VT at CANES 3PM Bally Sports

Advertisement
And of course now miami is gna have to sweat out every game the rest of the way to get into the tournament

Advertisement
We just completely destroyed the logic of “win probability” with that loss. Completely mind blowing.

Probably need at least 2 more wins to dance now
This program needed 2-3 more wins to go dancing BEFORE TODAY. That isn't anything new. Miami has to beat BC, and I'd prefer a win over Syracuse. Get those two, and you are in before the ACC Tournament. You don't want a one game tournament to decide your fate with the committee.

Miami had this game won, and they blew it because the seniors didn't do what they have done all year, pull out close games. That said, there's a lot remaining for this team, and if they do their jobs in the next week, then we won't remember this frustrating loss.

Fire Larranaga
Yep, a competent AD is going to fire a guy who took a team picked to finish in the bottom 4 of the conference and led them to a top 5 finish. Brilliant logic there. Yep, a guy that is firmly in the running for ACC COTY is going to get canned, because a senior didn't make a FT late in a game Miami should have been able to close out.

And THIS is why I intentionally went out and ran errands during the game(While checking in with my trusty Watch ESPN app), because I knew full well this board would get toxic and full of hot takes.

Advertisement
Rightfully so. Tournament teams simply don't lose that game
I'm not saying its not warranted. Just annoying as a fan to have such a good season (all things considered) and such a veteran group and possibly not get in because they've choked at home down the stretch

Rightfully so. Tournament teams simply don't lose that game
Then you haven't been paying attention. When you are on the bubble, things happen. Miami isn't fighting for a 1 seed, they are fighting for a 9 seed(at best), Miami has the typical 8-9 seed resume. Some great wins, some close losses that shouldn't have happened, a couple of "Why did you bother getting off the bus" games...

Advertisement
It’s going to be hard to get the double bye unless we win the last two.

If we split, UVA has 2 relatively easy games (and they’re up 8 on FSU now). That would make us and UVA 13-7 and they have the tiebreaker.

This team has bounced back from losses and bad losses all year. I fully expect them to beat BC. The Syracuse game is going to be HUGE.

Advertisement
No it doesn’t if we beat Syracuse and win in the ACCT.
Will never win that many games in a row. We lose one more and UVA moves into that 4 spot. Wake could also win out and get in there. UNC probably loses to Duke and also joins the crowd. Somebody better figure out the tie breakers for seeding.

Advertisement
Back