Thad Franklin Shuts Down the Rumors

Advertisement
Can we end the Thad bashing on here now? I’ve seen some insanely dumb takes about him since he gave that interview with rivals. Look, Brantley is the exception not the rule. Most kids aren’t going to shut it down as soon as they commit. Thad is elite and will be an impact player early.
EXACTLY- There is a absolutely no reason to bash any commits- not just Thad. IF and when a player de-commits then yes have a go at it. But as long as they are wearing the U lets show some respect.

I think this was
I’m sure the staff gave him the ultimatum.

I’m still waiting till the ink dries to feel comfortable here
Agree on both your points, but I want to add a 3rd factor. Some of the local S Fla studs who have committed to UM probably told him that this class is going to be special but it needs a stud RB and he's the best there is. They probably also told him to stop ******* around and get with the program.
None of that is to discount the impact of the staff but to highlight my opinion that a lot of what is happening this year is behind the scenes between the players. I give the staff the most credit for getting the alphas in S Fla who have then pushed a lot of right buttons.

Advertisement
I like Daniels but there’s really no point of taking him... give me Yul all day.
With RB you never know , injuries and transfer are possible so why not give amari Daniels , just like the Lorenzo and cam situation, everybody thought Zo was the future and cam was the afrethought and look how things changed

Advertisement
I stopped following all things recruiting when the pandemic started, I think I should probably stay out of the loop because this staff is hot on the trail right now..

Good idea. There has been a dead period for recruiting since March. Nothing is happening and no new verbal commits have been reported...

FOR F$U!

Advertisement
The klumpson recipe yall give them so much credit. A good 10 year run and now all a sudden they are the team everyone wants to emulate. Nope
I’m 25 years old brother. I would like to see us be good for 10 years of my life. You’re right

How fast is franklin?
No official numbers, but eye test is in the 4.6 range.

But RB's don't have to be Blazers to be effective, the kid rushed for over 2200yds vs good Broward comp without having world class track speed.

His footwork, vision & balance is what makes him a great RB, he's a natural athlete that plays Basketball & that's where you see him excel at the most is with his footwork & agility to make cuts & transition with fluidity & quickness. He won't beat too many in a straight line race, but in terms of lateral movement & taking angles while running with a low center of gravity he's very good at that. Usually taller backs tend to run straight up & are too high, but he actually runs with good pad level & can lower his shoulder to be a bruiser making tough runs.

My comparison for him in his commit thread was Kareem Hunt, neither one is super fast but both are big sized power backs who are highly productive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No official numbers, but eye test is in the 4.6 range.

But RB's don't have to be Blazers to be effective, the kid rushed for over 2200yds vs good Broward comp without having world class track speed.

His footwork, vision & balance is what makes him a great RB, he's a natural athlete that plays Basketball & that's where you see him excel at the most is with his footwork & agility to make cuts & transition with fluidity & quickness. He won't beat too many in a straight line race, but in terms of lateral movement & taking angles while,running with a low,center of gravity he's very good at that. Usually taller backs tend to run straight up & are too high, but he actually runs with good pad level & can lower his shoulder to be a bruiser making tough runs.

My comparing for him in his commit thread was Kareem Hunt, neither one is super fast but both are big sized power backs who are highly productive.

Dudes in Sfla know what’s up , he’s a grown *** man that runs like such. Violence , north ,south and punishes the defenders if they try to go head up. The amount of “ business decisions” I’ve seen on his tape is hilarious.

He’s not a blazer but he’s not slow , I see baby beast mode. I’ve been leading the charge for him being a must get , so hopefully this finishes his attention whoring off, and that’s all it was. I didn’t see him bouncing.

Advertisement
Back