VT at CANES 3PM Bally Sports

How does such an old team execute so badly? Ignoring all the more obvious ***** ups for a second, I can’t help but think of the possession with about 1:30 to play that we wasted with Moore playing 30 seconds of iso ball. We could have put them away there (and about 6 other times).
This. You just can't make that many consecutive errors down the stretch. Even the best most veteran teams can't overcome that.

Advertisement
I watched the last 5 minutes. Miami was up 2 possessions with under a minute to go. MAKE A **** FT. Miami connects on a couple of FTs, and this game is completely different. Players make plays down the stretch and you should be able to rely on senior leaders to step up and make free throws, AT HOME. Period. I know that a lot of our fans jerk themselves off on the thought of running coaches out of town, but I'm not blaming L for this one. He can't shoot FTs for them.
Players MISS free throws all the time, it happens. It's the reason why March madness is madness. Team doesn't covert free throws leaves door open other team hits game winning shot.

We looked terribly unprepared to even inbound a ball. Our last possession was ugly.

You can't just give L a pass. Well I guess you can because you make excuse after excuse.

Players MISS free throws all the time, it happens. It's the reason why March madness is madness. Team doesn't covert free throws leaves door open other team hits game winning shot.

We looked terribly unprepared to even inbound a ball. Our last possession was ugly.

You can't just give L a pass. Well I guess you can because you make excuse after excuse.
I was at the game (my one and only game this year w the kids). 10 people around me were screaming for a time out when it was clear the inbound was going to end in disaster. You had 2 left and you force that ****. Still stunned and ****ed.

I'm still having trouble processing what I saw yesterday. As long as I live. I'll never forget that complete meltdown. It was one of the most improbable comebacks I've ever seen. So many things had to go VT's way for them to win and every single thing went their way and they pulled it off. Good for them. Bad for us. I guess the silver lining has to be, the team can learn from this and be better prepared for that moment come tournament time. Next!!

I’ve watched the inbound several times, and McGusty definitely should’ve called TO, but that was the most pathetic design for an inbound pass(out of a time out) when you know they are selling out to get the steal right there. No screen. Nobody moved off of their spot at any speed other than “half assed”. Just pathetic all around. Again, McGusty should’ve called TO, and I’m sure he was made aware of that in the huddle during the previous TO. But the design(or lack there of) was pure dog ****. And that’s 100% on the coaching staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back