UNC series thread

Here's what is funny about your obsession with these stupid computer systems. You say that Virginia was better than UNC because the ISR said so?

Another thing that I never said.

I said that the ISR gave Virginia a better chance of winning the championship. Nowhere did I say or even imply that Virginia was the better team.

What's more is that Virginia and North Carolina were not on the same side of the bracket. So the ISR wasn't calculating their chances using the same data.

You really need to quit. You are an embarrassment to the haters crowd. A real clown.

Advertisement
You two guys need to get a room.. or your own thread.

Canes up 5-2 top of the 4th. Gap shot double clears the bases to drive in three in the bottom of the third.

EDIT: At least learn to use the multi quote feature for ***** sake.

You two have got to get your own make out thread. You have ruined the Clemson and UNC threads. These are fr game updates not batman and robin make out sessions.

Canes got 5 in the bottom of the 3rd to get on top 5-2. UNC pitcher looked amazing through 2 then fell apart.

Mediavilla does not have his best stuff tonight and is getting hit hard.

Antwan/Jagr has been ruining threads for 3 years now. On another note Miami is on fire. Would love to get Hammond back.

I'll tell you the down fall of this team is going to be our inability to protect Collins. Heyward is hitting awful right now.

Part two of that is I can't count how many times we have a guy on third with less than 2 outs and fail to drive him in.

As I say that 2 out base hit plates another run. 6-2 canes.

Advertisement
6-2 Canes Top 6

1007-0 Brian over Jagr

Collins looked just as bad on the slide piece as Heyward did. Got picked up with the 2 out RBI single.

Team is playing pretty good ball, but we still have fans hedging their bets and worrying about if we may lose weeks from now.

Bartow comes in and gets two outs to end the top of the 8th.

6-3 good guys bottom 8.

Advertisement
Here's what is funny about your obsession with these stupid computer systems. You say that Virginia was better than UNC because the ISR said so?

Another thing that I never said.

I said that the ISR gave Virginia a better chance of winning the championship. Nowhere did I say or even imply that Virginia was the better team.

What's more is that Virginia and North Carolina were not on the same side of the bracket. So the ISR wasn't calculating their chances using the same data.

You really need to quit. You are an embarrassment to the haters crowd. A real clown.

If the ISR percentages don't tell us who the best team is, then why was that your first piece of evidence when I said that South Carolina might have been the best team? Do those percentages tell us who the better team is or not, because you have now said both.

getting a national seed is what matters right now.

Why? The best teams never win and it's all a small random sample size anyway. Why worry about any of it? Just grab a milkshake and hope we keep the post-season streak going. That's all you care about, if you're being honest.

Strike out with runners on second and third with no outs, and then run the slowest developing safety squeeze in baseball history.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You keep arguing that one of the best coaches in the game can't get it done. You just look ridiculous.

Can't get what done? He has no control over the post-season. It's random.

I wouldn't say random, I would say statistically tougher, as I noted in a post above, because of the lower winning percentage of the best teams in the sport compared to Basketball and Football.

Beating RPI #6 ,7 and 3, in three successive weekends, mostly without a key reliever. Very impressive. Upcoming schedule is a little easier. Hopefully they can keep their foot on the gas.

If the ISR percentages don't tell us who the best team is, then why was that your first piece of evidence when I said that South Carolina might have been the best team?

It wasn't my first piece of evidence.

See.

You're capable of making a bunch of stupid arguments. We know that.

What I mean is that no reasonable person using standard metrics could do it.

Polls: 4th (Baseball America), 4th (Collegiate Baseball)
Ratings: # 6 (RPI), # 5 (ISR)
Seeding: # 4 National Seed

And to top it off...

Even after the field was narrowed to 8 teams in Omaha they were only the 4th favorite among the field according to the ISR.

ISR-Based Probabilities for 2011 NCAA Tournament -- Before CWS

Virginia - 23.4%
Vanderbilt - 21.1%
North Carolina - 20.9%
South Carolina - 16.9%

It looks like it was my last piece. Hence 'to top it off...'

Are you done now, Clowney McHater?

Advertisement
Back