The Realist Ish I've Ever Wrote

[MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION], don't worry homie, I got u.

Imma keep this "relatively" short and sweet (b/c I feel a lot more than imma say):

Worst recruiting job I've ever seen by a 1st year coach at a prestiges school. Worst than Golden and Shannon, by far.

How it happen? Poor staff assembly (not balancing coaching with recruiters), poor player evaluation, poor October play, and poor player personnel handling (see Sam Bruce).

Biggest blunder; not having recruits sign financial agreements to keep dialogue open during dead period.

Some were skeptical of the hire, I was positive w/ caution. Let this sink in gentlemen:

We're losing battles for 3 star players....not 5 star or high 4 star, but 3 star guys.

If this doesn't scare u of our future, then I don't know what will.

And b4 I hear from the "Green and Orange Shades Crew" that 2018 will be better, let me explain how this works, it doesn't get better b/c u want it to get better, u must first prove it on the field and u can't prove it on the field by continuing to have B- and C+ rated classes, which is why we Canes fans have been saying the same ish, hoping for "next year's class" since 2013!

Over losing Harley?!! lol
Go to CVS and get your tampons. You are leaving puddles

No ninja! Over missing out on Harley, Jeudy, Holloman, most likely Smith, Wilson and losing commits from Edwards, Henderson, Telfort, Dingle.

Advertisement
If you never followed college football in your life and somebody asked you whether it would be easier to recruit young black men to come play in Miami FL or in Tuscaloosa AL, it wouldn't even be close.

Yet they get more all Americans in one class than we get in five classes.

Miami should NOT have this difficult a time recruiting, and it's a giant waving red flag that something is deeply wrong.

If a person never followed CFB then their opinion wouldn't be based on actual football and football related selling points would it?

Sure Miami is a better vacation destination that most schools. But these kids arent selecting vacation spots are they?

Of the teams ahead of us in recruting name 1 rock solid thing from a football perspective that Miami can offer that none of those schools can offer?

I get it. We haven't gotten any of the "****" commitments from the elite skill players but this notion that we are struggling when we have a lock for a top 20 class and possibly a top 15 class after a decade of mediocrity is kinda silly.

I guess your definition of "good enough" is different from mine. I expected that when we went out and paid $4 million per year for an SEC coach, and when our probation finally ended in October, that we would see some kind of improvement in our recruiting. To a layman, it seems our recruiting is at the same level as it was under Al Golden.

We'll see where this goes, but I'm troubled.

You mention that we don't have anything football related to sell, but whose fault is that?

Imma keep this "relatively" short and sweet (b/c I feel a lot more than imma say):

Worst recruiting job I've ever seen by a 1st year coach at a prestiges school. Worst than Golden and Shannon, by far.

How it happen? Poor staff assembly (not balancing coaching with recruiters), poor player evaluation, poor October play, and poor player personnel handling (see Sam Bruce).

Biggest blunder; not having recruits sign financial agreements to keep dialogue open during dead period.

Some were skeptical of the hire, I was positive w/ caution. Let this sink in gentlemen:

We're losing battles for 3 star players....not 5 star or high 4 star, but 3 star guys.

And b4 I hear from the "Green and Orange Shades Crew" that 2018 will be better, let me explain how this works, it doesn't get better b/c u want it to get better, u must first prove it on the field and u can't prove it on the field by continuing to have B- and C+ rated classes, which is why we Canes fans have been saying the same ish, hoping for "next year's class" since 2013!

Title should read: The Dumbest Ish I never should've wrote!

We have three true freshmen LB'ers who are playing very good ball. A true Freshman DE with 7 sacks. A true freshman who just broke the Miami all time receiving record for freshmen. Point being is we have a staff who is proving they can spot and coach up lesser rated players. Reel your feeling back in and put them in your safe space. Jesus

What the F does this have to do w Richt's first full year as a recruiter??! What u just said is EXACTLY why our class should be stronger for 17. ****, it's like talking to blind mice on this piece. Are you ninjas seeing the same ish I'm saying? Missing out on some really big targets and then missing on some player evals ain't troubling to you? I'm not knocking the class as a whole, but if u think this class is where it should be w a PROVEN 1st year coach recruiting in the heart of the best recruiting area in the Nation, then it's whatever.

Like I swear some ya'll ninjas take any thing constructive said about this program or a coach and ya'll act like ninjas are trolls or don't have love for the U, all of sudden.

Have it ever occurred to some of ya'll "mighty defenders", that ninjas like me, like Vern, like Ballhawk U, like CanetheGatars voice our frustration b/c it's f'n frustrating to see the school u root for, the school that introduced u to college football, the school u donate to, the school u actually pledged some of their football players into your frat and now you call them brothers...this school has become a heart breaker year after year after year??? And yet, we still say, "well, it's still next year." I'm tired of saying it's still next year, b/c next year still hasn't coming for the last 12 years. Like seriously, read post w open minds and stop thumping ur chest on how great of a fan u are b/c u take it in the **** by this teams on field and off field miscues.

Will I be rooting for this squad today? Absolutely, leaving work early so I can be right here watching every snap, hoping we win. I hope we close hella strong on our class...but that still does not negate the fact that this class has been less then stellar for a really good coach's first full year. And if u say it has, ur lying b/c I know I can go back and pull up everyone of our post, including mine, in which we ALL said, Just Wait Til Richt's First Full Year Of Recruiting in 17. We'll it's here and it's been good, but so was the 16 class and he had less time then.

OP you're a ****ing idiot. Go look at golden and shannon 1st recruiting class again. Not the ranking, the players. After you're done throwing up i'll buy you a drink so you can calm your **** you ****.

Blood, first off, I'm not that dude. Second off, we all know how Golden and Shannon classes fared and that has ish to do w what I said. I'm talking about Coaches and 1st year bumps. Shannon and Golden couldn't coach for ish, so your point is moot and has nothing to do what the context of my post. Try again.

Advertisement
While we have some good kids committed, you can also say we are definitely struggling in recruiting. Quite surprised to be honest

Me too dude. Really substandard. What is it that these guys are doing or saying out there to muck it up?

Well obviously you don't write a lot if that's realist thing you ever wrote....

[MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION]: dude I always defend u when cats were ?ing ur "insight" and u come at me like this, bro? Lol. It's all good, my guy. I got u.

We need to wait til the end of signing day to see how it plays out. It's inexcusable to miss all WR targets. If it plays out this way and we have more misses then OP's point that Richt didn't get a 1st year bump will be correct and plenty of you will point that out. That said, I'm not putting him with Golden and I'm waiting to see if we have any surprise flips or gets before I see how I feel about the class. Richt deserves until NSD comes to a close.

Advertisement
The inability of this staff to get at least decent wide receivers is mind boggling. This should not be a problem for any staff here at the U. So far, so bad.

This years freshman All american WR doesn't count? Stop sniffing glue child
I am talking about this years´recruiting class, lighten up bonehead. We need more good receivers in this class don´t you think so? And so far the coaches are not getting it done, sorry to burst your bubble.

I will never worry about Wr as A Miami fan. I worry about the trenches. This was a down year locally for wr. Last year was not and we got 2 studs. Unfortunately, Bruce was a ******. Next year is loaded. Calm the **** down
You don't worry about the receiver situation? Well I do. I will remind you on the staffs' shortcomings when our receivers don't perform adequately in fall and there will be no depth at this position as well, no problem.

[MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION]: dude I always defend u when cats were ?ing ur "insight" and u come at me like this, bro? Lol. It's all good, my guy. I got u.

I still like you Zbrod...even if you're piling on Rell when a zillion other dudes are already kicking him. I got U.

Actually I wrote that because I expect more from you since you're a vet in hope you realize how whiney you sound about an extremely strong class filled with guys we wouldn't have gotten under golden but ok if you want to take it like that then fine....

Last edited:
Man, it's been said ad nauseam by now to the point where it even gets down voted, but we just gotta win. We have the talent now. We've had it the past few years.

I'm not worried about Richt's recruiting. I'm more worried about his coaching. No reason we should've lost four games and had the October that we had (which in turn had an effect on our recruiting). We had a chance to do something special, and we **** the bed.

Guess what? We have the talent to do something special AGAIN next year. Only teams that should be able to beat us next year are FSU and V-Tech, and we could just as easily win those two.

We just gotta win. It's as simple as that.

Advertisement
Man, it's been said ad nauseam by now to the point where it even gets down voted, but we just gotta win. We have the talent now. We've had it the past few years.

I'm not worried about Richt's recruiting. I'm more worried about his coaching. No reason we should've lost four games and had the October that we had (which in turn had an effect on our recruiting). We had a chance to do something special, and we **** the bed.

Guess what? We have the talent to do something special AGAIN next year. Only teams that should be able to beat us next year are FSU and V-Tech, and we could just as easily win those two.

Need to recruit better in order to win more games

We have the talent to win 8 games a year, which the season proved

Ain't no way we should've lost to ND or UNC this year.

Ain't no way we should've lost to WSU or Cincinatti last year.

We have the talent to win 10 games every year. Compete for NC's? We're light years away from there. But 10 wins is absolutely attainable with our current roster and the state of our conference.

We have three true freshmen LB'ers who are playing very good ball. A true Freshman DE with 7 sacks. A true freshman who just broke the Miami all time receiving record for freshmen. Point being is we have a staff who is proving they can spot and coach up lesser rated players. Reel your feeling back in and put them in your safe space. Jesus

What the F does this have to do w Richt's first full year as a recruiter??! What u just said is EXACTLY why our class should be stronger for 17. ****, it's like talking to blind mice on this piece. Are you ninjas seeing the same ish I'm saying? Missing out on some really big targets and then missing on some player evals ain't troubling to you? I'm not knocking the class as a whole, but if u think this class is where it should be w a PROVEN 1st year coach recruiting in the heart of the best recruiting area in the Nation, then it's whatever.

Like I swear some ya'll ninjas take any thing constructive said about this program or a coach and ya'll act like ninjas are trolls or don't have love for the U, all of sudden.

Have it ever occurred to some of ya'll "mighty defenders", that ninjas like me, like Vern, like Ballhawk U, like CanetheGatars voice our frustration b/c it's f'n frustrating to see the school u root for, the school that introduced u to college football, the school u donate to, the school u actually pledged some of their football players into your frat and now you call them brothers...this school has become a heart breaker year after year after year??? And yet, we still say, "well, it's still next year." I'm tired of saying it's still next year, b/c next year still hasn't coming for the last 12 years. Like seriously, read post w open minds and stop thumping ur chest on how great of a fan u are b/c u take it in the **** by this teams on field and off field miscues.

Will I be rooting for this squad today? Absolutely, leaving work early so I can be right here watching every snap, hoping we win. I hope we close hella strong on our class...but that still does not negate the fact that this class has been less then stellar for a really good coach's first full year. And if u say it has, ur lying b/c I know I can go back and pull up everyone of our post, including mine, in which we ALL said, Just Wait Til Richt's First Full Year Of Recruiting in 17. We'll it's here and it's been good, but so was the 16 class and he had less time then.

Significant difference in constructive criticism and complaining. The tie in was pretty clear! Those players making an impact as true freshmen were not all highly ranked guys. It's called good coaching! Unlike the previous staff, Richt's staff has done a good job with evals. Roster management is to be determined but some are putting the cart before the horse.

Advertisement

Ain't no way we should've lost to ND or UNC this year.

Ain't no way we should've lost to WSU or Cincinatti last year.

We have the talent to win 10 games every year. Compete for NC's? We're light years away from there. But 10 wins is absolutely attainable with our current roster and the state of our conference.

It's attainable once in a while, but everything would need to bounce our way and we would need some lucky breaks. 8 wins should be what we can expect.

This site has really hit rock bottom

Name a better site.

This site has really hit rock bottom

Rock bottom is putting it kindly.

See above.

Class is very strong outside wr

Are recruiting classes evaluated as a whole, or just without WRs?

The inability of this staff to get at least decent wide receivers is mind boggling. This should not be a problem for any staff here at the U. So far, so bad.

The hard truth that 95% of this board refuses to acknowledge.

The same staff that coRched their way to 4 straight losses, with 3 of those losses very winnable games?

White knights gon white knight.

Richt is Al Golden 2.0. If him going 0-4 in October did not convince you, then you are in denial.

He might not be as inept as Golden, but he's def a coRch.

OP you're a ******* idiot. Go look at golden and shannon 1st recruiting class again. Not the ranking, the players. After you're done throwing up i'll buy you a drink so you can calm your **** you *****.

Get ahold of yourself. Those personal attacks are unwarranted.

Golden came from Temple...Shannon was a first time CEO...Richt is an experienced CEO from the SEC who knows S FL, this class is a disappointment up to this point.

Advertisement
Back