Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I agree Yost is intriguing, but didn't FIU really struggle on offense last year. You would assume if he was high in demand another P5 team would have hired him away by now. There's concern that maybe teams have caught up to what he does offensively.
Wrong...he's at FIU because someone in wife's family was ill. Has very little to work with at FIU. Why do people continously bring up FIU...and leave out his body of work at Utah St (where his offense averaged 50pts a game) and Missouri, where his offense was Dynamic both in passing and rushing.

I agree Yost is intriguing, but didn't FIU really struggle on offense last year. You would assume if he was high in demand another P5 team would have hired him away by now. There's concern that maybe teams have caught up to what he does offensively.
FIU actually over performed to what was expected coming off winning like 1 game in two years and the GAWD butch leaving it in shambles.

Reactions: ben
I've alluded to it in my posts here, but I honestly think this conversation has taken place:

AD Radakovich: "Mario, what about David Yost?"

Mario: "No way, too surfer. Im not hiring Jeff Spiccoli to call plays."

7aa0in.jpg

Advertisement
With the number of days remaining before spring camp, Mario will have no choice but to circle back to Kendal Briles and his no playbook FSU offense. It’s the only way to complete install in time for spring ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the number of days remaining before spring camp, Mario will have no choice but to circle back to Kendal Briles and his no playbook FSU offense. It’s the only way to complete install in time for spring ball.
you do realize he's the oc at TCU now, right?

Advertisement
Wrong...he's at FIU because someone in wife's family was ill. Has very little to work with at FIU. Why do people continously bring up FIU...and leave out his body of work at Utah St (where his offense averaged 50pts a game) and Missouri, where his offense was Dynamic both in passing and rushing.

I gotcha. I didn't realize why he was there exactly, but FIU didn't really set the world on fire offensively. I do remember his Offenses at Utah St and he was a hot name around here when we were trying to replace Enos. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Gattis, but don't see Mario going in that direction.

Crootin.
There are position coach spots available for recruiters. Obviously you need the right balance. I see no problem with having 2 DB coaches with 1 being a recruiter like DVD. What is the evidence supporting keeping Wright on staff?
with how poorly our players play, we need as many good coached as possible. DVD isn't a good coach, at least not yet. he's a great recruiter, but not coach. i would delay giving him an on the field job as much as possible. pay him equal to or more than a position coach, but leave him off the field for now.

I gotcha. I didn't realize why he was there exactly, but FIU didn't really set the world on fire offensively. I do remember his Offenses at Utah St and he was a hot name around here when we were trying to replace Enos. He'd definitely be an upgrade over Gattis, but don't see Mario going in that direction.
What direction is Mario going if I might ask....Backwards??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back