Updates

I haven’t heard anything about Manny hiring a DC. Has it been mentioned anywhere besides this board?

Advertisement
Look at our 3rd down % before Patke and after. Striker position was huge for this defense
Manny decided to make the switch and put a 4star athlete at the position

It’s not like Patke turned water into wine. Try again

Jess Simpson on the other hand turned a scrub from IL into a serviceable DT, that I’m impressed by, not Patke

Advertisement
I'm fully aware I'm hard to please. Fedora is a guy I've had a man crush on ever since that whole episode with Richt.

We need an ******* who gives zero ***** and would sell his soul or cut off an appendage to win. Period.
for years and years we dumbass fans clamored for a DC that was psychotic. Super aggressive, just let these SFLA kids eat man. Low and behold Manny comes in and it happens.

Same thing applies to the offense. We are an aggressive culture and the scheme and coach should reflect this. **** feelings.

Advertisement
Don’t know if they are parting ways or not but I was just going to comment that Frenk needs to get this right because I’ve heard a lot of important folks within UM are not happy with him right now. Supposedly one of the reasons he was hired is because he said he was going to bring in all this fundraising from Mexico and that never materialized. Also feel we have at best stagnated as an academic institution under his leadership.

My sister works at the school and has been telling me the same thing for months. Everytime she worked with Frenk and his people she felt he was lost and didn't have a clue what was going on half of the time. Once I heard that I wasn't surprised about the academics slip.

Just want to give a big shout out to @nycane for providing the info he has in the last couple of days. It's been a calming influence and sure as **** beats being in the dark in such a tumultuous time in the state of the U.
dude there are people on this board who have even more info than i do. learn to respect them.

Advertisement
I dont get this. I felt like Shannon's biggest mistake was not continuing to run the defense. This saves a lot if money and you can spend more on Dline coach and other assistants. Why hire him if he ain't running the defense

I disagree my Cane Brother. Let's not use money as an excuse, we already saved money hiring Manny. We can hire solid position coaches and pay them accordingly.

The head coach has so much on their plate. He needs to hire a coordinator that he can trust to implement his system of course but that's only part of a coordinators responsibilities.

Manny hasn't ever been a head coach, he's going to have a lot to learn himself. He doesn't need the added work of teaching Banda and Patke how to be Coordinators.

You don't have to look much further than our last head coach. Hiring a bunch of guys who had never been offensive coordinators just added to Richts list of tasks and the O failed because of it. (Of course there were other reasons also)

for years and years we dumbass fans clamored for a DC that was psychotic. Super aggressive, just let these SFLA kids eat man. Low and behold Manny comes in and it happens.

Same thing applies to the offense. We are an aggressive culture and the scheme and coach should reflect this. **** feelings.

4 full quarters of all out aggression on BOTH SIDE OF THE BALL WITH South Florida talent.

That is ALL I've been begging for, for the last 20 years.

We're SO close. Let's hope Manny sticks the landing.

Advertisement
I disagree my Cane Brother. Let's not use money as an excuse, we already saved money hiring Manny. We can hire solid position coaches and pay them accordingly.

The head coach has so much on their plate. He needs to hire a coordinator that he can trust to implement his system of course but that's only part of a coordinators responsibilities.

Manny hasn't ever been a head coach, he's going to have a lot to learn himself. He doesn't need the added work of teaching Banda and Patke how to be Coordinators.

You don't have to look much further than our last head coach. Hiring a bunch of guys who had never been offensive coordinators just added to Richts list of tasks and the O failed because of it. (Of course there were other reasons also)
donna is a liberal. it wasnt just that shannon was cheap. they wanted the narrative of the black coach the kids will love. meanwhile a ton of kids hated him. even under coker he was never a players coach.

Capture.webp

Advertisement
Back