UM v. BC game 2

If we don't make it to Omaha, should Morris b fired immediately? I'm looking at the prospects we've put in the league and who are doing very well, and the amount of players we've been putting out vs the results have not added up here. I think we need new blood to truly utilize the talent UM has.

Morris is here through 2018. He's not getting fired. Move on.

Advertisement
Laughing out loud. What a farce.

So what great program would you like to compare us to today? Every home team has lost a game, even your beloved Gators or whoever your really a fan of.

I knew this was coming. It's okay that we looked like garbage "cause Florida lost too!" It's a pathetic stance. I said this before: we set our own standards. We compare our teams to our own great teams.

We don't even know who our third starter is. We gave away an Omaha clinching game with terrible defense, hitting, and baserunning. But people like you excuse it with comments like "Louisville lost too!!" Who gives a **** about Louisville? Our history, not Louisville's or Florida's, demands better than the slop we put out there today and the pitching uncertainty we face tomorrow.

This_______^

Exactly Spot On

If people really feel like its okay bc so and so did such and such . . . go root for them! Louisville may want to go to Omaha. They may go to Omaha. The school may hope they go. Louisville doesn't demand they go. Maybe Miami doesn't demand it anymore, but Ron Fraser set a standard, created a legacy for all who follow . . . get to Omaha and play for titles.

So what great program would you like to compare us to today? Every home team has lost a game, even your beloved Gators or whoever your really a fan of.

I knew this was coming. It's okay that we looked like garbage "cause Florida lost too!" It's a pathetic stance. I said this before: we set our own standards. We compare our teams to our own great teams.

We don't even know who our third starter is. We gave away an Omaha clinching game with terrible defense, hitting, and baserunning. But people like you excuse it with comments like "Louisville lost too!!" Who gives a **** about Louisville? Our history, not Louisville's or Florida's, demands better than the slop we put out there today and the pitching uncertainty we face tomorrow.

This_______^

Exactly Spot On

If people really feel like its okay bc so and so did such and such . . . go root for them! Louisville may want to go to Omaha. They may go to Omaha. The school may hope they go. Louisville doesn't demand they go. Maybe Miami doesn't demand it anymore, but Ron Fraser set a standard, created a legacy for all who follow . . . get to Omaha and play for titles.

And playing like we played yesterday and the late innings of Friday WILL NOT bring a title here. LOL at anyone who wants to say well this guy lost....no one's facing another three seed other than TTU and they definitely don't have our expectations.

Last edited:

This_______^

Exactly Spot On

And playing like we played yesterday and the late innings of Friday WILL NOT bring a title here. LOL at anyone who wants to say well this guy lost....no one's facing another three seed other than TTU and they definitely don't have our expectations.

After Friday I thought we have a shot this year. After today I think anything could happen against BC.

If we win we play Zona first. They looked like they were starting to heat up.

Lets get to Omaha.

This_______^

Exactly Spot On

Between this game, and the LBSt game in which we blew an 8-1 lead and barely won in extra innings...I'll say this team is barely hanging on. This team has major, MAJOR talent on it, yet continue to come up short around this time of the year. Just like football, the Hurricanes have a proud tradition in baseball as well. I can care less as to what other schools do... I can care less if UF flames out or UL or TCU or any other program you want to insert...this soft shouldered bull has got to go. We should be cruising to Omaha, not struggling. You check out how many MLB players the U has pumped out, and there's no way this team should not be competing for National Titles every year.

Advertisement
People completely missed the point of my post. Not saying a loss is ok because said team lost also. Im saying its baseball. Theres a reason the conf tournies, regionals and supers are double elimination. Same reason MLB is best of 5/7. 1 loss and the sky is falling for you people. Yes we should have won, yes defense let us down and we lost to a team we're supposed to sweep. Support the team and win Sunday and there off to Omaha with a very favorable bracket. Same complaints people whined about after ACC tourney and blowing lead vs LBST. Never seen such negative pessimistic miserable fans in my life.

U
People completely missed the point of my post. Not saying a loss is ok because said team lost also. Im saying its baseball. Theres a reason the conf tournies, regionals and supers are double elimination. Same reason MLB is best of 5/7. 1 loss and the sky is falling for you people. Yes we should have won, yes defense let us down and we lost to a team we're supposed to sweep. Support the team and win Sunday and there off to Omaha with a very favorable bracket. Same complaints people whined about after ACC tourney and blowing lead vs LBST. Never seen such negative pessimistic miserable fans in my life.

All of that is fair...but it is perfectly justifiable to see a problem with blowing an 8-1 lead in an important game. Just as concerning to see the alleged best fielding % squad in the nation misplay a couple of ground balls that a tadpole player would make look easy in most cases.

I was one of few laughing about everybody saying **** like BC shouldn't even score a run in this super. They are not a bad squad, and we definitely are not the world beaters we would all like to believe we are. Lots of talent...but pitching deficits for sure...so we better get back to fundamentals quick.

UM

U

All of that is fair...but it is perfectly justifiable to see a problem with blowing an 8-1 lead in an important game. Just as concerning to see the alleged best fielding % squad in the nation misplay a couple of ground balls that a tadpole player would make look easy in most cases.

I was one of few laughing about everybody saying **** like BC shouldn't even score a run in this super. They are not a bad squad, and we definitely are not the world beaters we would all like to believe we are. Lots of talent...but pitching deficits for sure...so we better get back to fundamentals quick.

UM

BC's starting pitcher today shout down LVille, UVA and Clemson this year so don't assume an offensive explosion today.

Advertisement
How in the **** did this team have a losing record in the ACC if they have such good starting pitching.

How in the **** did this team have a losing record in the ACC if they have such good starting pitching.

Because they can't hit a lick. That's why you field routine grounders against them and don't hand them scoring opportunities.

This BC series worried me from the beginning. First, it always worries me when Miami fans think we should have an easy time of it. Call it bad vibes or whatever, but i've come to expect the opposite whenever fans adopt that attitude. But more specifically, BC is an above average team that is as hot as anybody right now and they have nothing to lose since they've already exceeded expectations by far; whereas many would consider Miami's season a failure if they lose this series. So all the pressure is on UM which could lead to more blunders like we saw yesterday. We need to get off to a good start.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back