UM v. BC game 2

Advertisement
Joe Z. just reported the entire team is huddled with Jim Morris as he is instructing the ENTIRE TEAM that every player will be asked to bunt to start the rally in the 9th and then to continue regardless of the score or how many outs we have left. I like that strategy and Morris is always thinking. Give that man an extension, what a **** of a coach!

Joe Z. just reported the entire team is huddled with Jim Morris as he is instructing the ENTIRE TEAM that every player will be asked to bunt to start the rally in the 9th and then to continue regardless of the score or how many outs we have left. I like that strategy and Morris is always thinking. Give that man an extension, what a **** of a coach!

Sad we are even in that position, but it is what it is.

Best fielding % in the country is our downfall. Wow.

Advertisement
For the cheerleaders who love the fact that our man Jim is a sac bunting machine, see if you can understand this table and compare the probability of scoring with (1) a man on first with no outs and (2) a man on second with one out.

Nichols's Expected Runs Table

Last edited:
Jagr, just so we are clear, you are rooting for losses right?

Yes, I paid $15 each for 6 tickets last night and again today so I could wear orange and green and pretend like I'm cheering for Miami when secretly I'm hoping we lose every game. It took a man with your intellect to figure that out.

For the cheerleaders who love the fact that our man Jim is a sac bunting machine, see if you can understand this table and compare the probability of scoring with (1) a man on first with no outs and (2) a man on second with one out.

Looking at the play-by-play of our 4th now.
No way you bunt Ruiz after Collins HR and Lopez' hit.
I know Lopez eventually scored but we got 5 hits in 6 plates with the only out being the SAC.
Could've been a big inning.

Advertisement

Looking at the play-by-play of our 4th now.
No way you bunt Ruiz after Collins HR and Lopez' hit.
I know Lopez eventually scored but we got 5 hits in 6 plates with the only out being the SAC.
Could've been a big inning.

I don't even understand why he's bunting Ruiz at all. He had 2 HR's yesterday and has a hit with a RBI today....that makes him our hottest hitter right now

Advertisement
At this point neither does Morris understand why Ruiz was bunting. Morris has put his players in a very bad decision because of his erection for bunting. My ex coach was the best at having our team execute bunts to win games. Unfortunately,Morris takes it to another level. He certainly plays with mindset of all his players too. After hitting 2 home runs and having a chance for a big inning I'm sure Ruiz and the rest of his teammates are questioning Morris' baseball acumen. That was the DUMBEST coaching decision I have seen in 55 years

I wouldn't mind the whole bunting thing if we had other plays to run in that same scenario. Today the third baseman was literally 20 feet away at contact because he and everyone else knew that the only play we run right there is a straight sac bunt. We never slash. We never bunt and run. It's the same play every time we are in that situation.

Advertisement
In all honesty,after watching the Regional and now 2 games of the Super Regional,it does not look like we have enough pitching,mainly relief pitching, to win in Omaha unless we stay in the winners bracket the whole way.Are you guys seeing the same thing?It looks to me like we will have to score 6-8 runs a game and try to hold on in the end to win it all.If the bats come alive it seems to be possible to me.We gave up big leads against LBS and BC that make you wonder wtf.I hope we can prevail today and get rested up for Omaha or that LePore is ready to go 7-8 innings tomorrow.A little too much bunting and taking called strikes too.

I wouldn't mind the whole bunting thing if we had other plays to run in that same scenario. Today the third baseman was literally 20 feet away at contact because he and everyone else knew that the only play we run right there is a straight sac bunt. We never slash. We never bunt and run. It's the same play every time we are in that situation.

yup, and it obviously makes you too predictable as a team

In all honesty,after watching the Regional and now 2 games of the Super Regional,it does not look like we have enough pitching,mainly relief pitching, to win in Omaha unless we stay in the winners bracket the whole way.Are you guys seeing the same thing?It looks to me like we will have to score 6-8 runs a game and try to hold on in the end to win it all.If the bats come alive it seems to be possible to me.We gave up big leads against LBS and BC that make you wonder wtf.I hope we can prevail today and get rested up for Omaha or that LePore is ready to go 7-8 innings tomorrow.A little too much bunting and taking called strikes too.

After Cabezas, Bartow, and Garcia who else is dependable because Woodrey was horrendous v. LBS...Do you guys think Pimental is reliable

Advertisement
Back