The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
whoever the wr coach is i would like him to have play calling experience. Cant have what we had this year when you have mario as a hc. When sh*t hits the fan we need 2 guys able to draw up plays...like Lashlee an Likens...we knew Gattis was sh*t right away and had to die a slow death the rest of the szn as no one else could call plays....maybe Ponce but he obviously got x'd out.

Advertisement
whoever the wr coach is i would like him to have play calling experience. Cant have what we had this year when you have mario as a hc. When sh*t hits the fan we need 2 guys able to draw up plays...like Lashlee an Likens...we knew Gattis was sh*t right away and had to die a slow death the rest of the szn as no one else could call plays....maybe Ponce but he obviously got x'd out.
Your OC has to be willing to work with the position coach though. Ponce had experience calling a successful offense at App State but Gattis wasn’t hearing that.

Advertisement
Exactly look at uga this year and last year..not only is the hc a defensive mind they had lanning, muschamp and schumman. Dabo had elliot,scott streeter for their natty team. Saban had lane, mario, napier and bobby williams one year, kirby mel tucker, lupoi on defense lmao.

im not saying we can duplicate that but people said mario rolodex was deep and he is well respected. Its time to build a great staff, thats where it all starts

Every time I see an image of Raiden it reminds me of that guy with the funny hat in Big Trouble in Little China.
big trouble in little china magic GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

How bout my girl tho🤣🤣🤣

Mullet more than Frost for me. I’m not liking Frost’s recent work.
I can see why, and like many of you, I myself have been waning back-and-forth on the thought of how these two and many other candidates could fit their style of offensive play in a Mario Cristobal coached Canes team. Ruthless recruiter, relateable/relationable--things we're hearing now and long-suspected that Gattis was not.

I need more time to reconcile Frost's last five years with historical examples of coaches who were better at coordinating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back