Thad Franklin Shuts Down the Rumors

SIAP
IMG_20200724_120106.webp

Advertisement
No official numbers, but eye test is in the 4.6 range.

But RB's don't have to be Blazers to be effective, the kid rushed for over 2200yds vs good Broward comp without having world class track speed.

His footwork, vision & balance is what makes him a great RB, he's a natural athlete that plays Basketball & that's where you see him excel at the most is with his footwork & agility to make cuts & transition with fluidity & quickness. He won't beat too many in a straight line race, but in terms of lateral movement & taking angles while running with a low center of gravity he's very good at that. Usually taller backs tend to run straight up & are too high, but he actually runs with good pad level & can lower his shoulder to be a bruiser making tough runs.

My comparison for him in his commit thread was Kareem Hunt, neither one is super fast but both are big sized power backs who are highly productive.

Exactly. People should not confuse lack of track speed for lack of athleticism. Franklin is a good basketball player and former quarterback. In many ways, he is more athletic than the other RBs on our roster.

Add that to his size (a natural and lean 220) and his historic production, and you have an elite running back prospect.

Exactly. People should not confuse lack of track speed for lack of athleticism. Franklin is a good basketball player and former quarterback. In many ways, he is more athletic than the other RBs on our roster.

Add that to his size (a natural and lean 220) and his historic production, and you have an elite running back prospect.
Like what you’re saying. But more athletic than don’s freak high jump numbers ?

I haven't scoured the nation, but it's really hard for me to believe that are 11-14 RBs better than Thad, which is what Rivals and 24/7 claim. That seems BS to me. The kid reminds me of a Marshawn Lynch type back, or some of the big-time Wisconsin backs. I can't wait to see him slice through opposing lines like a hot knife through butter.

Chaney, Knighton and Franklin are going to be special for the next 4 years. The first two are home run threats every time they touch the ball. And with Thad, we'll finally be able to not sweat the short yardage and 3rd-down conversions any more (I know he offers a lot more than this, just saying that's his "money" skill).

p.s., We are recruiting defensive ends, safeties and running backs at an elite level, sometimes tight ends. It's beginning to look like the Miami of old. But we need the QBs and DTs to follow, and we need a lot more depth.

Advertisement
I haven't scoured the nation, but it's really hard for me to believe that are 11-14 RBs better than Thad, which is what Rivals and 24/7 claim. That seems BS to me. The kid reminds me of a Marshawn Lynch type back, or some of the big-time Wisconsin backs. I can't wait to see him slice through opposing lines like a hot knife through butter.

Chaney, Knighton and Franklin are going to be special for the next 4 years. The first two are home run threats every time they touch the ball. And with Thad, we'll finally be able to not sweat the short yardage and 3rd-down conversions any more (I know he offers a lot more than this, just saying that's his "money" skill).

p.s., We are recruiting defensive ends, safeties and running backs at an elite level, sometimes tight ends. It's beginning to look like the Miami of old. But we need the QBs and DTs to follow, and we need a lot more depth.
I actually saw some of their films. Great backs out there but none with the size and speed as Thad.
It reminds when we wanted Brooks and He was ranked in the 20’s. I kept saying there is no fckng way there are over 20 receivers ranked higher. Then he got that bama bump.
Same with arroyo until he got that bump. Arroyo is as fast as wide outs and blocks like lineman.

Advertisement
Franklin says after Miami coaches learned of his interest in FSU that they were straight up in telling him they would have to start recruiting other running backs.

“It’s a business, so…” Franklin said. “They still want one more running back anyway.”

It’s likely that either Amari Daniels or Yulkeith Brown come on board.

“I’m okay with that,” Franklin said. “It is what it is. I have to come in and work.”

Now this is the Miami way. A UM offer/scholarship has to be worth something...

Advertisement
hey Henry was a 4.55 guy and he kills the NFL. I thought it was cause of bamas OL he was productive, **** nah that dudes a load and tough af. Hope Thad is like that, im assuming it will take more then one guy to bring him down

Don’t you have to have good to great breakaway speed to be an “elite running back prospect”?

Advertisement
Franklin says after Miami coaches learned of his interest in FSU that they were straight up in telling him they would have to start recruiting other running backs.

“It’s a business, so…” Franklin said. “They still want one more running back anyway.”

It’s likely that either Amari Daniels or Yulkeith Brown come on board.

“I’m okay with that,” Franklin said. “It is what it is. I have to come in and work.”
THEY PUT THE PRESS ON THAT ***

u just got to be able to run away from the ACC lol
He can do that somewhat at the highschool level but guys get bigger faster and stronger in college so maybe those breakaway runs might not always be there. I like franklins game but as a bigger back 6’1 220 plus i kind of wish he had speed like gus Edwards did at that size(who was criminally underused at Miami by the way)

Advertisement
Back