Unique Brissett II JUCO RB (title edited)

Advertisement
Very raw, but I see why Brown thinks there is potential there. There were a few runs on those highlights that showed he had an extra gear and good hips.

2 concerns: (1) He runs upright, just like Gus and Gray, which will be very hard to coach out of him, especially given he is a Juco. (2) even in the highlights, he didn't show his burst with consistency, though this should work itself out with increased competition and good coaching.

Minor peeve was he didn't show the best judgment on his choice of music for his hudl tape.
A 6'1 or 6'2 running back IS going to run high they are tall backs...

I don't think some of these folks get how bad our depth is at rb.
I think it's more that we need insurance more than anything.

After Walton & Homer, we pretty much have 2 active walk-ons (Atkins & Callan) then Burns & Choc Gray who we can't really count on to stay healthy an entire season.

I think the staff just wants to have another Back just in case.

Also, taking a JUCO for 2017 is basically like taking 3 RB's in 18.

Advertisement

After Walton & Homer, we pretty much have 2 active walk-ons (Atkins & Callan) then Burns & Choc Gray who we can't really count on to stay healthy an entire season.

They obviously want a juco for this season for insurance. If burns wasn't a walking injury they'd probably ride with what we have and take three next year. But that's not possible , especially when gray is coming off a major knee injury.

Advertisement

They obviously want a juco for this season for insurance. If burns wasn't a walking injury they'd probably ride with what we have and take three next year. But that's not possible , especially when gray is coming off a major knee injury.
Agreed

Looks good against questionable competition with excellent instinctive running but we need three in this class and one with experience is definitely a plus. Obviously CMR prefers a juco rather then a one and out option.

I am sure he prefers a one and done, but cant find one that is any good.

Advertisement
Pretty good speed and wiggle, looks raw. Competition is absolute garbage. What happened to the Blinn RB?

Advertisement

Walton
Homer
Burns
Gray
Potential deejay is not bad
It's the most talented backfield in the acc behind fsu still...

It should be clear to everyone by now that the coaches are very worried about Burns and Grays injuries/recovery and how effective Homer will be. There was a article a few weeks ago that said Homer made "some" progress but still needed a lot of work with ball protection and pass protection. Add the tweet from Richt about adding another RB and you have to realize that we need some help soon. They probably want to leave DJ at WR too it seems.

Walton
Homer
Burns
Gray

You do realize that Homer can't pass protect for **** and the rest on that list can't stay healthy.

Deejay might be able to carry the ball for us, but we need another RB besides Walton who can pass protect, and I don't see Deejay being very successful at that playing QB and WR in HS.

Walton
Homer
Burns
Gray

It should be clear to everyone by now that the coaches are very worried about Burns and Grays injuries/recovery and how effective Homer will be. There was a article a few weeks ago that said Homer made "some" progress but still needed a lot of work with ball protection and pass protection. Add the tweet from Richt about adding another RB and you have to realize that we need some help soon. They probably want to leave DJ at WR too it seems.

I like deejay ability a lot but there's more of a need at tailback than there is for him at receiver. He can line up as a back and go out for passes like how the browns use duke johnson. Plus deejay is built like a running back at 5'10 205. Based on what dmoney and Pete have said they are very high on homer and was high on burns in the first few days of pads before the injury

Advertisement
Back