The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
OC positions filled since the end of the season.

Alabama Birmingham Alex Mortensen
Auburn Philip Montgomery
Arizona State Beau Baldwin
Army Drew Thatcher
Boise State Bush Hadman
Cal Jake Spavital
Central Florida Darin Hanshaw
Cincy Tom Manning
Clemson Garret Riley
Coastal Carolina Travis Trickett
Colorado Sean Lewis
FAU Tom Herman HC/OC
GT Brent Key HC/OC
Kentucky Liam Cohen
Kent State Matt Johnson
Liberty Jeremy Chadwell HC/OC
Louisvile Jeff Brohm HC/OC
Miss St Kevin Barbay
Missouri Kirby Moore
Navy Grant Chestnut
Nebraska Marcus Satterfield
New Mexico Bryan Vincent
NC State Robert Anae
North Carolina Chip Lindsey
North Texas Eric Morris
Old Dominion Kevin Decker
Oregon Will Stein
Purdue Graham Harrell
Rutgers Kirk Ciarrocca
South Carolina Dowell Loggains
South Florida Alex Golesh HC/OC
Syracuse Jason Beck
Tennessee Joey Hazle
Texas A&M Bobby Petrino
Texas State Mack Leftwich
Tulsa Steve Spurrier Jr.
UNLV Brennan Marion
Western Michigan Billy Cosh
Wisconsin Phil Longo
FML 😏

OC positions filled since the end of the season.

Alabama Birmingham Alex Mortensen
Auburn Philip Montgomery
Arizona State Beau Baldwin
Army Drew Thatcher
Boise State Bush Hadman
Cal Jake Spavital
Central Florida Darin Hanshaw
Cincy Tom Manning
Clemson Garret Riley
Coastal Carolina Travis Trickett
Colorado Sean Lewis
FAU Tom Herman HC/OC
GT Brent Key HC/OC
Kentucky Liam Cohen
Kent State Matt Johnson
Liberty Jeremy Chadwell HC/OC
Louisvile Jeff Brohm HC/OC
Miss St Kevin Barbay
Missouri Kirby Moore
Navy Grant Chestnut
Nebraska Marcus Satterfield
New Mexico Bryan Vincent
NC State Robert Anae
North Carolina Chip Lindsey
North Texas Eric Morris
Old Dominion Kevin Decker
Oregon Will Stein
Purdue Graham Harrell
Rutgers Kirk Ciarrocca
South Carolina Dowell Loggains
South Florida Alex Golesh HC/OC
Syracuse Jason Beck
Tennessee Joey Hazle
Texas A&M Bobby Petrino
Texas State Mack Leftwich
Tulsa Steve Spurrier Jr.
UNLV Brennan Marion
Western Michigan Billy Cosh
Wisconsin Phil Longo
"My head hurts" -who

Saw this today from Roman, Clemson averaged 33.8/game and made a change. Miami averaged 19.4/game.

What's more important IMO is that Streeter, the OC Dabo canned after just 1 season actually improved Clemsons scoring offense from 24 PPG to 33 PPG. So a 9 PPG improvement in year 1 and Dabo says not so fast my friend, I want to play big boy CFB and when I can hire someone like Riley, I am making the move regardless of the vast improvememt the 1st year OC I just hired made.

Oh, and no hesitation by the way either by Dabo. When you want to compete for NCs, those are the kinds of decisions that MUST be made. Unfortunately, based on Mario's history at Oregon and here at UM thus far, he does not appear capable of moving in that manner.

Advertisement
What's more important IMO is that Streeter, the OC Dabo canned after just 1 season actually improved Clemsons scoring offense from 24 PPG to 33 PPG. So a 9 PPG improvement in year 1 and Dabo says not so fast my friend, I want to play big boy CFB and when I can hire someone like Riley, I am making the move regardless of the vast improvememt the 1st year OC I just hired made.

Oh, and no hesitation by the way either by Dabo. When you want to compete for NCs, those are the kinds of decisions that MUST be made. Unfortunately, based on Mario's history at Oregon and here at UM thus far, he does not appear capable of moving in that manner.

And Streeter is a guy that has been on Clemson's staff since 2015! Dropped him like a bad habit.

Here's a good name we should consider:

Josh Gattis. He was elite at Michigan! He should keep the job... forever? Yes, forever sounds good. Lets go!

Advertisement

Garrett's offense scored only 7 points against Georgia. I like Garrett too but slow down.

Advertisement
Garrett's offense scored only 7 points against Georgia. I like Garrett too but slow down.

There's nothing to slow down about.

First, it was one game. You are judging Riley on 1 game against the back to back, defending NCs who just so happen to have INFINITELY more talent on there roster compared to TCU? Riley had an incredible season at TCU as there OC. Season being the key word. He was one of the top 3 most in demand OC's.

More importantly than the above however is the facts I pointed out about Streeter's success in his 1st year as Clemson's OC, yet Dabo felt he could do even better and did just that without hesitation. Why? Because he believes that the addition of Riley will make Clemson that much better.

Firing your first year OC, who improved your offense dramatically from the year prior, because you feel Riley is a step above is BIG BOY decision making.

Advertisement

First, it was one game. You are judging Riley on 1 game against the back to back, defending NCs who just so happen to have INFINITELY more talent on there roster compared to TCU? Riley had an incredible season at TCU as there OC. Season being the key word. He was one of the top 3 most in demand OC's.

More importantly than the above however is the facts I pointed out about Streeter's success in his 1st year as Clemson's OC, yet Dabo felt he could do even better and did just that without hesitation. Why? Because he believes that the addition of Riley will make Clemson that much better.

Firing your first year OC, who improved your offense dramatically from the year prior, because you feel Riley is a step above is BIG BOY decision making.
When you place your program and winning above all, these are the types of moves you make. Geeky Dabo turned into Savage Dabo with the quickness. Also, look for Bama to go after DC Schumann because thats what big boy programs do.

Mario is still that kid hiding in the back during dodgeball while the top coaches are those racing to get the balls first.

I get it, but the suggestion that a 33 y/o who has been calling plays for 1 year is national-championship-caliber is a stretch because he doesn't have a history of doing that just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back