The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this really a possibility that he be let go or people here just fed up with him? Man when from Broyles award to a bum. He need to give that trophy back.

Advertisement
689EF007-DF70-4ED3-A263-D3C4D7B6CA1E.png

Here is the offensive leaderboard so far in cfb. It’s no secret. Look at the polls and look at this board. The ranked teams have the best offenses. You need to be explosive to win. Grinding out a 17 - 13 win while playing control ball and tough D isn’t the game.

What’s also telling is that you do not need to throw the ball 90% of the time to have an explosive offense. These leaders do have a rushing game. Tennesse has 1600 yards rushing. Some like UCF, UCLA, Ole Miss, Arky are actually quite balanced based on yardage on ground vs air.

Advertisement
Two other coaches I would mention would be Brian Johnson Eagles QBC and Dennis Simmons USC PGC/WRC.

Brian Johnson: Former Gators OC and Current Eagles QBC. Unlikely to take the job but we should still call.

Dennis Simmons: USC WR/PGC has never called plays but has been under offensive gurus Mike Leach and Lincoln Riley for long periods of time. Would probably be receptive to the job

How is Garrett Riley not #1 on everyone’s list? Appears to like to run the ball which Mario would love but also knows how to put up points. Seems like a no brainer to offer this guy $1.5M and make him say no.
At least for me it’s because I’m not sure how much credit goes to him and it’s not just sonny dykes. Would be his first time at a major school like Miami.

Advertisement
Added a few more names to the OP that have mentioned in the replies:

Garrett Riley: Younger brother of Lincoln. Has coordinated three offenses (including this season) and had the 15th, 10th and currently 3rd scoring offense.
Brian Hartline: Current Ohio State WR coach. Never coordinated on offense before, but is among the most elite recruiters. Can he run his own offense? Learned offense under some of the best in his time at Ohio State. Would need to leave his alma mater to further advance his career.
Phil Longo: Current UNC OC. Unlikely to leave UNC and their great young QB for a lateral position, but runs the type of offense that would thrive at Miami
Robert Anae: Well traveled OC. Has made stops at Hawaii, BYU, Arizona (under Rich Rod), Texas Tech (under Leach) and now Syracuse (under Dino Babers) among others.
Scott Satterfield: Current Louisville HC, previously App State's OC and the HC. Was also OC under Cristobal at FIU. Was flirting with the hot seat earlier this season after a slow start, but at 5-3 that's probably cooled off. Runs a spread that Miami needs.
Willy Korn: Current Coastal Carolina OC. Runs a read option and RPO modern offense that Miami has sorely been lacking. Huge part in that program's emergence.
Larry Fedora: Where the **** is he these days? Former UNC HC, Oklahoma State OC. Spread offense. Is he still interested in coaching?
Kevin Sumlin: Current HC of a team in the USFL. Is that where he wants to be? Another offensive mind that's learned the way of the spread offense.
Jason Candle: A name that was mentioned on our last search. Current Toledo HC. Similar to Satterfield came into the season possibly on the hot seat, but at 6-3 is probably safe where he's at.
Phillip Montgomery: Current Tulsa HC. Possibly on the hot seat with a 3-5 record this season, and sub .500 record as HC there. Former OC at Baylor under Briles so he knows the ways of the demonic veer n shoot offense.

Phil Longo making $900k, FUQIN half of what Gattis makes is the biggest travesty of the century

Attachments

• A88534C5-FEE8-4C31-9732-6ADB8F7F4725.png
    A88534C5-FEE8-4C31-9732-6ADB8F7F4725.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 17
View attachment 213670

Here is the offensive leaderboard so far in cfb. It’s no secret. Look at the polls and look at this board. The ranked teams have the best offenses. You need to be explosive to win. Grinding out a 17 - 13 win while playing control ball and tough D isn’t the game.

What’s also telling is that you do not need to throw the ball 90% of the time to have an explosive offense. These leaders do have a rushing game. Tennesse has 1600 yards rushing. Some like UCF, UCLA, Ole Miss, Arky are actually quite balanced based on yardage on ground vs air.
If Mario wants a tough running style team he would be best to look for an offense sundials to UGA. They control the ball, limit turnovers, integrate their tight ends very heavily and are ALSO explosive.

Sure they have top recruits that allow their offense to Hum the way it does but so does: Bama, OSU, Michigan, Tenn, USC etc

A spread of sorts built in with the run style of UGA would be ideal for Miami if Mario is hellbent on that smash mouth style of football

Advertisement
Is this really a possibility that he be let go or people here just fed up with him? Man when from Broyles award to a bum. He need to give that trophy back.
If we win this Sat and go on to win 7 games and a bowl then my money is on Gattis being back.

And I'm sure most people will be like "Well no worries because that ain't happening!" but those sentiments will largely change if we just beat a relatively mediocre FSU team.

I'd personally just bring Todd Haley home. Things would probably go south quick but at least it'd be humorous since him and his wife are big swingers.

Advertisement
If Mario wants a tough running style team he would be best to look for an offense sundials to UGA. They control the ball, limit turnovers, integrate their tight ends very heavily and are ALSO explosive.

Sure they have top recruits that allow their offense to Hum the way it does but so does: Bama, OSU, Michigan, Tenn, USC etc

A spread of sorts built in with the run style of UGA would be ideal for Miami if Mario is hellbent on that smash mouth style of football
Oh he’s hellbent………..but only getting bent over at this point

Mullen is an obvious candidate . My long shot and the guy whose offense I’ve always loved is Petrino. You’d have a guy with NFL HC experience next to Mario knocking some sense into him on gameday . I don’t think we can get him but I’d make the phone call . He’s in football Siberia right now and is getting up there in age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back