VT at CANES 3PM Bally Sports

Advertisement
"Charlie, go and miss FTs. Kam, make an egregiously bad inbound pass" Yep, I'm quite sure L drew that stuff up on his dry erase board.
Ugh did you watch the end of the game or we're you still out running errands?

We had no answer for the VT trap/press, and we couldn't execute an inbounds play.

We also had a terrible end of game play coming off a timeout with plenty of time reminding. That's coaching.

I know you love Coach L, but that was as embarrassing last minute as I've seen in awhile.

People will say hey make your free throws. Well you know what people have been missing free throws forever. It happens players will miss free throws, what do you then do when they do miss? We had no answer.

Advertisement

We had no answer for the VT trap/press, and we couldn't execute an inbounds play.

We also had a terrible end of game play coming off a timeout with plenty of time reminding. That's coaching.

I know you love Coach L, but that was as embarrassing last minute as I've seen in awhile.

People will say hey make your free throws. Well you know what people have been missing free throws forever. It happens players will miss free throws, what do you then do when they do miss? We had no answer.
I watched the last 5 minutes. Miami was up 2 possessions with under a minute to go. MAKE A **** FT. Miami connects on a couple of FTs, and this game is completely different. Players make plays down the stretch and you should be able to rely on senior leaders to step up and make free throws, AT HOME. Period. I know that a lot of our fans jerk themselves off on the thought of running coaches out of town, but I'm not blaming L for this one. He can't shoot FTs for them.

Advertisement
Yeah, I want that too. But it's what the Coach of the Year wants that matters, eh?
The same fans whining about Wong not getting the touch tonight, were whining when Charlie didn't get the touch to win against FSU. Miami has won multiple games(Sparked comebacks, reestablished momentum, etc.) this year on solid plays coming off of TOs and the like. That's been a strong point throughout L's tenure. We can argue that McGusty shouldn't have been inbounding the rock(I prefer to utilize a bigger player, mostly because it's tougher to interfere with them making the pass, but I get putting the ball in the hands of someone that usually makes solid decisions.

Being in a Noles household, Ive now had to see the buzzer beater 12 times. In a way, it was good for us as it upset Virginia 64-63...

FSU was down 63-61 as VA scored at the 2 second mark. Some coaches have the plays (and players) to pull it out.... perfect inbounds pass to the right player, who sinks the buzzer beater for 3 in one fluid motion as clock hits 0.00

Last edited:
Being in a Noles household, Ive now had to see the buzzer beater 12 times. In a way, it was good for us as it upset Virginia 64-63...

FSU was down 63-61 as VA scored at the 2 second mark. Some coaches have the plays (and players) to pull it out.... perfect inbounds pass to the right player, who sinks the buzzer beater for 3 in one fluid motion as clock hits 0.00
It’s excellent for us. Makes it almost certain we get a double bye/top 4 seed if we win at least 1 of 2 last games.

Lunardi just dropped his update too and it didn't have miami listed on the bubble so thats good I guess. Really need to win these last two tho. @Cuse is prob gna be a tough one

Advertisement
Advertisement

Gacaneaddict what we saw on display to close the game today, has been on display countless amounts of times during crunch time in L’s tenure. His teams look like chickens with their heads cut off in late game press situations year in and year out. And we come on here and say it year in and year out. Anthony Lawrence was the poster child of late game blunders to lose games.

This team has shown a ton of resiliency this season and the credit goes to both staff and players. I expect us to come out and handle business next game and solidify our tournament spot. Which is a successful season. Any wins in the tournament would come as a surprise to me given this teams warts

woesr loss since they reinstituted the program back in 1986. We went from a lock to make it to the NCAA, to a coinflip now.

I watched the last 5 minutes. Miami was up 2 possessions with under a minute to go. MAKE A **** FT. Miami connects on a couple of FTs, and this game is completely different. Players make plays down the stretch and you should be able to rely on senior leaders to step up and make free throws, AT HOME. Period. I know that a lot of our fans jerk themselves off on the thought of running coaches out of town, but I'm not blaming L for this one. He can't shoot FTs for them.
There was some egregious execution down the stretch and there is plenty of blame to go around because there were plenty of plays that we ****ed up, including making the free throws.

This loss stings because the win was there for the taking and we can only blame ourselves for not getting it.

Well off to BC. Another winnable game.

Advertisement
Back