UM v. BC game 2

In all honesty,after watching the Regional and now 2 games of the Super Regional,it does not look like we have enough pitching,mainly relief pitching, to win in Omaha unless we stay in the winners bracket the whole way.Are you guys seeing the same thing?It looks to me like we will have to score 6-8 runs a game and try to hold on in the end to win it all.If the bats come alive it seems to be possible to me.We gave up big leads against LBS and BC that make you wonder wtf.I hope we can prevail today and get rested up for Omaha or that LePore is ready to go 7-8 innings tomorrow.A little too much bunting and taking called strikes too.

After Cabezas, Bartow, and Garcia who else is dependable because Woodrey was horrendous v. LBS...Do you guys think Pimental is reliable

I think we agree that we needed to win today because tomorrow is not a layup given who we have available to pitch.Hopefully LePore can go and be effective.BC has to have gained some confidence after what happened last night and if they hold on to win today.They have a game 3 with nothing to lose and all the pressure is on us again.Not trying to be negative at all and I do believe that we will win tomorrow if it comes to that.BC can't have much pitching left either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A few updates-

UC Santa Barb 4 ........ Louisville 2.......... final
OK State 5........... S.Carolina 1............ final
T.Tech 1........... ECU 1........... 9th

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bad game today, we beat ourselves and BC played a fundamentally solid game. Still, season's not over yet.

Go get them tomorrow boys!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If we don't make it to Omaha, should Morris b fired immediately? I'm looking at the prospects we've put in the league and who are doing very well, and the amount of players we've been putting out vs the results have not added up here. I think we need new blood to truly utilize the talent UM has.

Laughing out loud. What a farce.

So what great program would you like to compare us to today? Every home team has lost a game, even your beloved Gators or whoever your really a fan of.

I knew this was coming. It's okay that we looked like garbage "cause Florida lost too!" It's a pathetic stance. I said this before: we set our own standards. We compare our teams to our own great teams.

We don't even know who our third starter is. We gave away an Omaha clinching game with terrible defense, hitting, and baserunning. But people like you excuse it with comments like "Louisville lost too!!" Who gives a **** about Louisville? Our history, not Louisville's or Florida's, demands better than the slop we put out there today and the pitching uncertainty we face tomorrow.

If we don't make it to Omaha, should Morris b fired immediately? I'm looking at the prospects we've put in the league and who are doing very well, and the amount of players we've been putting out vs the results have not added up here. I think we need new blood to truly utilize the talent UM has.

We're in that tough spot where you can't fire the guy, but everyone knows the gig is up and it's time to move forward. Regular season accolades like winning the Coastal or having a good RPI should never be enough at a legendary program like Miami Baseball.

Advertisement
Back