Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

The EV, yes. Even so, the driver foots the bill for purchasing a vehicle. Its fuel. Tire replacement. Anything else that breaks.

There will still be a business model for ride sharing for a very long time.

I don't disagree. I'm not sold that the majority of the population will be accepting of AI, driverless cars,...

That said- removing the cost of humans is a massive factor to the overall cost of ride sharing. People tend to vote with their wallets so if robotaxis are 20-30% less, I could see more people accepting them even if they hate them.

Advertisement
Just watched it. I actually like what I see. Progress on the Optimus. I added a few shares today but hope it goes under $200 to add more.
NVDA will hit 200 sooner than later….that is what I’ve been accumulating.

NVDA will hit 200 sooner than later….that is what I’ve been accumulating.
DJT just became my biggest holding (not recommending it, it’s a complete spec play, but if it hits I’m a trumpinaire.) Nvidia is my 2nd biggest holding, Tesla is my #3. Tesla at under $200 is a bargain imo. NFA. But yes Nvidia is a beast. I had to sell a little for the house I just bought.

Advertisement
Motley Fool …possible boost for NVDA
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE: TSM), commonly referred to as TSMC, is the world's largest contract semiconductor foundry and is responsible for the vast majority of AI chips, producing an estimated 90% of the world's most advanced processors. Nvidia ranks among TSMC's biggest customers, accounting for about 11% of the company's sales in 2023 -- though that number is likely higher now. As such, TSMC's performance will likely be a canary in the coal mine, providing insight into the trajectory of Nvidia's results.

TSMC is scheduled to release its third-quarter financial report on Thursday, and the available evidence suggests the results will be robust.

Too lazy to read if it has been discussed here before. Why does Tesla accept only dogecoin? Musk praised it for the low transaction fees and Solana is the same, especially since pumpfun blunder has been making it more accessible. He would really benefit from diving into the NFT side of crypto.

Last edited:
08:30 USD NY Empire State Manufacturing Index (Oct) -11.90 3.40 11.50
Bearish for dollar

Advertisement
Tomorrow
Jobless claims
Philly Fed Manufacturing
Retail sales
I’m wondering how the hurricanes affected retail sales considering the number of states involved.

Advertisement
08:30 USD Continuing Jobless Claims 1,867K 1,870K 1,858K
08:30 USD Core Retail Sales (MoM) (Sep) 0.5% 0.1% 0.2%
08:30 USD Initial Jobless Claims 241K 241K 260K
08:30 USD Jobless Claims 4-Week Avg. 236.25K 231.50K
08:30 USD Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index (Oct) 10.3 4.2 1.7

Retail sales up = driving growth
Manufacturing Index up
Jobless Claims down
Strong numbers

Last edited:
Advertisement
Amazon’s,in office, 5 day work week…

One of Amazon’s top executives defended the new, controversial 5-day-per-week in-office policy on Thursday, saying those who do not support it can leave for another company.
Speaking at an all-hands meeting for AWS, unit CEO Matt Garman said nine out of 10 workers he has spoken with support the new policy, which takes effect in January, according to a transcript reviewed by Reuters.
Those who do not wish to comply can quit, he indicated.
“If there are people who just don’t work well in that environment and don’t want to, that’s okay, there are other companies around,” said Garman.

08:30 USD Building Permits (MoM) (Sep) -2.9% 4.6%
08:30 USD Building Permits (Sep) 1.428M 1.450M 1.470M
08:30 USD Housing Starts (MoM) (Sep) -0.5% 7.8%
08:30 USD Housing Starts (Sep) 1.354M 1.350M 1.361M
Building permits down
Housing Starts September up

Housing starts are homes being constructed
Building permits are permits for construction

Advertisement
Back