VT at CANES 3PM Bally Sports

Advertisement
Downvote me all you want, Coach L teams are still the worst at closing basketball games I’ve ever seen
No one here will mistake me for a Larranaga apologist, but when this team struggles to close out games it's because our veteran guards think they know more than the coach and resort to playing hero ball in the waning seconds. I'll put Larranaga in the final minute of a game against any college coach in America.

Advertisement
Miller is not a good defender at all. Easy to blow by his matador defense.

McGusty misses his one and one, Charlie misses a FT and that was all she wrote.

Advertisement
This game would have all but sealed a double bye and a tourney bid. Now we're going to have win on the road and possibly in the ACCT to get in.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20220226-172047_Twitter.webp

Already starting...

Also, we lost by 1. The refs gave them one point they never should have had in the first half because you cannot simulate a FT motion in college basketball (when we got the lane violation).

How does such an old team execute so badly? Ignoring all the more obvious ***** ups for a second, I can’t help but think of the possession with about 1:30 to play that we wasted with Moore playing 30 seconds of iso ball. We could have put them away there (and about 6 other times).
A team that is fundamentally poor with bad coaching?

Advertisement
Watch VT get in over us with a much worse record and worse ACC record, but a NET 20 points higher.

Advertisement
Back