Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Couldn’t see the Tesla event as im in the middle of moving. Anyone catch it? Impressions?
Yes. Optimus is very impressive for being in its infancy. Their making rapid progress every day. The robocab is sharp. What I was most excited about is the robovan, which seats 20, or carries cargo.

Having Optimus pull up in a robovan, get out and unload cargo is mind boggling.

Six years from now? With all the logistical and safety concerns that would have to be overcome? That’s a bold prediction.

There are driverless taxis in a few already. I didn’t say they would be everywhere and I didn’t say they would fully replace every driver. I just think that within 6 years we will see it available in most major cities. If human acceptance grows, it will keep spreading and those drivers will be in trouble. Hard to predict

There are driverless taxis in a few already. I didn’t say they would be everywhere and I didn’t say they would fully replace every driver. I just think that within 6 years we will see it available in most major cities. If human acceptance grows, it will keep spreading and those drivers will be in trouble. Hard to predict
I’m still waiting for my flying car that I was supposed to be able to get starting in the year 2000.

Advertisement
300k taxi drivers and 3m Uber/lyft drivers better start figuring out their next jobs. By 2030, I suspect most major cities will have driverless taxi services.
But the main advantage to Uber drivers is that they provide and maintain their vehicles. Imagine going from next to zero infrastructure to a massive fleet of vehicles and garages and mechanics and engineers to maintain both automation and vehicle mechanics??

Other than DJT, any stocks yall are looking at these days? BRK has been buying up SIRI share, so that's always worth a thought.

Advertisement
But the main advantage to Uber drivers is that they provide and maintain their vehicles. Imagine going from next to zero infrastructure to a massive fleet of vehicles and garages and mechanics and engineers to maintain both automation and vehicle mechanics??

Do you really think Uber drivers maintain their vehicles? Tesla already has to have the infrastructure to maintain their customer cars. The garages and human-less charging stations are the bigger needs. This adds volume to help improve their infrastructure.

Do you really think Uber drivers maintain their vehicles? Tesla already has to have the infrastructure to maintain their customer cars. The garages and human-less charging stations are the bigger needs. This adds volume to help improve their infrastructure.
Go ahead and educate me. I thought they did.

Advertisement
I've been in enough Uber rides with>100k mile vehicles, bald tires, engine lights on...
Then I guess he got bad ratings. I bet that driver replaces his oil and tires before the self driving vehicle.

Then I guess he got bad ratings. I bet that driver replaces his oil and tires before the self driving vehicle.

I bet the self-driving EV doesn't have to change the oil. Tires are rated for miles and these EVs are connected so it is pretty easy to determine when the tires need to be replaced.

I bet the self-driving EV doesn't have to change the oil. Tires are rated for miles and these EVs are connected so it is pretty easy to determine when the tires need to be replaced.
The EV, yes. Even so, the driver foots the bill for purchasing a vehicle. Its fuel. Tire replacement. Anything else that breaks.

There will still be a business model for ride sharing for a very long time.

Advertisement
Back