Tyler Van Dyke is going to save Diaz Job

This isn't just 2 wins. It's 2 wins against ranked opponents. It 2 wins where we ran the clock out to win.

You can't get to 3 wins in a row until you get to 2.

You're right Mrs. DIAZ. You can't get to 3 wins without winning 2 games first 🤢🤮🤮

But, it shouldnt take national outrage, fans canceling season tickets, local media killing your superior, etc, etc, to finally learn how to win games WITH superior talent.

For two games, we almost played to our potential.

Now, let's hire a leader who, when he coaches two good games, it isnt because his job was publicly on the line. Lets hire someone can doesn't surprise us with win over less talented teams.

Advertisement
I didnt read all the comment before posting, so forgive me if this has already been regurgitated.

The only way Manny would be saved if by sheer inactivity on behalf of the AD. While wins are good, how teams win is important. Our defense is still entry level D1, game management is terrible, recruiting is again entry level D1 (for Miami) and the offensive playcalling it paltry 70% of the time.
In short, we are more on a lucky streak, than we are playing aggressively. Even Coach Shannon got us ranked in the top 10 once. These streaks happen. But Coach Diaz and this staff just isnt up to par to win 10 games a year 2 years in a row.

You're right Mrs. DIAZ. You can't get to 3 wins without winning 2 games first 🤢🤮🤮

But, it shouldnt take national outrage, fans canceling season tickets, local media killing your superior, etc, etc, to finally learn how to win games WITH superior talent.

For two games, we almost played to our potential.

Now, let's hire a leader who, when he coaches two good games, it isnt because his job was publicly on the line. Lets hire someone can doesn't surprise us with win over less talented teams.
Cmon bruh. The effort some of you guys go through to try and cover the check that your mouth been writing for weeks that's coming due is hilarious.

You can't take this win from Manny and his team.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be thrilled, but I’d be okay if they fired Blake James and kept Diaz another year.

Blake James cannot be here next year.
Honestly, I'd be fine with that. I need Blake gone period. If a new AD comes in and Manny starts to win big, then so be it. That said, a new AD won't be loyal to Manny and if he isn't meeting the standard, that new AD will fire his *** sooner than later. I'm good with that.

You're not going to stop prolific passing games. Saban has said it too. TVD threw for 428 so Pitt's vaunted defense didn't do much ,either.
There's a difference between a guy just making good throws and Miami not covering the entire middle of the field. It was probably the easiest day for Pickett in his career, he wasn't asked to make throws into tight windows, most of the time, guys were wide open. His two picks were the difference.

Cmon bruh. The effort some of you guys go through to try and cover the check that your mouth been writing for weeks that's coming due is hilarious.

You can't take this win from Manny and his team.

In no way, shape, or form, am I discounting our victory today. What I'm saying is... too little, too late!

The same freshmen, who are making splash plays these couple weeks, would have been sitting on the bench, if not for public pressure. I'm happy we won, but I recognize the difference since the pressure has been turned up, and I realize Manny isn't the type of leader we need at this program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In no way, shape, or form, am I discounting our victory today. What I'm saying is... too little, too late!

The same freshmen, who are making splash plays these couple weeks, would have been sitting on the bench, if not for public pressure. I'm happy we won, but I recognize the difference since the pressure has been turned up, and I realize Manny isn't the type of leader we need at this program.
But its not too little too late. Frenk and BJ don't oscillate based on the emotions of the board. You should know that by now.

I understand your logic but it doesn't move the needle with decision makers.

No decisions have been made by people who actually have a say in the matter.

Advertisement
If Manny keeps his job he needs to wake up and find a defensive coordinator and let him run this own scheme..idk if the answer is Shoop or not but he also needs to move Patke to off the field and hire a LB coach and also find the best lb(s) in the portal..I think DVD is that good you can’t waste him
Muschamp at DC. This should assist with keeping TRob too...Patke leaves...DVD coaches ST. Allow Muschamp to decide on his LB coach. Then Diaz/Muschamp decide together on DL coach (retain Simpson or replace him).

If we go 8-4, beat Wake in the ship, and then beat a good team in a bowl game, what the mood of the board?
Poppin bottles....no one believes it will happen though....and reasonably so, we've got 2 trap games, GT/Duke, and a brutal road game in Blacksburg....plus the FSU rivalry game. We hoist that ACC trophy and 92% of this board going nuts

We held this team to 10 points below their average at home. How is the defense putrid? They made plays that helped win the game.
I see where you're going with this. But cmon, 500 yards passing my guy....Pickett had 300+ at halftime which I thought was a typo but it wasn't.

Advertisement
Back