Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littrell and Leonhard please.
Unless Mullen or Frost are willing to take the OC position (doubtful), it may be ugly.

netflix downsize GIF by NailedIt

Advertisement
Advertisement
thats the same logic you used in defending strong. he hasn't coordinated a defense as a DC since 09. his Texas defenses were trash. he could have been hired as a DC last year anywhere but wasn't
bringing up randy shannon as a reason to not hire strong is dumb. strong is on staff already and was involved with steele heavily this year based on all reports, not to mention his recruiting reputation

i'm not saying there aren't candidates I'd like better but your response implying he would be a terrible hire is off base in my opinion

bringing up randy shannon as a reason to not hire strong is dumb. strong is on staff already and was involved with steele heavily this year based on all reports, not to mention his recruiting reputation

i'm not saying there aren't candidates I'd like better but your response implying he would be a terrible hire is off base in my opinion
im saying Mario saw strong unemployed last cycle and instead chose Steele to be his DC. that tells me everything I need to know tbh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The whole thing with Candle (to me) is would he be good/fine hire. Sure…nothing earth shattering.

But is he so much better than the other candidates that he merits to drag it this long…absolutely not.

LOL UNEMPLOYED? yeah https://www.espn.com/college-footba...and-hiring-kevin-steele-defensive-coordinator so unemployed. he was hired by another program to be a DC. Charlie strong was a position coach on urbans failed jag staff and got hired to be a position coach here after not landing another DC job
from the article YOU shared

"
Veteran defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, who has worked for some of the biggest names in the sport, is set to return to college football next season as Maryland's defensive coordinator, sources told ESPN.

Steele did not coach last season. "

okay sorry, he was employed by maryland for what, 2 weeks before we got him? and he didn't coach the year before that

so i apologize, he was not unemployed... . he was 2 long weeks into a job at maryland after not coaching for a year before we got him.. i bet he learned a lot in those 2 weeks that kept him fresh and up to your standards of being employed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back