Updates

If Manny decides to bring in a DC to call plays and keep Banda/Patke at their respective positions, what would you think about Winston Moss? I’d love Raymond but I don’t know if he leaves even for a DC position here.
Finally, Winston Moss gets the traditional token mention.

Advertisement
Where they going? Diaz made them and they didn't follow him to Temple. They should be thankful if he keeps them on the staff as position coaches. Neither is qualified to be a DC.

If Manny brings in a qualified DC to go along with Fedora, I'm going to strongly consider tattooing a portrait of him with the words Diaz Cartel written below.
If he hires a dc it wont be a big name.

@Stefan Adams Have you heard the rumor that Julio Frank and UM will be parting ways at the end of the academic year?

Heard it on the Five Reasons podcast this morning

I don't need a big name. I just need someone who's qualified.

Patke wasn't even a position coach until last season.
It would probably be diaz other guy blake baker. Dc/Lb coach at la tech since 2015. Worked with him at texas and la tech and was rumored to be the guy that was going to run the defense at temple.

Advertisement
If this drags on into the evening I imagine there is a reason for concern.
Not 100% sold on plan B.

Why concern?
It could be that Jefe has made his choice, notified said choice, and the individual in question is procuring his staff. Makes sense to announce the entire offensive staff instead of just one.

Where they going? Diaz made them and they didn't follow him to Temple. They should be thankful if he keeps them on the staff as position coaches. Neither is qualified to be a DC.

If Manny brings in a qualified DC to go along with Fedora, I'm going to strongly consider tattooing a portrait of him with the words Diaz Cartel written below.

I dont get this. I felt like Shannon's biggest mistake was not continuing to run the defense. This saves a lot if money and you can spend more on Dline coach and other assistants. Why hire him if he ain't running the defense

Advertisement
Fedora is likely unless a snag. could be announced fairly soon.
Rumph STILL has not officially been retained. whoever posted 48 hours was right. he will know by tomorrow morning.
i havent heard anything on jess so i assume he's good.

ny, first wanted to say thanks for all of the info you're providing!

second, wanted to ask if you've heard anything about how recruiting will work moving forward? Has Manny started to think/talk about that? I'm assuming there will be a bigger investment in that aspect of the program as well going forward.

Banda would run Manny’s defense and he’d be standing two feet from the guy. I feel way better about it now that Manny is still around

I get that but in the heat of the game is Manny going to step in with 15 seconds left on the play clock to override Banda? Just seems like that could be a potential complication that wouldn't really be present with a guy who's been a DC before.

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams Have you heard the rumor that Julio Frank and UM will be parting ways at the end of the academic year?

Heard it on the Five Reasons podcast this morning

Don’t know if they are parting ways or not but I was just going to comment that Frenk needs to get this right because I’ve heard a lot of important folks within UM are not happy with him right now. Supposedly one of the reasons he was hired is because he said he was going to bring in all this fundraising from Mexico and that never materialized. Also feel we have at best stagnated as an academic institution under his leadership.

Advertisement
dude dr frenk took charge during this process over the weekend, he was heated over the situation wit hricht.
I’m just passing along what was mentioned. Basically said a lot of important people weren’t exactly pleased with how things have gone under his watch

ny, first wanted to say thanks for all of the info you're providing!

second, wanted to ask if you've heard anything about how recruiting will work moving forward? Has Manny started to think/talk about that? I'm assuming there will be a bigger investment in that aspect of the program as well going forward.
no idea on recruiting.

Advertisement
Back