Thad Franklin Shuts Down the Rumors

Advertisement
The bad boys of college football are coming back. And we are bringing **** with us
I'm 50 and I thought the party was over for my lifetime. There are a lot of green shoots springing out of this program currently. Thank god for Manny's connections in the city. I have to think that our program is receiving "support" it hasn't had in many many years (decades). People can say what they will about Manny (and Enos was a terrible friggin hire), but he is going down shooting his shot. If he doesn't work out, he won't have many regrets. If he works out, all is about to be right in college football. This KY boy is getting excited to see Howard's program come back from the ashes.

I’d still keep in touch with Daniels. Who knows what can happen. I really like the kid & wouldn’t be mad at all if he ended up here. I just think we may have bigger fish to fills those spots up.

Advertisement
Franklin shut it down.. and spots are tight and some new guys want in with this momentum we have..I don’t think we’ll lose contact with him but I think we aiming for other things now

I’ve been posting for a month or two that I didn’t believe ivins saying Daniels was a take , it was just a safety net in case Thad continued to act froggy.

Purely a backup plan.

Advertisement
I’ve been posting for a month or two that I didn’t believe ivins saying Daniels was a take , it was just a safety net in case Thad continued to act froggy.

Purely a backup plan.
I never had any actual clue there it just seemed to be common sense to me.

I read he’s thinking about transferring to a public school to enroll early. Does anyone have an idea of what public school he’d transfer to ?

He can do it in spot duty, but if depth gets scarce for whatever reason, can he step up game after game and play RB? There's a difference between taking snaps at RB and playing RB.
Of course there is a difference but with the room we are building it would take an avalanche of bad luck to get to that point.

Advertisement
Of course there is a difference but with the room we are building it would take an avalanche of bad luck to get to that point.
Cam goes pro, Burns grad transfers out, one of Chaney/Knighton/Franklin go down. The first two are very possible. Injuries happen at RB. I wouldn't call that an avalanche.

I think this is a good sign... Unsure of what is being told but Andy and Thad both had been hyping up some other schools and I find it no coincidence that they both shut it down within 12 hours of one another.

Savion Collins is on deck...we either get a "shutting it down" tweet or...

Advertisement
I’ve heard Deerfield tossed around. I only see that happening if there isn’t a high school season
Gotcha makes sense. Do you think if there isn’t a season a lot of kids do the same so they can start college earlier ?

Cam goes pro, Burns grad transfers out, one of Chaney/Knighton/Franklin go down. The first two are very possible. Injuries happen at RB. I wouldn't call that an avalanche.
That would take two things happening after this season that aren’t guarantees. And if worse comes to worse we can adjust the offense to go 4-5 wide every play. If you really want to get crazy, Brashard Smith and Restrepo can play that hybrid running back role as well. They both have a sturdy enough build to do it.

Gotcha makes sense. Do you think if there isn’t a season a lot of kids do the same so they can start college earlier ?
I could see it with some kids but the issue is that kids who are at private schools weren’t planning on graduating early. They aren’t taking summer classes or online classes to get ahead by one semester. That means kids would essentially have to take an entire years work load in just one semester. That’s a lot.

Man you can use Yul so many ways even if he’s not a tradition running back you can do so many things to get the ball in his hands. I think Daniels is more of the traditional back. Gonna be interesting. Daniels has said things that make me think he’s coming. That “ we have stuff in the bag i won’t say any more” makes me wonder. This is gonna be fun

Advertisement
Back