The Bank (7/26)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Second of three secret visitors.
Oh My God Wow GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Literally only a little more than a decade ago, we would have maybe 5 guys committed headed into the Al Golden Camps in July. And we'd be grabbing lowwww level 3 stars trying to fill up the class so we might have a shot for a handful of 4 stars and maybe 1 5 star every three classes. Coley brought in more discipline, but programmatically we were still operating like a BC or Ga Tech, not like an FSU,, much less a Clemson or Bama.

Richt finally got our recruiting going in 2016 with Paradise camp. But even then, we didn't develop those longterm relationships needed to close, and he had a small recruiting staff and no budget to get the national elites. Manny was a major step back, complete lightweight when it came to recruiting, which shocks me given he was at Mississippi State and Texas before. He should have known what a good recruiting program looks like. At the same time, NIL hadn't passed yet (summer 2021), and Miami was not a bag school unlike MissSU and UTx. So as much as I hated the choice, I also feel like Manny was set up to fail.

Then Mario arrived, NIL was a thing, the boosters and college committed to rebuilding the program, and the clouds parted. And in 3 short years, we are exiting July with a Top 10 class with 20 guys committed while still hunting big game. The change is so dramatic it's almost hard to believe.

Advertisement
hmmmm.....I feel like we in the lead but I am no fortune teller these guesses fam I got no inside info. My **** aint gospel fam I guess like everybody else
Word. Going forward, no one recruit will make or break this program. The classes Mario has been putting together & culture being developed will elevate the competitiveness of the program; and when you mix in the ability to augment rosters via the portal it further elevates the opportunity to succeed without hitting on each & every recruit you want.

Going hard in fall camp & playing well 8/31 means way more than any individual commit, because winning football games will elevate recruiting & ultimately compound success.

Last edited:
Mallory is a stud-Would love him to be a Cane.

Ffrench would great addition.

Fitzgerald outstanding player-Hope we can get him.

Advertisement
Back