The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
doesn’t he run the mesh option style offense? I really don’t know
Yeah that's what they run. What I love about him is that he always does way more with less. He's not working with a lot of talent at Wake, but his offenses put up Big #'s. I would expect him to adjust his scheme here with the talent he'd have. Additionally, I want someone that isn't in the Mario coaching tree. For example, I don't want Marcus Arroyo. Imho, the less hands on Mario is with our offense (except the OL of course), the better.

Some of us turn 71 and laugh at all you young pups and if age brings I’d trade some of that wisdom for less aches and pains…
kevin-hart-kevin.gif

Agreed. They would have definitely won at least 3
100%. ****, Cam won one on his own with a far worse coaching staff & supporting cast.

Some think Cam is the best college QB ever, imagine if he had started for two years under Urban… We’d never hear the end of it.

Advertisement
100%. ****, Cam won one on his own with a far worse coaching staff & supporting cast.

Some think Cam is the best college QB ever, imagine if he had started for two years under Urban… We’d never hear the end of it.
Who thinks cam is the best college qb ever? Are these people in mental institutions? If not they should be.

I would be shocked if the mario lets kevin smith or stephen field go (unless they are promoted elsewhere) so that leaves potentially 3 untouchable position coaches on the offensive staff (including mirabal)

wonder how many coordinators end up not being in the race because they can't bring their own guys

new guy will likely be able to hire just 1 person for WR

Which is why Arroyo (OC/QB) and Coley (WR) makes sense. Mirabel isn't going anywhere, and I'd assume the same for Field and Smith. Arroyo has worked with Mirabel, and most importantly, Cristobal before.

I'm not saying is my choice but I could see this happening.

Advertisement
Which is why Arroyo (OC/QB) and Coley (WR) makes sense. Mirabel isn't going anywhere, and I'd assume the same for Field and Smith. Arroyo has worked with Mirabel, and most importantly, Cristobal before.

I'm not saying is my choice but I could see this happening.
field was the recruiting director at oregon too, so arroyo has familiarity with him

not saying that it's going to be arroyo, just further elaborating your point

Not really well versed so can someone explain to me why people want Frost? He didn't impress as a HC (obviously) but I get the feeling for some reason he's not the dynamic OC most people think he is. No empirical proof really, and I could be wrong but he just has a look to em that I'm not buying. Am I wrong? Is he as good a people believe him to be?

Not really well versed so can someone explain to me why people want Frost? He didn't impress as a HC (obviously) but I get the feeling for some reason he's not the dynamic OC most people think he is. No empirical proof really, and I could be wrong but he just has a look to em that I'm not buying. Am I wrong? Is he as good a people believe him to be?
3 straight top 5 scoring offenses at Oregon with a Heisman winning QB (he was QBC) followed up by the #1 scoring offense at UCF doesn’t quite move the needle, eh?

Advertisement
Frost would be great and would bring the speed back to the offense. We just need to grab a top WR. Underwood would be nice. Need to get the weapons for TVD.

I had one conversation with James Coley when I was a high school coach and I instantly knew I understood football better than him—with a fraction of the experience.

That being said: he can talk like a mf. Before he left the office I wanted to give him a hug and send all our guys to FSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back