-the-mill win? Ratings! Why can the media not get enough of a bottom-dwelling CU team with a really famous, outspoken head coach? Ratings! The higher the teams that can be promoted, the better the ratings.

As it relates to preseason polls and early-season polls, I wouldn't say that they "don't matter". I look at it like a Nascar or F1 race...the closer to the front you are, the less traffic you have to navigate. There a plenty of examples of non-ranked teams having a magical season and ending up amongst the elites, but a lot of things have to happen in front of them and it's not a certainty that they will still get the reward they deserve.

Sorry for the long post.
I thought nascar and F1 use qualifying times to determine where you start. What was our qualifier for a better start(ranking)?

If we keep improving every week at all levels and get healthy. Along the way we can develop the youngsters and that will help in the long run. Guys we win against UNC, things get interesting. We beat Clemson the media will absolutely put us in the Top 10 for the FSU matchup for a ratings grab and most likely a game day visit. Mario I believe will keep them grounded and grinding. Everything is in front of us one game at a time.
There are a ton of top 25 match ups over the next 4 weeks. By the time we play UNC we may both be in the top 10. Definitely top 15... if neither team has a loss.

Advertisement

Sorry for the long post.
When the bcs committee puts out their poll, that's all that will matter. If you get caught up on these early polls and feel disrespected, you don't understand how the game is played. Let's prove our worth one game at a time, it will be so sweet in the end. We want to taste success so bad that we glorify wins over fake Miami and bcu. The standard at UM is higher than that but the fan base wants to lower the bar so we can feel good about team. Patience is paramount. Enjoy the ride and wherever it takes us.

I'm making my stance based on we haven't played but 3 games and 2 were heavily overmatched. You're judging Ta&m on odds; whose odds, Vegas? We have done what we should have this far, that's expected when you have the better coaching and/or talent. If you want to crown us, go right ahead, imma let it play out and see where it takes us. Way too early to worry about polls and rankings
I aint crowning nothing. I watched every team after 3 weeks and judge what i seen from every single one without worry about last season. Simple.

Advertisement
So you're saying
I aint crowning nothing. I watched every team after 3 weeks and judge what i seen from every single one without worry about last season. Simple.
So you're saying that after 3 games you know is good, who is bad and so on. Wow, you're good; you probably can make a lot of money if you know what you're talking about

So you're saying

So you're saying that after 3 games you know is good, who is bad and so on. Wow, you're good; you probably can make a lot of money if you know what you're talking about
I know who has performed better than who in 3 games. Thats not a very difficult concept to understand.

Based on what I saw we are at least 5 spots lower than deserved based on actual results on field especially with Miami oh beating cincy.

not slurping or moping. Eye test.
Good eyes! You should those voters with Bama, LSU, & TN in the top 10 barrow yours. I don't know what the heck they are watching.

Advertisement
Yes, no one is proven anything to this point. I need another 2-3 weeks to evaluate just like the bcs committee

I tried putting a top 5 and I really have no idea how good some of these teams are. Week 4 and on should answer some of my questions with FSU vs Clemson and Norte Dame vs Ohio State.

True but the narrative at ESPN last night was FSU showed championship mettle going into a hostile environment and earned a tough road win against an emotionally charged opponent (watching that game none of that is true). FSU looked like a top 15/20 team not a top 5 team and the score doesn’t tell that story.
But we want FSU, UNC, & Clemson to stay ranked as high as they can until we get them. its called a quality win.

Advertisement
Back