The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Again, your comment was about him not being able to win without great coordinators. We all agree that Arroyo and Avalon were awful coordinators. But yet they went 12-2, and those two losses were both by less than a touchdown. 12-2 with a Rose bowl victory is a great season at Oregon. But I know you won't admit that your original comment was horse****, so imma forget about it.

I'm dying for a season like that. If we get mad for going 12-2 then we truly are back

The problem with that logic is that you're only looking at upside without taking into account his known downside risk. The analysis is flawed and doesn't take into account the risk Mario takes in hiring a head case. If this wasn't Mario's mulligan and had been his first hire, the argument could be made that the risk is worth taking. He can't make that mistake the 2nd time around. It's a bad eval, particularly when there are other coaches out there who can solve for Miami's problem.

I am sorry, I simply must respectfully disagree. A coordinator position is night and day from a HC position. The issues you are referring to, and i am not even sure what they are to be honest, but lets just say its him being weird in interviews? There are less of those concerns as an OC IMO. Furthermore, as an OC, he has done nothing but dominate. Mario cannot mess the next hire up. Has to be someone that is a known commodity. When you get Lincoln Riley, you KNOW you are going to get a successful offense. Mullen is as close to that in terms of who is available.

I respect your opinion but again, i must disagree here

I’m sure it has been covered over these 45 pages, but what is the chancee Joe Brady would take an OC position in college? Especially in his home town

Advertisement
NOT BREAKING NEWS

the leading and only candidate sadly

D5F9864B-6BFE-4AF4-988F-FF2FB2ABEBCD.jpeg

so we ain’t fuccin we being ****ed

@MarioCristobal I will settle for adding an "Analyst" with extensive responsibilities re: teaching, our offensive design, and weekly game plan.

Advertisement
He was the one for me.

Friggin Wisconsin hired an air raid guy and Mario still wants to run out dated ground and pound offenses. When the best ground and pound team doesn’t even want to use that style anymore, what does that tell you?

Friggin Wisconsin hired an air raid guy and Mario still wants to run out dated ground and pound offenses. When the best ground and pound team doesn’t even want to use that style anymore, what does that tell you?

How I felt when Wisconsin takes my number 1 target for OC…. Considering I live in Madison WI now

1673097419800.gif

Advertisement
Hasn’t Alonzo intimated that he also prefers an Ole skool ground and pound offense straight out of the old NFC Central? Basically, a, “We’re so far behind, we’re ahead,” strategy, vis-a-vis offensive innovation?

Hasn’t Alonzo intimated that he also prefers an Ole skool ground and pound offense straight out of the old NFC Central? Basically, a, “We’re so far behind, we’re ahead,” strategy, vis-a-vis offensive innovation?
Well I guess they’ll both get to worship Woody Hayes on the unemployment line together.

I’m sure it has been covered over these 45 pages, but what is the chancee Joe Brady would take an OC position in college? Especially in his home town
Well he apparently was not interested a year ago when Mario spoke with him early on in his OC interview / hiring process. Was clearly reported that he had no interest in returning to college ball and preferred to remain in the NFL. So he basically took a QB coaching position rather that the OC position at UM a year ago. How long will Dorsey remain with the Bills? Would Brady prefer to stay with a shot at the OC position when Kenny leaves for a HC position? Probably a better shot at G. Riley. Just hope they DO get someone.

Well he apparently was not interested a year ago when Mario spoke with him early on in his OC interview / hiring process. Was clearly reported that he had no interest in returning to college ball and preferred to remain in the NFL. So he basically took a QB coaching position rather that the OC position at UM a year ago. How long will Dorsey remain with the Bills? Would Brady prefer to stay with a shot at the OC position when Kenny leaves for a HC position? Probably a better shot at G. Riley. Just hope they DO get someone.
Dorsey isnt leaving an NFL OC job with the best or second best team in the league for a mid tier programs OC role lol. **** be an NFL HC. thats his next move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back