Stephen Morris....Yikes

I've never been a Stephen Morris hater and I think he played decently tonight all things considered...but this is just not a good look:

"I was hungry. Grabbed a Snickers." Stephen Morris' opening comments after biting into a Snickers bar.

"I'm not worried about it ... You win some you lose some."

"I want to say to Coach Golden and David Case, thank you for the new uniforms!"

That's loser talk right there.

Advertisement
I've never been a Stephen Morris hater and I think he played decently tonight all things considered...but this is just not a good look:

"I was hungry. Grabbed a Snickers." Stephen Morris' opening comments after biting into a Snickers bar.

"I'm not worried about it ... You win some you lose some."

"I want to say to Coach Golden and David Case, thank you for the new uniforms!"

Why are we surprised by this. He was one of the kids throwing snow balls on the sidelines. Remember his quotes prior to the FSU game, talking about how excited he was to watch Jameis play and that our D was going to be in for a long night. Kid sounded like he was ready to grab some popcorn and sit in the stands with the FSU section. I will say that I think he tries hard in the games. He puts forth effort, so I dont think these comments really effect him in the games but I dont like hearing garbage like that. No point in ever saying this out loud whether u believe it or not.

He's an artsy metrosexual type kid who just happened to have a strong arm. I get the feeling he doesn't even care about football. He's definitely not a football junkie like an AJ McCarron.

He should be benched for those comments. He should never take another snap at UM.

If his play hasn't gotten him benched. These comments won't do it either.

Golden doesn't want to **** on his chosen captain, and his draft stock.

He should be benched for those comments. He should never take another snap at UM.

If his play hasn't gotten him benched. These comments won't do it either.

Golden doesn't want to **** on his chosen captain, and his draft stock.

The above all day long. He has been like that ever since he became the starter. If the ankle was not going to keep him on the sideline, then the comments are not going to change that either.

Advertisement
Stephen Morris is handling it the best way his team should, it would be more of a problem to act like how fans act over losses. He didnt have a bad game at all and the offense did enough for this team to have played w/ a lead at some point even w/ all the missed opportunities. The defense is sinking this ship more then anything else.

That's some soft shoulder **** right there. Don't try to push this **** to one side or the other. The entire team(not just players)****ed this **** up tonight.

No one unit is better than the other, and nobody did enough tonight to win.

The offense did more then enough to win even w/ the multiple dropped balls.... the defense choked this game away simple as that. The 1st two turnovers on STs still didnt have to lead to 14 points on the scoreboard b/c VT wasnt in scoring range either time.

You can be stubborn all you want 2 b/c you've been defending D'onofrio and this defense while trashing the offense but it's time to just wake up in reality now.

Yeah, i just been on here pro D'onofrio.

Try to pin it all on the defense, but this offense is hot trash. Just like it's counter part.

Coley better get his head out of his *** quick, and think like Fisch. Or at some point he will go down with his boss, and D'onofrio

Even w/ the drops Stephen Morris threw for 326 yards against VTs "great" secondary.... Herb and Walford dropped balls in the rain, but still the defense was 100x more of the problem then anything. The offense did enough even w/ the missed opportunities, they had to abandon the run all together b/c VT's offense kept increasing the lead. That's on the defense.

165 of his yards came on 2 plays so it wasn't a transcendent performance and exum was hurt early. that being said, i don't put the loss on morris because there were a ton of drops that weren't on him and bad passes are expected in the rain. thomas was able to dink and dunk, and we kept trying to throw longer passes. at the end of the day, when you can't break 30 yards rushing, you deserve to lose.

That's some soft shoulder **** right there. Don't try to push this **** to one side or the other. The entire team(not just players)****ed this **** up tonight.

No one unit is better than the other, and nobody did enough tonight to win.

The offense did more then enough to win even w/ the multiple dropped balls.... the defense choked this game away simple as that. The 1st two turnovers on STs still didnt have to lead to 14 points on the scoreboard b/c VT wasnt in scoring range either time.

You can be stubborn all you want 2 b/c you've been defending D'onofrio and this defense while trashing the offense but it's time to just wake up in reality now.

Try to pin it all on the defense, but this offense is hot trash. Just like it's counter part.

Coley better get his head out of his *** quick, and think like Fisch. Or at some point he will go down with his boss, and D'onofrio

Even w/ the drops Stephen Morris threw for 326 yards against VTs "great" secondary.... Herb and Walford dropped balls in the rain, but still the defense was 100x more of the problem then anything. The offense did enough even w/ the missed opportunities, they had to abandon the run all together b/c VT's offense kept increasing the lead. That's on the defense.

165 of his yards came on 2 plays so it wasn't a transcendent performance and exum was hurt early. that being said, i don't put the loss on morris because there were a ton of drops that weren't on him and bad passes are expected in the rain. thomas was able to dink and dunk, and we kept trying to throw longer passes. at the end of the day, when you can't break 30 yards rushing, you deserve to lose.

lol bro you can continue to point the finger at Morris and the offense all you want b/c u had a hard on for defending D'onofrio to death but if you had any clue about football, you wouldve been able to easily see that Stephen Morris was nowhere near the problem against VT last night.

He made timely throws in heavy rain, like i said the receivers besides Allen Hurns missed a lot of opportunities that were on them, but even w/ that being the case..... ur boy D'onofrio owns 100% of the blame for this loss.

lol bro you can continue to point the finger at Morris and the offense all you want b/c u had a hard on for defending D'onofrio to death but if you had any clue about football, you wouldve been able to easily see that Stephen Morris was nowhere near the problem against VT last night.

He made timely throws in heavy rain, like i said the receivers besides Allen Hurns missed a lot of opportunities that were on them, but even w/ that being the case..... ur boy D'onofrio owns 100% of the blame for this loss.

reading comprehension must not be one of your strong suits. i literally said that i didn't blame morris for the loss because of drops and a rainy game. the bigger problem on offense was being unable to run.

Advertisement
Why should he give a ****. He has a fan base that is trashing him even when he has a decent game. He has a defense that is doing everything they can to make the team lose. He is likely in a no win situation with some of you douchebags.

I want my QB fired up too, but at some point, he probably realized it didnt matter what he did in this game, with the way our defense played, we were not going to win. If he goes out there like Peyton Manning tonight, we still lose because we gave up over 40 points to ****ing VT. This is VT with garbage *** Logan Thomas who just ate our **** up.

You think Manzier just gives up because he knows his sh*tty defense is going to give up 40 points every night? Or that Bernie gave up with his historically bad (until last year) defense in 1984? Marino with his defenses? No, they go out there and try to put up 50 because they know that's what it will take to win.

Who said anything about giving up? We are talking about quotes he gave after a major loss. I never said anything about giving up on the field, but why be all rah rah, we are going to fix this problem after we just got smoked. If you expect that every time, go be a gator fan and watch Tim Tebow videos crying after Ole Miss loss.

I just watched the presser and those are quotes but, and I know people always say this, the context matters.

He came in chewing on something and was trying to finish it up before the questioning. The reporters were kinda of bantering with him.

He did say you win some and you lose some or something to that effect but it was also while he was praising VT coaches, Logan Thomas etc. it was all the things many say after a loss or a win.

The jersey thing was at the end and I didn't see it as a smart *** thing. It was kind of odd thing to say though but....I think he meant it?

Frankly I felt a little better after watching it. He came across as confident and pushing same themes as Golden; hard work, much to play for etc.. It wasn't as bad as those three quotes make it out to be.

Coach D's conference was a whole different kettle of fish; "I gotta watch the tape" " missed tackles" etc. that's not inspiring.

Advertisement
Back