The Bank (7/17)

View as article
Generally speaking, I think you are right.

SPECIFICALLY...for THIS kid...a legacy...a kid who wants to see UM win...it might make more of a difference TO HIM than it does to most other recruits.
Or maybe they dont want local heat and wanted to leave anyway. Maybe they fell in love with Oregons staff (which is fine and normal) and still dont want that heat lol. And your post can be possible as well

Advertisement
The atmosphere in hard rock will be second to none when fans realize UM is good. So people can throw that atmosphere **** in the garbage
You guys just don't get it. Yes, occasionally Hard Rock will rock, but even in our glory years, the Orange Bowl was seldom sold out, though it was plenty loud. Some of these kids want that game-day atmosphere that we will never have...the sold-out stadiums even against Bethune Cookman and Savannah States of the world. being treated like rock stars, etc. That simply doesn't happen at UM for a variety of reasons

You guys just don't get it. Yes, occasionally Hard Rock will rock, but even in our glory years, the Orange Bowl was seldom sold out, though it was plenty loud. Some of these kids want that game-day atmosphere that we will never have...the sold-out stadiums even against Bethune Cookman and Savannah States of the world. being treated like rock stars, etc. That simply doesn't happen at UM for a variety of reasons
only 1/2 of your post is accurate. Yes, even when we are good we likely do not sell out Bethune or even a team like Wake. We do not have that traditional college atmosphere.

However, when the Canes are good (and sometimes even when they are not if you are still that dude) you 100% get treated like a rock star and a true rock star in the city of MIAMI compared to a rock star at some frat house and a free meal at Kenny Stabler's steakhouse.

team america vomit GIF

Advertisement
Just like in Florida and the city of Miami, most of the top players in Georgia come from metro Atlanta.

Many, not all, metro Atlanta kids don’t grow up as UGA fans and many, not all, don’t care for the UGA reputation, along with their parents. The kids from smaller towns in middle and South Georgia are the big UGA fans.

I’m not at all surprised that many of the kids from Buford aren’t going to UGA. It is just the reality of this State, which is pretty divided between the island of metro Atlanta, and the state of Georgia. See any election map if you aren’t sure what I mean.

The bigger Atlanta becomes, the more you should expect the Atlanta players to leave the state to play sports. And if you include basketball, UGA and GTech literally cannot pay Georgia kids enough money to play for either in-state school,
Fair, but doesn’t explain losing a Jefferson kid from like 20 minutes away lol

Lanning as put some good Defensive players in NFL, we have to prove we can.
Kayvon T, Bain will be and plenty others will be. Wasnt the giants 1st rounder at corner from Oregon? Dont know if he was a Mario guy I have no clue

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think there’s any doubt Mario is an outstanding recruiter but he’s not elite. An elite recruiter doesn’t let the best player in the state leave Florida 2 years in a row. One in his backyard and the other with family ties to the Canes. Frustrating
He is absolutely an elite recruiter, but he's also trying to build a team that is currently and has for decades been far from elite. Some of you all seem to think he's supposed to kidnap the kids or something.

I know success has a lot to do with it but do you think Kirby Smart would lose the top player in Georgia? I will concede that if Mario can get us to match Georgia’s and Ohio State’s success we could have another conversation
If Kirby were at Georgia while Georgia was just starting to re emerge as a national power and had yet to prove itself, absolutely he would lose the top player in GA to more established programs that have a quicker chance at success and equal or better NIL.

Advertisement
By pops comments it makes sense

Relationship with position coach = Raymond

Wants to play on big stages in big environments = LSU Death Valley / SEC

Competition play the best - that’s SEC propaganda

Feel like we can flip him from LSU

Advertisement
Back