The Bank (7/17)

View as article
Yes. Several of them, actually.

View attachment 295344
🤝

GIF by NBA

Advertisement

Also to say Mario is NOT elite just because the #1 player in Florida decides to go elsewhere two years in a row completely discredits what he has done (albeit some of his own undoing)...

For 2024 here were the class rankings and records:

1. UGA 13-1
2. Bama 12-2
3. Oregon 12-2
4. Miami 7-6
5. OSU 11-2
6. Texas 12-2
7. LSU 10-3
8. OU 10-3
9. ND 10-3

notice an outlier? If he isnt elite, idk if anyone currently is since Saban retired.

Advertisement
Yes. Several of them, actually. You walked right into that one bud. I guess he isn’t elite either.

@Jesscane

4 of out the last 5 classes the top player in Georgia has left the state

20- Will Anderson
22- Travis Hunter
23- Caleb Downs
24- Dyan Raiola

Think even Manny did better than that lol.

Seems to be a level we can't get to with elite level skill player recruits. Just win baby!

Advertisement
That whole great season **** is a myth if this doesnt prove that then what does
it is a weird dynamic because on one hand I agree with you and have seen you post elsewhere the whole win and they will come myth is overplayed.

However, while I do not necessarily believe win and they will come, I do believe lose and they wont come lol

it is a weird dynamic because on one hand I agree with you and have seen you post elsewhere the whole win and they will come myth is overplayed.

However, while I do not necessarily believe win and they will come, I do believe lose and they wont come lol
Thats funny though lol

but in all seriousness look at UGA winning natty's and losing top Georgia talent. When guys want to leave they just leave its that simple. I think the winning thing is cause thats kids go to excuse to not get backlash from the city, thats all that is. They dont want the fans on their *** (pause) so its a go to media excuse so fans can ease up on the betrayal noise.

Advertisement
That whole great season **** is a myth if this doesnt prove that then what does

Generally speaking, I think you are right.

SPECIFICALLY...for THIS kid...a legacy...a kid who wants to see UM win...it might make more of a difference TO HIM than it does to most other recruits.

I know success has a lot to do with it but do you think Kirby Smart would lose the top player in Georgia? I will concede that if Mario can get us to match Georgia’s and Ohio State’s success we could have another conversation

You serious? Top GA players leave the state all the time.

Advertisement

It's actually very similar to the pattern we saw under Coker and Shannon and Golden and Manny (Richt was not around long enough to see the downturn).

All of those coaches started out with some good classes in Years 1, 2, and/or 3. And then juuuuuust when we would hit the high water mark with each coach, we would start to backslide on the field and in recruiting.

Not sure if it was a direct cause-effect situation, but I think when recruits saw that we had topped out on our mediocre turnaround under each coach, they lost faith and stopped committing.

4 of out the last 5 classes the top player in Georgia has left the state

20- Will Anderson
22- Travis Hunter
23- Caleb Downs
24- Dyan Raiola

Think even Manny did better than that lol.
Just like in Florida and the city of Miami, most of the top players in Georgia come from metro Atlanta.

Many, not all, metro Atlanta kids don’t grow up as UGA fans and many, not all, don’t care for the UGA reputation, along with their parents. The kids from smaller towns in middle and South Georgia are the big UGA fans.

I’m not at all surprised that many of the kids from Buford aren’t going to UGA. It is just the reality of this State, which is pretty divided between the island of metro Atlanta, and the state of Georgia. See any election map if you aren’t sure what I mean.

The bigger Atlanta becomes, the more you should expect the Atlanta players to leave the state to play sports. And if you include basketball, UGA and GTech literally cannot pay Georgia kids enough money to play for either in-state school,

Advertisement
Back