Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best recruiter still couldn't overcome his offensive perception and land a WR1. I agree he is a great recruiter, but he is undermining himself until he figure this out, and by then it may be too late. He is probably the most frustrating coach we have had.
This is the thing. We all know what he needs to do - hire a @Memnon -approved OC. He’s shooting himself in the foot if he replicates the last OC fail. How hard is it to realize the same **** isn’t getting him over the coaching success hump and to take a shot on someone different yet successful who can maximize our talent. I think you grow adding fresh perspectives.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20230205-172226_Chrome.jpg

From Jan 2022

depressed star wars GIF

It took less time for Guns N Roses to release Chinese Democracy than it's taking Cristobal to make his OC hire.

Last edited:
This is the thing. We all know what he needs to do - hire a @Memnon -approved OC. He’s shooting himself in the foot if he replicates the last OC fail. How hard is it to realize the same **** isn’t getting him over the coaching success hump and to take a shot on someone different yet successful who can maximize our talent. I think you grow adding fresh perspectives.
D7D369E6-7924-4A48-81DA-71EE2EE885C8.jpeg

You tryna get me shot???

We also don't know if the holdup is on UMs end or Candle's.

I would assume on Candle’s end since he is a priority for ND’s vacancy.

He’s in a good spot to ask for whatever he wants.

Advertisement
View attachment 228309

You tryna get me shot???
Lol sorry. It’s the simplest way for me to describe it. Like just hire Litrell. Is it that hard? This is the most frustrating thing for me. I’m literally watching a guy sabotage near guaranteed success…. Certainly if he follows up Gattis with another power football bro coordinator.

Diversity in thought. I have said this well before Mario came on our radar that the biggest risk hiring guys from the Saban tree is figuring out what lessons they learned. If it is how to build a program, that's great, but that carbon copy formula is only working at Georgia and maybe 1-2 other places. Mario needed to know that to modernize our program across the board, but my biggest fear was he missed the lesson on adapting with the times and left before that happened. I forget who on the board said this, but I keep coming back to this quote - for being a CEO head coach, he isn't a very good CEO. He needs to multi task better, adapt better, and be more decisive.

Advertisement
Let’s asume the deal was wrapped up by late Friday or sometime this weekend. It is understandable that Candle would like to speak with his staff and team on Monday.

With that said, if this isn’t announced or confirmed by a reputable insider that the deal is “done” by Monday, then it ain’t happening. It’s as simple as that…next man up.

Personally, I’m okay with the “next man up” route provided it’s somebody like Littrel or Frost. If the next man up is Arroyo or Coley then we are f^ked

Diversity in thought. I have said this well before Mario came on our radar that the biggest risk hiring guys from the Saban tree is figuring out what lessons they learned. If it is how to build a program, that's great, but that carbon copy formula is only working at Georgia and maybe 1-2 other places. Mario needed to know that to modernize our program across the board, but my biggest fear was he missed the lesson on adapting with the times and left before that happened. I forget who on the board said this, but I keep coming back to this quote - for being a CEO head coach, he isn't a very good CEO. He needs to multi task better, adapt better, and be more decisive.

He's one heck of an expensive recruiting coordinator up to this point.

Let’s asume the deal was wrapped up by late Friday or sometime this weekend. It is understandable that Candle would like to speak with his staff and team on Monday.

With that said, if this isn’t announced or confirmed by a reputable insider that the deal is “done” by Monday, then it ain’t happening. It’s as simple as that…next man up.

Personally, I’m okay with the “next man up” route provided it’s somebody like Littrel or Frost. If the next man up is Arroyo or Coley then we are f^ked

That’s my biggest concern…..dragging this out and still ending up with a ****** hire..

Advertisement
Lol sorry. It’s the simplest way for me to describe it. Like just hire Litrell. Is it that hard? This is the most frustrating thing for me. I’m literally watching a guy sabotage near guaranteed success…. Certainly if he follows up Gattis with another power football bro coordinator.
I agree...

The difficulty comes from the fact he really doesn’t believe in certain styles of Offense & therefore his OC searches come at a cost because if you don’t fit the criteria you’re not making the cut. So while us fans will scream to the high-heavens about (insert OC here) & how he’s got a really easy low salary & would make perfect sense, those guys 9/10 will not even be considered, hence why I don’t waste my time making OC lists anymore lol.

As I said in the last thread before it got closed, we just have to hope the hire is on the + side opposite end of the Gattless spectrum & we’ll be making Baby steps at best.

I wish someone would put a bug in his ear &get him to take a look at Barry Lunney Jr; he would fit really well with what THFSC wants to do & maximizes the run game as the crux of his Offense, while still having a functioning passing attack that can stretch the field when needed.

Advertisement
My guess is the taking so long will end up with Candle going to ND now, then it's either Arroyo or Chud.

That’s my biggest concern…..dragging this out and still ending up with a ****** hire..
@PIPO said this earlier in the nuked thread

If it takes him 6 months and he lands on the perfect hire then all is fine and well

But if it drags out and we end up with another Gattis then it’s a double gut punch. To this point that’s the only situation we really have to look at so now it’s like well…gonna have to prove that was a fluke then

If Candle was Mario’s top choice after being one of his top choices last year then all requests and contract terms should’ve been hammered out by Monday latest Wednesday with formal hiring announcement on Friday. If Candle then started dragging his feet because ND looked like it was becoming available then Mario should’ve moved on and been finalizing terms with his next choice this weekend. If not his process is broken and he immediately has to fix it.

1675648990269.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back