The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost would be great and would bring the speed back to the offense. We just need to grab a top WR. Underwood would be nice. Need to get the weapons for TVD.
If Frost was getting hammered weekly and banging co-eds in LINCOLN, NEB there's a good chance he doesn't make it to summer workouts living in Miami. Man needs some time off desperately based off the stories that have been out there.

Advertisement
I had one conversation with James Coley when I was a high school coach and I instantly knew I understood football better than him—with a fraction of the experience.

That being said: he can talk like a mf. Before he left the office I wanted to give him a hug and send all our guys to FSU.
Shiiiid he could sell like the 2nd coming of Gordon Gecko and I still wouldn’t co-sign a kid to Tally anyways

Heal up brother 🙏🏾
Heck that's one thing I do well is heal! Busted bones, gunshots, you name it. Physical therapy, the right kind, can do wonders to keep you going. Just played 18 holes Thursday and am in the midst of painting a storage shed, and built 50 yards of 4 board fencing last week. All is good ... thanks for the thought!!

Advertisement
Please don’t try to downplay Cam’s championship season. It is one of the best seasons that a QB has had. Do I think he’s the greatest no but that season allows him entry into the discussion

Cam is easily one the best college QBs ever. Get any bozo who disagrees with that out of your life. That may have been THE best season a college QB has ever had, as a matter of fact.

If you have the best season of any QB ever, in the best league, and win a natty, yeah, you’re one of the best to ever do it. Periodt. Dummies go debate someone on Reddit.

Cam is easily one the best college QBs ever. Get any bozo who disagrees with that out of your life. That may have been THE best season a college QB has ever had, as a matter of fact.

If you have the best season of any QB ever, in the best league, and win a natty, yeah, you’re one of the best to ever do it. Periodt. Dummies go debate someone on Reddit.
Agreed ‼️‼️‼️

Not really well versed so can someone explain to me why people want Frost? He didn't impress as a HC (obviously) but I get the feeling for some reason he's not the dynamic OC most people think he is. No empirical proof really, and I could be wrong but he just has a look to em that I'm not buying. Am I wrong? Is he as good a people believe him to be?
Take a look at his history and he has been involved with some DYNAMIC offenses:

-2014 ... OC for Oregon. Coached Marcus Mariotta to a Heisman final and Oregon to the playoffs.
-2017 ... second year at UCF and took a team that in 2015 almost didn't win a game to 17-0.

That's why he was hired by Nebraska ... bringing an alum home. But it didn't work. Didn't have the athletes he had at UCF and had developed a huge problem with booze.

Advertisement

It was 1000% the best season that I had ever seen until 2019 & Joey B came along and had 65 TD’s and threw 76% lol. Absolutely ridiculous, idc who he had at the skill spots.

-2014 ... OC for Oregon. Coached Marcus Mariotta to a Heisman final and Oregon to the playoffs.
-2017 ... second year at UCF and took a team that in 2015 almost didn't win a game to 17-0.

That's why he was hired by Nebraska ... bringing an alum home. But it didn't work. Didn't have the athletes he had at UCF and had developed a huge problem with booze.
Wow, did not know he had a drinking problem on top of skirt chasing while at Nebraska. If those 2 are true, he’s the least we need right now at the 🙌. I have no issues with Coley IF he comes back as the WR coach. Elite recruiter that can help Mario keep the pedal to the floor on the recruiting trail. Otherwise, unless Mario really changes his stripes we are probably looking for another power spread type at OC.

Advertisement
So what’s Ferman’s excuse? And idgaf if he has a disability, I wasn’t talking about him. The people to who listen to him, they’re the ones with real disabilities.
Lol I really don’t think anyone takes Danny seriously. At least I’d hope not

one season does not make you one of the best college qbs in history. It means you had one of the best seasons in college football history and there is nothing wrong with that.

Cam was a supremely talented qb that had 1 fantastic season.

one season does not make you one of the best college qbs in history. It means you had one of the best seasons in college football history and there is nothing wrong with that.

Cam was a supremely talented qb that had 1 fantastic season.

The next time you’re right about something it’ll be the first time, so pretty much on point with this one.

Advertisement
100%. ****, Cam won one on his own with a far worse coaching staff & supporting cast.

Some think Cam is the best college QB ever, imagine if he had started for two years under Urban… We’d never hear the end of it.
U know it. Cam was truly a one man gang.

It was 1000% the best season that I had ever seen until 2019 & Joey B came along and had 65 TD’s and threw 76% lol. Absolutely ridiculous, idc who he had at the skill spots.
Joe B season is hands down the greatest season any QB has had in college football. Hands down. How anyone would argue is just doing so on some bias.
Cam season was obviously spectacular but even then it could be argued with other special seasons by other QB’s.
But Joe B season is unheard of

Appreciate the explanation. Is he a Chip Kelly disciple?

Pre-Nebraska, Frost's resume was about as good as you could possibly get. He played under Bill Wash and Tom Osborne, for whom he won the national championship. He was WR coach under Chip Kelly, was the OC for Oregon after Kelly went to the pros, then turned a winless UCF team into an undefeated one in a few years.

It's true that he **** the bed at Nebraska. And many of his games were sub-30 ppg. I don't have an explanation for it. His recruiting wasn't good, but it wasn't horrific either. You would think he was capable enough to score more.

Frost would be 10x the OC that Gattis was. But I definitely see the risks. I would rather have Mullen or Brady if either are even realistic names. He'd be in my second tier. But I could understand why Mario would find Frost to be a potentially good fit.
Was Heupel (sp?) the tenn coach Frost's OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back